ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Would the following be a good choice? Thanks.

Fiesta ST
I've been looking around at some great pictures of clean cars on the forum(s) and thought I'd like to do a good job of mine (when the weather is better obviously though). :)

Would the following give a good clean/shine on my car?

Shampoo - Meguiars NXT Car Wash

Wash Mitt - x2 Sheepskin Wash Mitts from Serious Performance (One for the body work and another to use only for around the sills and arches).

Drying - Meguiars Water Magnet Towel

Wax - Collinite #915 Marque D'Elegance

Applicators - Meguiars Even coat microfibre applicators

I think that's everything. Please, any preferences, suggestions let me know! Or point me to a good thread. :)

Cheers!

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Jim, check out detailingworld.co.uk it might be of help to you.

There are tons of shampoo's around some of the ones I like the most are the Chemical guys ones such as Car wash n wax, Cirtus wash + gloss which is a really nice shampoo. there are lots of them, I have avout 8 or 9 different ones. :S

106 GTi
Not a fan of Megs NXT soap here either, quite strong - shifts grime well but not to friendly on waxes and sealants. There Hyper Wash and Shampoo Plus soaps from the detailer lines however are superb.

I also like Duragloss, 1Z Einzett Perls, CG Wash'n'wax and Sonax Gloss Shampoo - all worth a look IMO.

Fiesta ST
Wow a lot of helpful info. Nice one, better get reading up. Thomss, thanks for the link I'll have a read. In the meantime guys, if you don't mind ;) could you quickly do a "simple-ish" list like I did of your recommendations. I.E a shampoo, wax, etc which work well together?

:)

A slow one :-(
I'm currently using (all by hand)

Serious Performance Shampoo
Klasse AIO (polish)
Collinite 476s (Wax durable as fook, very impressed)

Then topping up every was with Duraglass Aquawax (wax as you dry)

In the summer I was using..
AG Shampoo (don't like it, much prefer the serious performance)
AG SRP (polish with fillers)
AG EGP (sealent)
P21S (Wax... my fave but not very durable)

Not sure what I'll use now I've got the pc... think I'm just going to use up all my Klasse and waxes.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
dont use meguirs water magnet, i found it inflicted a few swirls either chem guys waffle weave or sonus der wonder towel.

shampoo use chem guys extreme washnwax, new citrus supposed to be good, and as rich says sonax i got a bottle and used it a few times nicely lubed and drys easy.

wax, i use collinites 476 for winter and just got myself a tub of 50/50 but p21 is good aswell as XXX

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
oh yeah u need chem guys synthetic detailer best thing i got apart from frying towel

A slow one :-(
dont use meguirs water magnet, i found it inflicted a few swirls either chem guys waffle weave or sonus der wonder towel.

I used a sonus der wonder towel the other day for the first time. Best drying towl I've ever used.:approve:

Fiesta ST
Thanks! Just what I need to know... haha I feel like a car washing virgin after hearing all this info! :quiet:

How does this sound then, trying to take on all the comments:-

SHAMPOO - Sonax Gloss Shampoo
WASH MITT - Serious Performance Sheepskin (x2)
POLISH - Poorboys Polish (Blue) with Carnauba
SEALANT - Poorboys EX Sealant with Carnauba
WAX - Poorboys Natty's Paste Wax (Blue)
APPLICATORS - Meguiars Microfibre Applicators (x2)
DRYING - Sonus Der Wonder Towel

:approve:

Oh, where can I buy that Drying Towel from? I can't seem to find it on the two sites I was using (www.seriousperformance.co.uk and www.performancemotorcare.com)

Thanks!!

106 GTi
My personal list would be

SHAMPOO - Sonax Gloss Shampoo
WASH MITT - Serious Performance Sheepskin (x2)
POLISH - Autoglym Super Resin Polish
SEALANT - Jeffs Werstatt Acylic Jet Sealant http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pb214protect.html
WAX - P21s Concours Look Carnuba Wax (Blue)
APPLICATORS - Meguiars Foam Applicators (x2)
DRYING - Sonus Der Wonder Towel

No AG SRP as your sealant?

SRP or EGP?, I use the SRP as a polish and paint cleaner, the Jeffs Werkstatt Acylic Jet Sealant gives Extra Gloss Protection results but with the ease of use as a quick detail spray, wipe on and wipe of, no cure time of 30-60 min, no dust if put it on to thick.

It is also layerable with out needing to wait 12-24 hours. In the time it used to take to do one layer of EGP I can do 3 layesr of the Jeffs.

106 GTi
What does the sealant do?? sorry if thats dumb

D

Protects the paint from the elements and seals in the shine from the polishing stage.

Sealants are a man made blend of products which should last longer than a pure wax. They don't however provide a look as good a natural wax, hence why lot's of people use both.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
No AG SRP as your sealant?
Jeffs Werkstatt Acylic Jet Sealant gives Extra Gloss Protection results but with the ease of use as a quick detail spray, wipe on and wipe of, no cure time of 30-60 min, no dust if put it on to thick.

It is also layerable with out needing to wait 12-24 hours. In the time it used to take to do one layer of EGP I can do 3 layesr of the Jeffs.

Jeffs is based on the Klasse Sealant Glaze and Carlack Long Life Sealant. Really to get full protection you should leave it to cure, but then you have the protection over ease of use dilema.

I do now to apply Klasse/Carlack in the same way i.e wipe on a panel, as it starts to haze buff off. This makes the process very very easy with about 90% of the protection, so still lots!

Focus ST170 Carlack application

The Sonus Der Wunders and Sonus Ultimates are great towels and probably the hottest selling items.

For results time and again I still think it is hard to beat the classic Autopia steps to a perfect shine.

Klasse AIO/Carlack68 Systematic Care
Klasse Sealant Glaze/Carlack Long Life Sealant
topped with p21s

The wax doesn't last for ages but is a really nice well presented easy to use wax at it's price point. For me it adds that little extra over Nattys etc. but just lacks that bit of durability found in the premium waxes. But for looks it's on par.

For a very wet look, I still don't think you can beat Clearkote Vanilla Moose topped with Clearkote Carnauba Moose though.

I do think though if you spend your time on achieving the finish you will be more than happy with any of the suggestions posted above.

Cheers Tim

106 GTi
My SG has sat on the shelf since I got my Jeffs AGT, I would have liked to have got at least one coat of SG proper for those reasons, but left the winter prep a little late this year. The 6 coats of AGT that I got on before the 16 x2 and Zymol Titanium should see it through ok though!

Well worth a look Ralph, I have used a fair few sealants, and this is the first one that has really left me wanting recommend it to others. No danger of getting a coat of EGP of Klasse SG applied and then it starting to rain like normal before you have a chance to remove it!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178580

Thats exactly what happened to me when I used EGP, bloody weather, pretty much the reason I havent had a proper session since. I really want to use my ssr2.5 .

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Considering the batterys flat now and it's stuck in the garage it should be fine :clown: !

Yeah I saw your post on DW. :dapprove:

Let me know how you get on with that autobahn wheel wax when you get it. It's a tiny pot, but it's so far been fantastic for me.

106 GTi
Considering the batterys flat now and it's stuck in the garage it should be fine :clown: !

Yeah I saw your post on DW. :dapprove:

Let me know how you get on with that autobahn wheel wax when you get it. It's a tiny pot, but it's so far been fantastic for me.

Turned up this morning, and yes it really is Tiny! Main thing is to get the battery charger on though lol

Still not tried the Onyx yet, but will be in touch in the spring out some BOS though.