ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worth it?

Clio 2.0 172
Ive got a 03 Plate Dynamique 1.6 16v.
Cost me £3500 with 50k on the Clock Full serv history etc.

Ive spent about £750 keeping it nice, new cat etc.
Now has 60k Miles and cars on Autotrader are still going for around £3500 Similar spec to mine.

Should i sell up and buy a Ph2 172 with about 60k for like £2800 (Theres alot of this car around this price)
Not Cup'd or anything.

Bear in mind im 18, just done my first year driving got 1year NCB, Went from £3500 a year insurance to my new quote of £1090 on my 1.6
About £1700 for the 2.0 which i can deal with, my wage is ok for a 18 year old seeing as i do C++ Programming and CAD.

What do people think?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
A 2.0L is more expensive to run every day dont forget, tax petrol servicing ect

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
older car so be ready for more problems - especially as its a renault!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
older car so be ready for more problems - especially as its a renault!

+1

However if you find one that has been cherished it should run sweet as a nut. When i bought my Phase 1 i got every receipt for her for all the work thats been done to her.

Only had to get the cambelt and coil pack done and shes been running great ever since.

Neglect can put the renaults on there arse so make sure its a nice example:rasp:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
wtf how did ur premium drop that much? im 19 with 1yncb and im paying 1k for a 1.2 :S and i searched for a week so got the best price

320d
Your car thing in your profile says supercharged?is that correct? havnt seen a supercharged 1.6 before.

And bloody hell 3.5K for a 1.6 clio at 17 :O bit ott.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
172s are cheap these days but a ph2 on 60k for £2800?! Maybe a ph1 perhaps..
Nope look on PH/Trader etc. going for dirt nowdays mate. I was gonna view a ph2 172 at weekend, 30k on clock FSH etc for 3700. bargain IMO