ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Sump

My car is currently in a garage and the garage said the sump has a crack in it. However, I have been told by a reliable source that Williams sumps can have casting marks on them that look like fine cracks. The oil isnt leaking. I trust my source implicitely, but he hasnt actually seem my sump. So it could be a crack. Does any one else have any experience of this type of thing?

a mate cracked the sump on his F7R megan doing a jump over a hump backed bridge! it was repaired instiu and didnt cause any further problems they are simple devices but expensive to replace no doubt if you want the proper baffled williams one

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Not having much luck with this one are you King. Thought I was having problems.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

alloy sumps dont normally crack unless they have been stressed(jacked up on or knocked on a speed hump etc).i would give it a clean off and keep an eye on it over the next few days.