ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why 2 caf pipes on a standard 182 air box ?

None
Just poking around under the bonnet earlier like you do when you're bored and i spotted something about the 182 airbox that seems odd to me,
there is the main caf pipe that runs down by the side of the front light and then goes into the bumper area, this has the vacuum valve thing on it i think but then there is another air feed pipe that runs under the air box from the back and is just open into the engine bay by the side of the air box at the front, isn't this a little odd to have 2 air feed pipes going into the box ? whats the thinking behind it and what does the little vacuum pipe actually do that connects onto the caf pipe down by the light and goes up the right hand side of the plenum chamber?
Cheers guys..........i'm just being curious, i'm sure renault knew what they were doing when they fit it that way :S

Da

Less
There are two CAF's as one is closed by the acoustic valve when the engine is cold and the vlave opens to allow more air in once the car has warmed up. This is to meet EU noise regulations, something that isn't needed here in the UK.
The other CAF is always open.

That small hose is to tell the acoustic valve when the engine is upto temp.

:)

None
No probs mate :)

I removed my AV and chucked it in the bin ;)

I have a pipercross panel filter to go in soon so i might just disconnect the front caf and let it take in air from the engine bay bypassing the AV, can't hurt to try at least :)