ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who's a mechanic around here?

clio 172
im after having all my engine mounts(dont need the 1 under the battery doing though) + the dogleg underneath replaced as it knocks all the time...and i want it quiet..PERIOD!

how much for the mounts from ktec

+ how much to fit them?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Priece for the mounts are on Ktecs site, add couple of hours labour and your there!

R35 GTR
Took me about 2 hours to do ones under battery. 15 minutes for dog bone and about an hour for the upper one.

Lionel Richie
before wasting money on parts that aren't needed

make sure that a) you've fitted them correctly and also b) WHY doesn't the battery tray one need changing?

clio 172
before wasting money on parts that aren't needed

make sure that a) you've fitted them correctly and also b) WHY doesn't the battery tray one need changing?

because it was knocking like a reet pig when i took it in to get its belts done and they said it was that, so they replaced that 1. now there is another knock coming from somewhere else in the bay.

its not as noticeable as before but its there, and its only when ya going in to a roundabout abit hot and roll of the throttle..then boot it again it bangs.

also in first and second gear it feels like the engine vibrations go through the chassis at 4k rpm.

i get well peed of by little niggly things like that:mad:

clio 172
you shouldn't of bought a renault then ;)

i love renauls boss, i can live with the exterior temp gauge going haywire, and the aircon fan buzzing like a dildo on the roof....

i cant however stand the fact that it sounds like the motor is dropping out!:dead: