ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Vs Redtop corsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
both standard engines?shud bothe be 150bhp what do you lot think would be the fastest?

VaVa
I've beaten one in my 172 (just), and a standard (healthy) Williams will be about the same speed. So my money's on the Williams.

But I've also been spanked by a red top corsa with a few mods. Those engines appear to actually respond to light mods, whereas mine.. :(

yeh,theyre verry tunable engines,80 bhp gain from sum cams,probs b able to get same as tht from a willy tho,how much can u get a willy lump for these days

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
The xe lump is without doubt cheaper to tune...I think they struggle to get the power down as cleanly as a oe 2.0 16v FWD...thats why they struggle on the strip m,ight be better from a roll...

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Ingram said:
yeh,theyre verry tunable engines,80 bhp gain from sum cams,probs b able to get same as tht from a willy tho,how much can u get a willy lump for these days

I just read this properly lol 80 bhp from cams are you on crack?!!

Foz

slammed clio mk1
lol. nothin wrong wi been on ur lasses crack, you should try it sometime notorious lad.

My old nova ran 14.3 with a stock 2 litre XE, and 13.2 with a 100hp shot of nitrous through it.

You don't get 80bhp from just cams, but they are very tuneable. I built one that made 230bhp ATF with a bit of headwork, rally cams and throttle bodies. The 1600s are better to tune tho can get 170bhp out of them piss easy.

Matt

1.8 Civic EX
the thing you have to remember...

would you rather own the most famous iconic hot hatch or a corsa?

I know what i'd have....

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
clowo16v said:
My old nova ran 14.3 with a stock 2 litre XE, and 13.2 with a 100hp shot of nitrous through it.

You don't get 80bhp from just cams, but they are very tuneable. I built one that made 230bhp ATF with a bit of headwork, rally cams and throttle bodies. The 1600s are better to tune tho can get 170bhp out of them piss easy.

Matt

Aye they are soo cheap for t/b's and the like...good engine.

Mine did 13.89 on stock f7r though;)

Laingo said:
80 bhp from some cams? I bet with an ebay chip and an electric supercharger you're talking 150+ !!
no mate the chip was from netto and the turbo was a computer fan,u can get 80 bhp from cams on a redtop

Big difference between low and high 13s tho lol

Wasn't me driving as I was only 15 when I built it. Reckon I could have nailed a 12 out of it with nitrous as my mate who was driving didnt trash it like I would have and weighed 15 stone compared to the 10 stone I was then.

The engine n nitrous are still in a nova van shell somewhere but the shell got written off.

Matt

Mate you don't get 80bhp just from cams. That means going from 150 to 230bhp. As I said i've built one, took more than cams to get 230bhp out of one. My mates rally car made 295bhp ATF on an all steel 2 litre XE and that was about as high as you can get and keep them reliable ish.

Matt

williams 2
lol my mates corsa red top eats my 172 but that is turbo'd and near on 300bhp!! on a standard 2l 16v a willy all day long!!

80bhp from cams, lol.
ive raved a few redtop corsa'snot much init depends on the mods, but the xe engines are better.
my friend picked up an xe nova last night and its fast, from driving it i reckon its quicker than my clio.

ROFL 80bhp from cams FPMSL, I got told fitting a halfords exhaust whistle gives you 20bhp so must be true!

Youl be lucky to get 10bhp from cams, and then youl need some form of piggy back or remap to set them up otherwise it will run like a dog

anyway back to topic, should be similar in a straight line, williams will batter it through the corners on a dry day.

exactly you need something else, a remap, and cams to be setup, if you just stick cams in the car will overfuel and run like a sack of crap

Steve106GTI said:
ROFL 80bhp from cams FPMSL, I got told fitting a halfords exhaust whistle gives you 20bhp so must be true!

Youl be lucky to get 10bhp from cams, and then youl need some form of piggy back or remap to set them up otherwise it will run like a dog

anyway back to topic, should be similar in a straight line, williams will batter it through the corners on a dry day.
nah mate its 15 bhp from the exhaust whistle,and u will defo get more than 10 bhp, and it also depends on what rpm the cams make the power band start

Status
Not open for further replies.