ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams making very loud banging noise

TT 225

One thing after another with this car!

Can anyone help or throw some ideas around about this? Driving home last night with the window slightly down and the radio turned off, and every time i went over a slight lump in the road, or minor hole (nothing servere) I get a loud bang coming from the front o/s. Its a metallic noise, kinda sounds like Im running over a loose grid.

Had to drive it to work today because I was late, but this noise is beginning to unnerve me

If its only happening when you go over bumps it could be something to do with your shocks. When the car is stationary rock the o/s front shock and see it its still making the noise. Could be something completely different but start off with the simple stuff. Maybe the wheel arch lining isnt in properly and the wheel is catching when you go over bumps.

I had exactly the same in my silvia, sounds like driving over a drain. Apparently on the silvia it was common, and had no known cause.

Hello Kelly this sounds like the sort of problem i had with my motor its a mettalic noise coming from around the wheel area did it at every bump and dip in the road it reminded me of a loose bracket ratteling around the cause was a track rod end/ ball joint thingy.......

Does that sound famillier?

Rob.

TT 225

Rob - Yes!! Sounds exactly like that. Thats typical, at its last MoT they said the track rod end was going.. but on the n/s

I shall check top mounts and suspension also tho, because its free to check it hehe :)

Thank you!!

Clio 172 cup

mine has exactly the same problem, just bought a new top mount on ebay for £1 so i hope it makes a difference

Happened to me when i first got the car, turned out to be a broken spring. The broken bit was hitting the top of the shock when i went over bumps.