ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams insurance

Right, ive got the opportunity to buy a williams 3, but i want to know whether the insurance would be affordable. At the moment i pay £830 on my 1.4 with 2 years NCD at the age of 20.

What do you reckon ill be looking at to insure a williams? also should i go fully comp like i am now or just 3rd party?

cheers, Dan.

Polo GTi

I can imagine its gona be quite expensive I reckon if your RT £830, sorry I can;t help you but I can tell you what I pay, 26 5yrs NCB, Fully Comp parked on street, missus as named driver comes to £650 with elephant, which is quite reasonable considering.

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 12 July 2004

I can imagine its gona be quite expensive I reckon if your RT £830, sorry I can;t help you but I can tell you what I pay, 26 5yrs NCB, Fully Comp parked on street, missus as named driver comes to £650 with elephant, which is quite reasonable considering.
i drive a Mk2 mate, 1.4 16v at the moment. i was hoping for something like £1500.... do you think this is right?

Im 20, No NCD.. on a Williams 3.

Im on the Elephant 10 month bonus accelerator.

Im guessing £1000 - £1500 TPFT isnt a bad guess... going on what I pay with 0 NCD.. Itd be about £1500 - £2000 for fully comp.. (guessing)

cheers daz... thanks but either im missing it entirely or you havent actually said what your insurance costs, if ya dont mind sayin :)

fully comp 10months. i added my old dear and it came up as £1594.09 fully comp or £1115.72 TPFT.

the thing is id feel better having fully comp, but is it worth it seeing as the williams is much older than my current car?

Polo GTi

Sorry trev I thought it said RT, my missus drives an 1.4RT thats all, must be getting confused.

Those quotes are quite expensive, but I reckon its worth it :D

i would prefer to go fully comp on a car like that, and the difference of the insurance i have to pay can be mostly made up with selling my nearly new wheels and the difference of the price i sell my car for.

so basically, i could simply "swap" my car for the williams. :)

ive got this thing in my head telling me that itll go wrong more cos its 6 years older than my current car. thats the only thing putting me off at the moment.

you have to put up with renault quirks !

have you driven a williams yet ? if not drive then decide - dont think it will take long..............:D

i used to have an 86 R5 GTT and the williams is merc quality compared to that !

im paying £1600 full comp with direct line, 0ncd 1 crash, as i said before go drive one!! then u will know

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 12 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 12 July 2004

Those quotes are quite expensive, but I reckon its worth it :D
I thought they were quite good! :eek:

Sorry didnt mean he could get it cheaper, just that its a lot of money full stop, as I am a tight arse. I was just saying a grand-odd is a lot of money but it will be worth it when you get to drive the Willy

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

i got a quote for £980 on a willy 3 tpft 21 2yrs no claims from direct line. prehaps u would b better off waiting until u are 21