ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

World Series by Renault, 2011

I thought it said in the form that you have to stay until 6pm? (arrive between 8-9am). Thats a long time to stay at a s**t show if im honest.

If I can leave any time, then ill apply aswell. Saves me walking an extra 100m ;)

we tend to get there for 8.30 and leave 4/5 eachday. most of the time is spent cleaning the car from the chav handprints and watching some pretty decent racing.

Thats the other thing that puts me off. The general public touching the car. The paintwork isnt in the best condition anyway, but I dont want aload of pikeys making it worse.

Last year, me and the missus got there early on the Saturday. Left by lunchtime, as we got bored, so I dont want to have to be stuck infield ;)

(EDIT: Once ive got there, I wont be cleaning it more. I clean it the day before events, then it can fend for itself. Cba with getting QD and crap out).

Last edited:
being a crowd puller (me not the car) i have to clean mine, i also harbour a twisted logic that one day i might get a concourse mention by the RAOC instead of the same cars EVERYYEAR.

LOL... I would like mine to be in perfect nick on the day, but I think it somewhat spoils your day if you keep having to go back to your car to check over it and get the detailing supplies out. Once im there, id rather enjoy the show (what little there is to enjoy ;) ). Im sure the missus would eventually get pissed aswell if I kept going back to it to clean it lol. A 200 would never win any of the comps anyway...
I still think CS should have a stand. ffs.

agreed, i love it being there and tbh 99% of the public doo.

had some top banter and listened to all sorts of comps and indeed insults about the car. just its all abit la de dahhh.

an old renault avantine or 21 will win again, just because theres alot of 1*2s and megs, etc. doesnt mean theres not an individual and well maintained example there...

Read through a page or 2 back and it'll tell you.

Im a bit dubious about parking infield, but either way its going to be on show to the pikey public, whether its infield or outside.

Mk5 golf gti
woooo look what just came in the post

263825_10150723269335171_566360170_19852485_5335008_n.jpg

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Yes recieved mine today,just got to wait for the one`s to my parents house and the conformation from raoc for theirs too.

Is it worth getting infield parking yeah?

yeh i would, its like a reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly crap lemans

its usually only open to RS models too, but they let decent specs in, yours is tres decent so you'll be fine.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
my tickets came this mornig too!

Just found out my brother has a kayaking freestyle event on the saturday so i might only be able to come on the sunday :(

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Although with 5 catagories plus the f1 run and ragnotti doing his rounds,saturday qualifying will be as full as sundays racing.

Ph2 Clio 172
Tickets arrived. Got a wedding on the Saturday... If I do go on the Sunday the GF will be driving up as I nurse a hangover.

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Due to popular demand the collectors (infield) parking area has been moved out of the central village to a separate area away from the public.

Therefore only those really interested in the cars should be looking at them.

Map here:

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/MAP_WSR_SILVERSTONE_2011.pdf

Area is also hardstanding, not grass.

Hopefully as a result we will get a few more people signed up.

Registration forms are here:

http://www.renaultalpineownersclub.com/WSR_Silverstone_2011_Collectors.pdf

And don't forget the Gala Evening with Jean Ragnotti as special guest!

Megane GT
Can we still apply for the RAOC parking? ANd are people camping the night before or just heading down on the sunday?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Can we still apply for the RAOC parking?

Deadline was 5th August so I presume not.

ANd are people camping the night before or just heading down on the sunday?

There are normally loads of people who camp the night before. A fair few of us did it last year.

Hamiltons camp site is the one you need to be at which is a 10 minute walk away from Silverstone.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Can we still apply for the RAOC parking? ANd are people camping the night before or just heading down on the sunday?

Fill in the PDF & send it off to Steve & you can get infield parking - I think theres a select area for Clio I musics- Just behind the mobile portaloo's adjacent to the AA van & ambulance..... :clown:

Steve

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Not sure yet, hopefullly my VIP one will be winging its way via postage asap lol

S

Megane GT
Deadline was 5th August so I presume not.

There are normally loads of people who camp the night before. A fair few of us did it last year.

Hamiltons camp site is the one you need to be at which is a 10 minute walk away from Silverstone.

Thaaanks :) do you need to pre order tickets or can you pay upon entrance?

There are still spaces for parking and the gala on Saturday night so the deadline has been extended to Friday 12th August.

Please don't forget you must have a paddock pass to park infield, the general admission tickets won't get you in even if you are in a Renaultsport

Regards
Stephen

My cars not a renaultsport, is that ok? And so by buying a RAOC ticket that allows the parking in the paddock yeah? I have read the pdf :)

Fill in the PDF & send it off to Steve & you can get infield parking - I think theres a select area for Clio I musics- Just behind the mobile portaloo's adjacent to the AA van & ambulance..... :clown:

Steve

And YOU will get a slap next time I see you! There's nothing wrong with my car, it doesnt need an inflated ego to get noticed unlike someone! :p

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Your right, the dents, Marks & kerbed wheels take care of that....

S