ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do I still love my RB 182 so much after nearly 7 years..?!?!

RB 182 FF
So.... Back in January I went and bought an EP3 Type R... I still own it and use it daily, I handed my 182 to my mum as she was looking for a run around...

Anyway I've worked away for 6 months and taken the type r with me, it's a really good car, the engine and gearbox are superb...However, I just don't love it. As soon as I sat in the 182 and drove a few miles I knew it was love all over again...! The seating position is terrible in the 182 and I'm 6"3 so the car feels way too small! Also the pedals are super stiff compared to most cars, but my god did they nail the steering feel... It drives so nicely and by far is the best car I've ever owned, as a daily it's superb, the fact I've renewed everything including a brand new gearbox probably helps... But yeah the 182 is awesome, it reminds me of my mums old school Fiesta XR2 back in the day. So raw, flimsy and lovable!! ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
How long have you had it James? And what did you think of it overall?!
This is my 2nd one. First one I had around 6 months and this one only about 2 months I think.
They're good cars don't get me wrong, but they just lack something for me. The engine and gearbox are obviously their strong point, but I'll always prefer the Clio overall.

And for all the comments about how reliable they are etc they're all rust buckets, cam chains stretch, starter motors stick, and the synchros fail just as much as the clios do

RB 182 FF
You've hit the nail on the head James, what is it that they lack?! They just don't have any soul somehow... I always remember Clarkson reviewing the 182 back when it was released and saying it was like the little dog with a floppy ear,just so lovable somehow.. I get no such feelings with the EP3, I don't know what it is... No cruise is a right shitter as well, no excuse for that!!

RB 182 FF
Thought you had sold the RB

No I didn't ImprezaDan... I thought about it then mum mentioned needing a run around, so just made sense for her to have it...! Can't see me sticking with the EP3 for very long, maybe another 12 months or so... I haven't got an itch for any other cars at the moment, except for another Renaultsport.... ?