ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willygti's Clio 172 Track Build

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Subscribed :) looks lovely, Im liking what you've done so far. If you've got the money to spend then why not.
i wouldn't be bothered about seeing the before and after. ITB sound wins all. Calipers look cool, can't beat a nice looking set under the wheels, even if they don't do much more than the standards.

subaru impreza
The GTi-6 was standard engine but spent a bomb on chassis system. Cage is next on the list - using Safety Devices me thinks.

Just as a footnote, any ideas how much power is drained up with having the aircon pulley setup? Might get the aircon delete fitted when having the ITB's done..

All work being done at KTEC so will update with pics as soon as its returned :evil:

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Looks like it is coming along nice mate! Though il agree, the standard calipers are not s**t, they work quite well with a decent set up

who do you work for? I work for VW too

subaru impreza
Ok so just investing in a 330mm wheel, quick release boss and whiteline rear arb.

Will all be fitted when returns from KTEC.

Going to try get a few decent trackdays in this year (testing) and then try sort some proper racing out for 2013.

Next on the list Cage and seats :cool:

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Doing well buddy, wilwoods were a great upgrade for our car aswell.
I didn't have enough confidence in the standard setup even with DS2500's all round and decent fluid/lines at Combe, but the 4 pots gave me a great feedback level and even clocked up 19 laps of the ring on a closed trackday, no signs of failing whatsoever.

I admit I had been somewhat spoilt over the years with brakes and both of my other cars at the time were running AP 6 Pots anyway, so maybe I desired that little bit more from my brakes.

Good project tho buddy, keep up the good work :)

subaru impreza
Ok so got it back from KTEC. Had 421 cat cams fitted, Jenvey ITB kit as well as a few other tasty treats :)

Made 207bhp so pretty chuffed with that. I would be more enthusiastic but took 4 hours to drive the 82 mile journey home due to w**k holiday traffic!

Popped into work on way back and gave her a jet wash.

Few pics after i got home:

GOPR0392.jpg

GOPR0390.jpg

GOPR0394.jpg

GOPR0393.jpg

IMG_0164-1.jpg

GOPR0395.jpg

GOPR0397.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

GOPR0391.jpg

Last edited:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Loving it, great work. I'm caging mine soon, and then itbs last, after i've run it on track for a bit.

I've been in mixed minds on putting the 2118's on the flamer, but seeing yours has persuaded me it has to be done! Can't beat a good flamer.

Cup In bits
Haven't posted on your thraed before mate, but its coming along nicely, love the flamers, want one for a road car.

What cage you going for?

subaru impreza
So. Had no internet for past few weeks due to house move. Finally back online. Sadly due to house move attention has been diverted away from the car for the time being. However, few updates:

Fitted a KTEC bolt in cage (just a short term thing until proper weld in job) and TRS harnesses sourced from Luigi on here. Top bloke :cheers:

IMG_0311.jpg

GOPR0025.jpg

GOPR0028.jpg

Also a milestone was reached in her life :)
IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg