ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams and r5 gtt seats in a 1.4 clio + brakes question

hi as my 1.4 seats are sh*tty im after some williams ones or some renault 5 gtt ones.

firstly will they go in without subframe modification or will i have to change subframes.

secondly does anyone have either of the above for sale? im only after the front 2 seats as i have no rear seats.

thirdly anyone know where i can see some r5 gtt seat designs so i know which one to look for, i have a blue carpeted boot and am lookin for some seats to have blue in them.

Brakes: can i fit williams or 16v brakes on my 1.4? will they bolt straight on or is it a hard job? anyone got the disks/pads/calipers etc?

thanks for ya time in advance

Williams interiors are rarer than rocking horse poo! Remember - under 1200 were made altogether in the 1, 2 and 3 series. Leather is a similar case - not many cars to start with!

As for the 5T - Im not sure youd want the interior from one. Most are over 10 years old now and the chances of getting a new one are slim. Rear bench wouldnt fit properly either.

Look in the for sale section here - theres a bloke with two 16v interiors for sale.

Sorry! That should read "As for the 5T...the chances of finding an interior in good nick are slim"!!!

Ask Ben R about brake callipers from the 16v - think hes done it to his RT.

hiya mate. Yeah, the clio 16V and willy calipers and discs are the same, and also the same as teh 5GTT calipers. So, you can just go and buy a 16V set of calipers from a scrappy (where i got mine) or from EBC who do reconditioned calipers for a bit of extra cash. They bolt sraight on, sa the hub geometry and measurements are the same between the 1.4 and 16V, just the 16V has beefier hubs.
I got them on mine and make a world of difference, but i also got a 16V master cylinder to fit as the 1.4 is slightly smaller so the pedal travels farther then it does normally on the 1.4.