ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why is my 1.2 so bloody slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Renault mk2 phase 1
can any one help me an tell me why my mk2 phase 1 only manages to do 90mph ok i know its a 1.2 8v an on an s plate, but surly it should sit around 100 no probs
i even get beat by 1.1 saxo's an as every clio driver know u dnt wanna be done by a saxo ( the clit car coz every C you next tuesday has got one )
can any body tell me where i can go to get it looked at or is there any thing i can do my self ? :dapprove:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
mk2 ph1 has more weight than the mk1 clios, so the 1.2 8v wont be as quick as the older plates. mines a 1.2 16v and mine doesn't like getting to hundred.

Renault mk2 phase 1
ive been init when we done a 110 to santa pod an he says that when he has been on his own it done 115
:dapprove:

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
1.1 saxo = 60hp, 1.2 8v clio = 60hp, but saxo is about 3 seconds quicker to 60 due to weight advantage. I drive 1.2 8v clios at work and they aren't very fast :quiet: My 16v 1.2 would reach 115 given time.

Clio DCi 65
I duno mate,

shouldnt b tht bad,

I had a ton out of my clio 1.2 n reg the other day,

But the wheel was shaking sooo much so i gave it the breaks!!

You say ur mate hit 115,

Was that on a hill coz my dci's hit 125 on a hill whilst on a straight its sed to max out at about 98!!

Bt yeh, its 1.2!!! Slow like my dci

At least it sounds good?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
i have got 100 on slight downhill with 5 ppl in car ( on private track)
Mine seems to do it easily even though it takes time and get shakey wheel at anthin over 80 lol

Clio DCi 65
lol,

my bro just got back from work asking why im laughing so much lol!!

Yeh il c u up there 2mo,

i need to get sum diesel,

thinks its free aint it lol

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah well the guy who works there seemed pretty friendly just quote my name, he will give u discount or some free air freshners or sumink.

Clio DCi 65
aww cheers mate

can get a couple magic trees,

im goin to watch sky 4 a bit in bed,

cba to talk about our magical airstrip anymore haha!

nite buddy

ZT 1.8T
iv got 120 ish out of mine on a "magical airstrip" lol, just IK for MOD nd runnin on V power 02 1.2 16v expression

BG182®
iv got 120 ish out of mine on a "magical airstrip" lol, just IK for MOD nd runnin on V power 02 1.2 16v expression

same as me m8. was out last nyt on the M2 and A2 and managed 117 just as me g/f ask whats that burning smell lol. was running on v-power aswell in the same car. so really, im quite impressed with me lil 1.2 to say the least :D

my 1.2 16v has done 100mph in 4th, (on my private runway) but it doesnt seem to have a limitter, just keeps going without bouncing back, have got to 115mph (after about 20mins) and it is scray as fook in my little clio,

1.6 16v
awwww d easiest way to go faster is to buy a faster car mate! like a 2 litre or even the 1.6 aint that bad!

133/225/CLS AMG
With regard to the original post, a 1.2 8v Clio will get to 100mph-ish but won't sit there that comfortably!!

I had a 1.2 Clio Oasis which was on an L reg and according to the speedo it hit 115mph but I think that must have been massively inaccurate.

Its a 1.2 mate so don't expect too much, just enjoy the low insurance and 45mpg+ from it!!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
the one time i went on a private runway i managed to squeeze 110. thats from a mk2 ph1 1.2 8v....but with that said, i think it was like 102mph gps varified.

A Fcukin Car
I have got a 1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2 and have managed about 115 out of it on a private road, it held really well just took a bit of time getting there. Sarah managed to push 120 out of hers 1.2 16v Mk 2 Ph3 on the same private road :)

al

ST on the way...
I have got a 1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2 and have managed about 115 out of it on a private road, it held really well just took a bit of time getting there. Sarah managed to push 120 out of hers 1.2 16v Mk 2 Ph3 on the same private road :)

Was that the same private road you two we're following Mike (Kartman) down? ;)

My 1.2 8v mk1 ph3 did 115
the 2.0 16v mk1 did 140 and was still going but was a little scary
and the nail (golf tdi) has done 115..
..All down the strip of course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.