ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will this actually work? (Halfrauds content)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Before I start, yes I am aware there is a pw thread in here already, but I never got an answer when posting in there and this has is an attachment query

Will this work for snow foam?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_217894_langId_-1_categoryId_262358#tab0

i ask, as I have been given just over £100 in Halfords vouchers from my work this Christmas, so would be free of charge for me. I know there are better things out there, but they would cost money rather than for free!

probbly going to buy this too http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_372873_langId_-1_categoryId_262357#tab3

Worth a go to see as its free?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
the shampoo bottles dont give foam, just a soapy solution. the same will all of them supplied with karcher, nilfisk etc

the lances on pressure washers have different fittings dependent on brand, most snow foam lances have changeable fittings so you can convert it to fit for a couple £. you would have to get the fitment to suit. you can check out the differentfittings on i4detailing or cleanyourcar sites.

i have no idea on the halfords washers but the higher pressure rating the better. you would also need to check the fitment of the lance and compare it to the fittings available for the snow lance. buying a snow lance from ebay is fine as theyre all pretty much identical, you just need to know what fitment you need as thats the only part that changes

RS6 C7
  Not a 320d
Homebase sell karcher too although youll have a better range at argos and might have to order the thing at Homebase.

Clio 172 Cup
Everybody on the detailing forum I use now and again all recommend the nilfisk over the karcher

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We use a karcher pressure washer and its great for snow foam but we use the autobrite lance with it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Personally . First of all i rinse off any loose dirt with my antiquated Karcher ( it's over 10 years old and never let me down once ) Then i run a 6 foot length of hose into a 25 litre homebrew fermenting bin thats been filled up with warm water and either shampoo or snow foam . Using my vario lance i cover the car in lots and lots of foam at low pressure , leave it to dwell a while , then alter the head on the lance so i have lots of high pressure foam and proceed to rinse off the car . Then it's the old trusty 2 bucket method with a mitt to give the car a good shampoo . As long as you have a half decent pressure washer this method should work . After all , a pressure washer is just a pump and can be used to empty ponds , large waters butts etc .... You don't need it attached to a mains water supply to operate it . Saves you spending any extra on those fancy snow foam lances , and those little Karcher foam nozzles are useless . If you have one , throw it in the bin , thats the best place for it ;)
3SmallMediumLarge_zpsc5038e10.jpg

2SmallMediumLarge_zps9da14761.jpg

Last edited: