ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will this rack fit

alien green rs133
if you come across a rack that is the same length as a 172, but manual and with the electronic sensor on i want one aswell.

just get a dci rack and fit the track rods and track rod ends from your power steering rack.

It'll will be the right length then and manual with similar turns lock to lock as the power steering racks.

think i have found the dci rack, can i not use the track rods & track rod ends that come on the dci rack?

Appologies for the high quality picture ;)

But this is a picture of a standard 1*2 sport power steering rack (Bottom)
and a dci rack fitted with tie rods and track rod ends from a ps rack (Top)

dci%20rack.jpg

Other than the dci rack only requiring 2 bolts to fit it, and the p/s rack 4 they're now identical in length.

champion. hard to swap the arms over or not? got my dci rack been sent out on monday so will tackle it one night next week!

champion. hard to swap the arms over or not? got my dci rack been sent out on monday so will tackle it one night next week!

Pretty easy job to do, just get a pair of stilsons on the inner joint and loosen, then when you refit, use some strong thread lock and tighten. 10 minute job once the rack's on the bench.