ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

World Endurance Championship 56k GIRUY

tiTTy & SV650
Well... I had an all expenses paid jolly in Germany from Friday till today to support Phase 1 Yamaha World Endurance Racing team, 3 times world champions who we sponsor.

Great laugh, Germans are cool first time I'd been there, the sex show was a bit unexpected tbh lol

I got to walk about the pit area, stand beside the team as they pitted, spend time in the pit garage talking to the riders and mechanics etc, good banter. My mate got to catch the front wheel as they pitted which was cool, I got to hold the fuel re-fill thing, fook me holding 40Kg at arms length for 20secs aint that easy!

The best bit, we finished 3rd, it was a 24 hr race, started 3pm Saturday and finished 3pm Sunday, I was there for the start and the finish and various bits in between, great weekend. We could have had 2nd but the safety cars (yes 2 of em) were out a few times and we lost out due to that, exciting nonetheless!

It was at the Oschersleben Circuit, about half way between Hanover and Berlin, Germany's 3rd race track, built in 1997 I think.

Now the pics:

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

A new team contact happened to have his Lambo with him!

DSC00585.jpg

^ Mint RS2 for sale for 16,000 Euros! not cheap and certainly not shy.

DSC00568.jpg

^ Harley Davidson had a bike racing (V-Rod), was amazed that it finished!

DSC00570.jpg

^ KTM were also racing, Super Duke, very entertaining, 120mph wheely the length of the start finish straight on the parade lap etc.

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
DSC00600.jpg

^ a track prepped Trabant? cool as fook!

DSC00602.jpg

^ where I was standing during the pit stop!

DSC00609.jpg

^ Some Rainbow Sausage action for Alan