ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams coilovers

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
of course i will try the williams forum also but, the car is running Avo road sport suspension at the mo, which il probably change, what setups have the williams owners tried? from Ledas to the H&R's to name a couple (maybe compared to what i have?). the car has plenty of power but the handling doesnt seem as sharp as my old 172 on KW's (v2), but ive yet to fully appreciate the car & its attributes yet! but any feedback appreciated, ta.

williams and trophy
can only really back up what edde says.

i was gunna go billies..................but they dont make em. at the time i enquired anyway. the only 2 companioes i found that made em for the williams were leda and avo. ledas were well over a grand at the time, avos 500.

well worth the money imo. turn in much sharper, can ride the bumps as well as oe if that how u like it, body roll minimised drastically.always a good thing in my book.

altho others will disagree. i think they a lot better than oe set up.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
ya Leda are 1k+ (from GDI for example), i think the next step up from my existing is Avo 'Evolution'? what about the H&R's, they seem to get good reviews for their 172 version?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Leda's. I'm running full apex and it's simply awsum! Cadwell this month to test. And knockhill next w/k

williams and trophy
mine are evolution kit ;)

think ud be better off goin direct to leda tbh mate....think they only bout 700 now.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
just been on the Leda site m8, prices look the same as GDI. Ali..did you buy the car with them already on?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
haitch said:
just been on the Leda site m8, prices look the same as GDI. Ali..did you buy the car with them already on?

Nope mate, fitted them over 2days. Was mildly more difficult that first look....Things were rather seized up! You at cadwell, If you are i'll take you for a shot!

Williams Clio
Originally had K-tec ultimate shocks and springs on my williams which handled pretty well. Upgraded to H&R coilovers about 3 months ago and glad i did. Theres less role in the corners and they seem to have better damping for absorbing the bumps. Much nicer feel and ride for the road, would probably need stiffer springs for doing a track day though.

I was also suprised to find they didnt come with rear dampers, ended up buying bilstein shortened dampers for the rear in the end as i was told the H&R's use bilstein internals.

Adi

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
Bump! its defo down to the KW's or Avo, 2 Live, or anybody else know how much the Avo Evolution kit lowers by? various online places that sell them seem to have different figures, even the Avo website isnt clear, il ring them if nobody knows eh..

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
its not the ride quality m8, its just that its too low, the Avo roadsport which is on the car is fixed height, ive had to weld a plate over the exhaust for now as it catches all the speedhumps round here, also the intercooler pipes catch, they will be changed for silicone later, but driving like a learner over the speed humps is not good so looking for adjustables, had the KW's on the rs, highly rated, just curious bout the Avo Evolution.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Bump! its defo down to the KW's or Avo, 2 Live, or anybody else know how much the Avo Evolution kit lowers by? various online places that sell them seem to have different figures, even the Avo website isnt clear, il ring them if nobody knows eh..

Avos have massive ride height adjustment from higher than stnd to on the ground pretty much.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
trouble is with the roadsports (fixed height) on the car at the mo, it is too low. ive had to weld a plate over the exhaust as it was wearing on all the speed humps round here, also the intercooler pipes are catching, il be changing them for silicone ones later. i need more adjustment, tired of milkfloats beating me round the humps. i rated the Kw's i had on the rs, just want to know about the Avo Evolution, i may yet phone leda direct.

Have you replaced all the bushes with new? Might sharpen things up a lot for a lot less money than a whole new set of coilies. :)

If you went polyurethane it would be tight! lol (though, from what I hear, be prepared to replace them in a couple of years)

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels
The Evolution Kit will give u plenty of room for adjustment, as Martin has said u can get it well above standard height and stupidly low if required.

U can buy the front adjustable dampers instead of buying the full kit, not sure if the spring from yours would fit straight on, your rear dampers should be the same as the Evo kit ones.

On the Avo site it's showing £82+vat for a front adjustable damper.... http://www.avouk.com/pm/89

I spoke to Avo a few weeks ago about getting mine serviced and they were very helpful, give them a ring.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
Terrorist..i believe the H&R would be a touch soft for me on track. Gaztwo^many thanks il look into this.