ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams/16v Suspension help

Just bought williams that is lowered,want to get back to standard, can i just change the springs, whats the height,anyone selling standard springs etc etc etc. Any usefull info appreciated.

Williams 2, STi N12

Simialr problem for me too. Wanted to uprate the springs on my car but could only find lowered ones! Obviously lowering the car would completly upset the balance/handling of it so I phoned Demon Tweeks and they got hold of some springs from Germany for me. They are the same length but slightly higher in rating than the OE ones. £85 for the pair.

You will have to look at the struts to see if they have changed them and also the rear torsion bar to put it back to its proper settings.

Good luck mate. Hope it helps

Interesting....I lowered mine and the ride has gone to pot....Im thinking or raising it again which is a shame considering Ive already paid once to reset the torsion bar.

Ive looked and looked and there just doesnt seem to be any aftermarket kits available for the Williams, although BB are working on something.

Ill let you know if I can find out the original geometry specs, although be warned - the reason I lowered mine is that I cracked the original Renault springs and went to replace them - 15 different colours and £80 each!!!

I agree there are very companies that do kits for the Williams although I have just bought a set of JR Coilovers which are £256 +vat from Hill Power and I must say im quite impressed with the ride quality and handling. I had full Clio Cup suspension on before that but it was just too low and too hard. I do have my original Williams springs for sale though if any of you are interested and they are in good condition.

Dazz

I e-mailed Renault and they faxed me the geometry specs, mainly to do with tracking cause the garage didnt do it right (took off toe-in etc). I reckon the williams suspension is the perfect comprimise for b-roads. I guess if you only race Novas round town you might get away with stiffer ;). Never been on a track so dunno if it gets annoying there.

Quote: Originally posted by Dazz F on 20 January 2003

I agree there are very companies that do kits for the Williams although I have just bought a set of JR Coilovers which are £256 +vat from Hill Power and I must say im quite impressed with the ride quality and handling. I had full Clio Cup suspension on before that but it was just too low and too hard. I do have my original Williams springs for sale though if any of you are interested and they are in good condition.

Dazz

Clio 197

My Willy suspension is stock, and not only that, still has the original dampers. That is with 177,500km! It really has to be one of the best all around suspensions. I have video shot from a car folowing me around the ring and I was very surprised to see how flat the thing corners!

There is a lot to be said for a stock suspension at stock ride height.

wally, depending on what u have on the front lowering it? and if theyve changed the rear shocks i may be interested in buyin em off u

Well i have a few bits of suspension available really, Standard Willy Springs, 25mm drop Avo Springs and a full set of Clio Cup suspension with camber adjusters, all in good condition. I am open to sensible offers and will split. Also im based in the midlands.

Dazz

Dazz - What does the JR Coilover setup that you have now consist of? That price seems a bit cheap even if its only the front shocks!

Is it specifically for the Williams? Nobody seems to appreciate that the Willy has a wider track so 16v kits wont fit.

Oli.

Wally1, I live near Tamworth but am in Burton alot as I have alot of friends there. If you would like to meet up let me know.

Oli.m, My JR Coilover kit consists of 2 complete front legs and a pair of rear shocks. The fronts are a 2 spring system (main spring and assister). Also they are designed specifically for the Williams so the geometery is good. Unfortunately there havent been many dry days since ive fitted it but ive been out a few times in the dry and im seriously impressed.

Dazz

Yes dazz ill be interested in the standard springs and meeting up somewhere to collect How much and when ?

irs@sellers77.freeserve.co.uk

Wally1 I have sent you an email.

Ben J I dont know why they have put such a low price on them but im well impressed and it makes em excellent value for money

Dazz