ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams1 #400 For Sale

Revels Mum & Sister

I think He is asking a little too much even at that Mileage!

Still someone might buy it MAYBE!!!!!!!

Speak to King Stromba!

I think 001 was written off by Frank Williams and Rob Aka King Stromba has got 002!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Thought that was false about the writing off thing. Sure there was a post yonks a while back but cant be arsed to search.

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah but 10K

From memory King has 002 Williams 1 on a P plate with Tiny Mileage. And he didnt pay much more than that!

The one which was famously crashed was a pre production mule it was a modified 16V with Williams parts an wasnt numbered. The first model is in some Renault store or museum somewhere.

Number 0001 is left hand drive and is owned not by Frank Williams but by Williams Grand Grix Engineering. It has 22 kilometres on the clock. It has hardly been driven, except by me ;). It is stored in the Williams factory in Oxfordshire, there are pics of it on this forum if you do a search. The good looking guy sitting in the car is me.:oops:

0002 is my car with 18k miles on the clock. It is the first RHD production example. It is in as good a condition as 0001. It is featured in next months EVO mag as one of their favourite cars from the last 10 years. It will appear on the cover. The link below is the preview of the cover shot:

http://www.p1woc.co.uk/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1680&highlighthttp://www.p1woc.co.uk/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1680&highlight=

The car that was written off was the first prototype car. Un unnumbered car that was really a brand new 16V with all the Williams bits strapped onto it. Apparently the story goes that the car was fine until someone randomy suggested that they try a different type of tyre on the car. The slapped F1 eagles on and it crashed.;)

To be honest i do not see any more collectablity to owning 400 over 345 or 239. The milage means that the car is special, however deterioration on these cars is age related more than milage related. Is it worth 10k? Maybe, but if it is then 0002 is worth 20k. The numbers you want are 0001, 0002, 0003, 0004, 0005 - 10. Number 0006 was on trader about 2 weeks ago for 3.2k. If i wanted a Williams i would have that over 0400, even if the condition was worse and restore it.

williams and trophy

personally id have the last one if i had he choice

as for it being worth 10k?? lol

doubt it

and as for mileage.....well we all know that the speedo can be altered innit.....think i remember a revue of the willy(no.2 i believe) where the speedo wasnt workin.............maybe to keep the mileage down rather than an actual fault

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Cant see the cover preview stromba, need to be a member. Any chance of someone posting it in here?

king.stomba, where did u buy it from? it was on a sky program called "deals on wheels" ma m8 told me, coz he remembered it bein no2

March. Bought it from a family friend who owned a Renault garage. It was an ex Renault display car until 1997 and was in the Renault UK showroom apparently almost completely unused.

williams and trophy

apparently........altho a lot of the mag features on the release of the willy were indeed mag articles on williams no2 *(well quite a lot of em anyway)

so it may only have low miles......but as said b4 some mags complained of speedo not workin.....and

deals on wheels , driven etc all in no.2

thrashed to fukkin fuk

a lot worse than any other

imo

only the 5 willys that viz had as company cars will prob get treated worse than no.2......as they did a lot of mag shoots also......journos always thrash the tits out of em , even if hey cant drive

and 400 was the last rhd model....so worth prob more than no.2...cos its actiually a later model

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Bloody weird all this production run stuff and dont think any1 got to the bottom of it. Could they have all been buillt and then numbers put on? As it seems weird that 001 is LHD and then 002 RHD and if 003 is in France LHD or imported RHD?

And 409 on Autotrader makes there more than 400 RHD unless a sothers have said some earlies were LHD or over 400 for other RHD countries.

Must admit 002 would be the oldest, most desirable if 1st RHD but then it is just a number, like 400 is and is the 1st or last of the production line worth most. Down to the buyer at the end of the day.

Prototype car obviously crashed on the Michelins it was designed on. Although funny the 001 at Williams is shod with Pirrelis.

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 22 February 2004

apparently........altho a lot of the mag features on the release of the willy were indeed mag articles on williams no2 *(well quite a lot of em anyway)

and 400 was the last rhd model....so worth prob more than no.2...cos its actiually a later model
The CCC article on the Cliosport homepage tested #103 - This mustve been another press car - I assume they had a few!

Oh and 400 isnt the last RHD model.. there was a RHD number later than 400 (about 419?) advertised quite recently - the RHD cars clearly werent sequentially numbered, the techs were probably making LHD and RHD cars at the same time, and just whacking the plates on as they went..

Quote: Originally posted by Matty on 22 February 2004

Bloody weird all this production run stuff and dont think any1 got to the bottom of it. Could they have all been buillt and then numbers put on? As it seems weird that 001 is LHD and then 002 RHD and if 003 is in France LHD or imported RHD?

And 409 on Autotrader makes there more than 400 RHD unless a sothers have said some earlies were LHD or over 400 for other RHD countries.

Must admit 002 would be the oldest, most desirable if 1st RHD but then it is just a number, like 400 is and is the 1st or last of the production line worth most. Down to the buyer at the end of the day.

Prototype car obviously crashed on the Michelins it was designed on. Although funny the 001 at Williams is shod with Pirrelis.

I will find out for sure about the Pirellis on 0001. Possible that the old rubber deteriorated and some guy drove it to get new tyres put on it and got anything he could find? The tryes were all flat when i went to see it, so its possible that the orginal rubber deteriorated. Maybe it was delivered on Pirellis, but it seems unlikely given the close association of both Williams and Renault with Michelin.

all this about there being 400 numbered rhd, uk cars seems to be weird !

if number 409 is on autotrader & some one on here had number 400 and some thing, then there arent only 400 williams (im not talking about willy 2&3s)!!

i know willy 2 & 3 dont have a numbered plack (spelling)

also i read on here that the numbers for a willy 1, go into the thousands, but they are lhd !

so whats going on then !!

williams and trophy

yeah the willy1 was a production run of 2500 i believe......400 of those being rhd

i could be wrong tho, but thats what all the mag features etc at the time (and since) said at its release

but then again who knows?????

its easy enuff to make a brass plaque innit n stamp some no.s on.........maybe a looky liky/wannabe maybe the real mcoy

only way to tell really is to get a full list of evry numbered 1 sold from reno,rhd, and work from there, ringin all owners n strikin off the write offs,of which therel be quite a few i reckon

williams and trophy

hahahahah

best of the best my fukkin arse

lol

mine wasnt there at all mate

like i said ......shame they went for the earliest numbered willy not the 1 that epitomises wot the willy was made for lol.........well on the road at least, not comparing mine with the countless willys on the rally circuit,(seeing as tho thats y they were made in the 1st place)

i.e THE 1 IN FRONT

lol......but i dont ned national recognition in a mag for ppl to know that, those in the know know who has the willy to beat hehe

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 24 February 2004

hahahahah

lol

like i said ......shame they went for the earliest numbered willy not the 1 that epitomises wot the willy was made for lol.........well on the road at least, not comparing mine with the countless willys on the rally circuit,(seeing as tho thats y they were made in the 1st place)

i.e THE 1 IN FRONT

lol......but i dont ned national recognition in a mag for ppl to know that, those in the know know who has the willy to beat hehe

I was refering to the marque, not my individual Clio. Calm down, im sure yours is the fastest, I means that guy running 220BHP with a turbo in Holland must be way slower than yours.

There were officially 400 RHD examples of the Williams, not necessarily being numbers 0002 to 0401 (as weve seen).

Most of the LHD press cars were numbered less than 400, so there have to be some RHD cars numbered over 400!

Mines No.0123. Doesnt add any monetary value as far as Im aware, but its nice to have a catchy number :D

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 24 February 2004

hahahahah

lol

i.e THE 1 IN FRONT

I was refering to the marque, not my individual Clio. Calm down, im sure yours is the fastest, I means that guy running 220BHP with a turbo in Holland must be way slower than yours.

ahhhhhhhh but his obviously isnt standard

and it isnt in this country i believe..........

when geds got his back with t/bs etc i will hand over my mantle.......grudgingly lol he gotta earn it first tho hehe

but i will still be claiming the fastest n/a near standard 1 i reckon...only time, an timing slips will prove me wrong.........or right

y not throw no.2 or 200 into the proving grounds against THE 1 IN FRONT?????????

hehe another gauntlet thrown...........by me????? never lol

mwuhahahahahahahahhahahaha

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 24 February 2004

hahahahah

lol

i.e THE 1 IN FRONT

ahhhhhhhh but his obviously isnt standard

and it isnt in this country i believe..........

when geds got his back with t/bs etc i will hand over my mantle.......grudgingly lol he gotta earn it first tho hehe

but i will still be claiming the fastest n/a near standard 1 i reckon...only time, an timing slips will prove me wrong.........or right

y not throw no.2 or 200 into the proving grounds against THE 1 IN FRONT?????????

hehe another gauntlet thrown...........by me????? never lol

mwuhahahahahahahahhahahaha

So what have you got in mind other than 1/4 miling as i think that is banal?

williams and trophy

and the point in that would be?????????????

i bought my car cos i enjoy drivin it............not jus to look at it lol

the whole ethos of a williams is as a drivers car not a museum piece

if u want to pootle around in it at 30 mph or woteva then fair dos u paid ur money etc.

i like to see wot mine is capable of and enjoy trying to find its limits.....like most williams owners......and to say above comment seems to show how desperately you need the attention of others.......u must have a very sad life if thats the reason behind buying it......