ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring sub and amp in 182

how the hell do you get the wires from the cabin through to the engion bay to connect to battery etc in a 182. i can see the hole through with two wire already passing through but wen i look under the bonnet i cant see where they come out, iv never seen an engion bay so packed wi stuff b4 please help!!

Black Clio GT

on the passenger side, right in the top of the footwel there shood be a big grommet that you make a bigger hole in and feed the cable through it to the battery!!

if you still cannot do it then shine a tourch up the foot well and open the bonnet and see if you can see any light!!!

or just remover windscreen wipers and drill a hole into footwell and then run wire and plug hole with sealent! simple! lol

its not as easy as that with 182 coz its cramed wi stuff under bonnet and cant even see where wires would come through even with the torch idea

wiring a amp wire in a 182 & 172 is a proper mission due to the heat insulation padding in the engine bay which also cover the hole where you feed the power cable through from the footwell. All I did was get a mate with thin arms to put there had round the back of the insullation and some else just keep feeding the power cable through and with a bit of luck the other person might just be able to grab it. Its take a lot of time and patients, took me an 1hr trying to do it!! also another tip is to get the person feeding the cable through to push the wire into the direction of the drivers side. Good luck mate

yea i know what you mean m8 but i guess the engine will have to be cold because the bit that your on about where i wud av2 stick my arm to try grab the wire would be near some metal pipe things!!!

if your talking about the thin green metal pipes, then they shouldnt be hot anyway as i think they are for the brakes, but as you are quite near the actual engine itself it is advisable to do it on a cold engine. But all in all that the hardest part when installing a sound system on a 172/182 the rest is a doddle, good luck mate