ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen wipers out of sync.

Iceberg PH1 172
Hi all. Had the wipers off recently to fix the washer bottle pump and since refitting the drivers side developed a squeak. (New blades at Same time)

After about a week the drivers side wiper suddenly stopped and the pass side get carried on and the wipers became out of sync. The drivers sides stuck to the screen about one third of the way through its motion.

Has any one experienced this before? I've got a decent drive to a new job tomorrow, and they've given out snow and showers and it's in the middle of nowhere besides Carrsington water...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine packed up a few weeks ago . Only the passenger side worked. The ball joint furthest right ( passenger side ) had worn out. Replaced it with a 2nd hand unit and it's been fine ever since .

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Check your nuts on the drivers side!!!!
Yep - mine did this - I got distracted when my wiper mechanism was last out and only finger-tightened one of the bolts. Stopped sweeping while doing about 50mph on the carriageway in the rain....

Easy fix - also make sure that your mechanism slides onto the mounting peg at the back of the bulkhead - or else they never sweep properly and you get a lot of excess motor/linkage noise.

PH2 172
Yep - mine did this - I got distracted when my wiper mechanism was last out and only finger-tightened one of the bolts. Stopped sweeping while doing about 50mph on the carriageway in the rain....

Easy fix - also make sure that your mechanism slides onto the mounting peg at the back of the bulkhead - or else they never sweep properly and you get a lot of excess motor/linkage noise.

As he has a non sport PH1, there was no necessity to remove the wiper motor assembly to access the single top mounted windscreen washer pump.

Should have included that information at the start of the thread though.