ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whos had cooksport and eibachs....

BG 182
basically ive got cooksports on my 182 atm but im finding them bit too harsh so much so on some country roads the car feels unsettled as it bounces a bit. Are they a very similar ride to eibachs sportlines? just looking for people who've had both im not too fussed about if ones a couple of cm's higher than the other. Or is it not the springs fault i.e dampers or something?? cheers

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
172 cup shocks will fit straight onto a non cup 182.

I like the cooksports with new cup shocks, I think it works really well, its firm but not crashy IME.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
for b roads etc I find the eibach much more compliant, but I still miss my cooksports as they sit nicer

this is on approx. 30k cup shockers all round and back to back comparison as went straight from the cooks to the eibach

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
IME the Cooksports are not as composed a ride on bumpy unbroken surfaces at low speeds.

But Sportlines, while more comfortable in that area, made my Trophy look like a tractor.

Cooksports are the compromise I've opted for.

BG 182
IME the Cooksports are not as composed a ride on bumpy unbroken surfaces at low speeds.

But Sportlines, while more comfortable in that area, made my Trophy look like a tractor.

Cooksports are the compromise I've opted for.

thats what ive found, going by what people say ill look into 172 cup shocks and see how that goes. if it doesnt work....least i got new shocks haha

thats what ive found, going by what people say ill look into 172 cup shocks and see how that goes. if it doesnt work....least i got new shocks haha
Hi Toby. Did you fit the 172 cup shocks on in the end? Just interested as I have going to run the same set up as you shortly.

BG 182
Hi Toby. Did you fit the 172 cup shocks on in the end? Just interested as I have going to run the same set up as you shortly.
basically mike I had a bit of a mare. didnt realised 172 cup shocks wouldnt fit on my 182 cup till i had them lying in my bedroom. so obviously never fitted them and sold them on. I have cooksports with 182 cup shocks and i find them quite bumpy on country and uneven roads have to take it very slowly. in the long run im saving up for coilovers. but for springs imo they're good

basically mike I had a bit of a mare. didnt realised 172 cup shocks wouldnt fit on my 182 cup till i had them lying in my bedroom. so obviously never fitted them and sold them on. I have cooksports with 182 cup shocks and i find them quite bumpy on country and uneven roads have to take it very slowly. in the long run im saving up for coilovers. but for springs imo they're good

Oh dear mate.

I have bought the 172cup shocks and have the 182 shocks on the rear (I believe that some say the tears are the same as the 172's)

I am heading the other way- from budget coilovers to springs as I didn't rate the coilovers any better than the 91k suspension that was on the dear girl.

Not expecting miracles, but if they are half as good as this forum suggests I will be a happy man!

Thanks for the advice dude.

BG 182
Oh dear mate.

I have bought the 172cup shocks and have the 182 shocks on the rear (I believe that some say the tears are the same as the 172's)

I am heading the other way- from budget coilovers to springs as I didn't rate the coilovers any better than the 91k suspension that was on the dear girl.

Not expecting miracles, but if they are half as good as this forum suggests I will be a happy man!

Thanks for the advice dude.
aye very sloppy on my behave to get the wrong springs lol. yea hopefully man, failing that the eibachs, though I have found this site http://www.mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de/B...LIO-II-BB0-1-2-CB0-1-2-20-16V-Sport-47-217706 which does cheap b14's so gonna save for that!

486 is good. I have done a full refresh that totals in at 420 so for another 66 quid I guess that would make sense!