ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Vs Valver

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 15 October 2004

my mates mk1 runs the same 1/4 mile times as my old 16v, the yellow beast leaves it for dead tho ;)
Must bo one of the lower power french ones ;) . Try mine would be vvvvvv fun.

Quote: Originally posted by 106GTi97 on 14 October 2004

10 car lengths? 70-100 fk off pmsl
dunno m8, it was a hell of a lot, it was like it was stood still. You have to bear in mind that from 20mph to 100mph I can do all of that in 3rd gear. My friend in the valver had to change into 5th before I was even in 4th. His is standard, mine has filter, decat, backbox and gearbox.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by mr bognor on 15 October 2004

my mates mk1 runs the same 1/4 mile times as my old 16v, the yellow beast leaves it for dead tho ;)
Must bo one of the lower power french ones ;) . Try mine would be vvvvvv fun.

santa pod over the next few weeks? ;)

I would love a williams or a 172 but got rent, debts etc so gotta stick with my valver as for the money, they are a hell of a car!!!

Willy, Willy 2, V6

Justy, no excuse mate... loans are v easy to get these days!!!! heh :oops:

Btw, mines standard willy at the mo (apart from ITG replacement filter) so if anyones up for a blast against me at santa pod lemme know... im a newbie to 1/4 tho!

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Got to work this week end so will spear you a beeeeeating :oops: But next time sun next time !

[Edited by mr bognor on 15 October 2004 at 2:17pm]

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

righto, think i might be leaving it till next weekend anyways now. dunno about sparing me a beating tho ;)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Wouldnt bank on going to the pod - have you seen the weather?

I need some practice but not banking on getting a good run out now until new year.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Reckon itll have to be a morning of descision.

IE make your mind up in the morning.

I live bout 1 1/2 hours away so would have to be pretty inspiring for me to go!

Williams or MK1 172...Willy any day, the mk1 looks way to standard for me especially from the back, could easily be a Billabong. Mk1 is a good sleeper I suppose.

Is the MK1 172 faster than the MK2?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Go out and get fu*ked and stay out all night then we will race at pod the next day :)

suppose thats one way the 172 could have a chance ;) hehe

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Go out and get fu*ked and stay out all night then we will race at pod the next day :)

suppose thats one way the 172 could have a chance ;) hehe

Git

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Adams_16v (Craig isnt it?)

Whats the line up for pod at the moment iro events is it RWYB both weekends?

Got no money this week but get paid on the 21st.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Quote: Originally posted by paul1178 on 15 October 2004

Williams or MK1 172...Willy any day, the mk1 looks way to standard for me especially from the back, could easily be a Billabong. Mk1 is a good sleeper I suppose.

Is the MK1 172 faster than the MK2?
There is no mk1 billabong its only in mk 2 form and the mk 1 172 looks totally diff from other mk 1 & its 6.8 to 60 mph so yes is faster than a mk 2 .

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Theres loads of phase 1 172s popping up round my way.

I hate silver cars but its prob the best colour on a phase 1 172.

Theres alot of difference between the phase 1 and 2s by the way. 0-60 isnt the best way to decide which is faster on cars that are designed for twisties.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Right you are . I think The mk 2 is more refined has more toys big er alloys ect. and the mk 1 is more raw think top gears Clarkson said it had lost the savage ness of the mk 1 .

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Yeah they made it more suitable as an every day car for may be slightly older people!

Never been in either to be honest.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Fun as fu*k to say its raw is spot on. Put like this say in a golf it will be nice and refined and smooth. In the mk 1 172 its just raw and so un refined ie it just dumps 172 horses at the front wheeles and says have that. The only car that scares the sh*t out of me in 2 gear.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Valvers and Willies are like that though!

My MR2s got best of both worlds, off boost its chilled on boost it screams along with the engine roaring and the turbo wining right behind you.

Bet the yellow beasts quite mild isnt it?

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Is it a turbo no Sh*t wow now thats nice. Same block thats in the GT4 i think still would be no match for the old Clio ;)

[Edited by mr bognor on 15 October 2004 at 4:58pm]

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Its late I cant make sense of that.

[Edited by Matt16v on 15 October 2004 at 5:01pm]

Can now.

Yup same as GT4 - very quick, less power loss as 2WD! :)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 15 October 2004
Adams_16v (Craig isnt it?)Whats the line up for pod at the moment iro events is it RWYB both weekends?Got no money this week but get paid on the 21st.

yep its craig :)

im pretty sure its RWYB for the next 3 weeks then thats it! its not been on for a bit tho so it might be busy this wknd, not too sure!

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Hes just trying to get out of it as he knows he will get a good spanking from me.

:oops: ;) :oops:

[Edited by mr bognor on 15 October 2004 at 5:19pm]

172 Exclusive

Here is a good example my car with exactly the same mods on the 1.8 and 2.0L

The 1.8 ran mailto:15.5@89mph">15.5@89mph

The 2.0L ran mailto:14.4@95mph">14.4@95mph

Thats more than a slight difference with these mods i think

Mr Bognor, yep I realise the Billabong is MK2 only. All I was saying is the rear of the MK1 looks like any other model in the MK1 range, didnt want to cause any offence honest. All the quick clios are good cars I just think the Williams and 16vs have more road presence than the 172 (Apart from the Cup).

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Yep good point it is very plain from the rear with only the sport logo to hint of the power its got . If you no your cars i sticks out with the oz alloys and front end and the silver colour. Your right its not as in your face as some clios ie v6 ect.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Hes just trying to get out of it as he knows he will get a good spanking from me.:oops: ;) :oops:

[Edited by mr bognor on 15 October 2004 at 5:19pm]

lol, how can i possibly not go now!

Just gonna add a little to the 16v vs Willy debate. I dont really like either of them that much but they are cheap little fun cars. It is quite clear that the Williams is superior car and I dont see how anyone would think otherwise.

BUT...

I did drive past a Williams on the straight at Castle Combe and then leave him for dead, thanks Craig for my Williams eating 16v:D

Joe

Thats not what I tell everyone on track days, totally standard mate, hehe;)

[Edited by joe_no12 on 15 October 2004 at 7:11pm]