ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

FLOL! Might wear mine to...

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

Dave, what was the paint you used on your engine cam cover? The crackle effect stuff, did they do it other colours? (dark grey y0 ;) )

Easy stuff to use and get a good finish? :)

HBT 172 Cup

Link to T shirt? i want one :D

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Oli its VHT Wrinkle Finish paint, id reccomend putting between 4 to 6 coats on (thick) then baking it, mine started to wrinkle almost straight away, but it looks as though it could have done with a few more coats. has given quite a cool finish though :)

was very easy to apply, i think it reccomends spraying it in diagonal coats across the part and then baking. spraying it, then fitting it whilst it was tacky and starting the car cured mine in no time lol

They only do it in black or red mate, heres where i got mine from:

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8219&frostProductName=BLACK+Wrinkle+Finish+(310ml)

If you decide you want red give me a shout, have half a can im not using

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/v12tees/6700760 here you go mate, definately thinking about getting one!

STU LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE STARTED!!

f91a7e6eb7police.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Cheers mate. Hmmm the cam cover wouldn't be coming off for obvious reasons, so would need to be done on the engine; means baking couldn't really happen :(

May need to have a re-think on that one then, but really liked the effect on yours!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

it would in fact be easier mate, the effect of running the engine for half hour will suffice mate ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Possibly have to get a black can ordered then! :approve:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Had this delivered today..

937.jpg

Silenced de-cat, got it off clio_in_motion_2008 on here so thanks to him for getting it to me so quick!

Not sure if it is actually going to fit as it is from a ktec system, and is different to the current de-cat fitted.... any one got any ideas??

Me and chris (chrispyclio) tested my car with a Db meter from about 5 meters and it was 103db on drive by, somehow i dont think ill be going to bedford again, 88.5Db drive by!! No chance!

Did a vid the other day too of the car on approach and drive by too.... (filmed on private estate)

and a short speedo vid

Last edited by a moderator:
  Golf GTD Mk7
Didn't sound that load, nothing that shouldn't pass track regs anyway. Was that 0-60 about 5 secs?

Evo 5 RS

Managed 5.4 out of mine on the G-Tac, wouldn't be too hard to get 5 tbh

although that was 3/4 of a tank ;)

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172 ITB

dave any idea what sort of inlet temps you have at the moment? mine were 60-70 deg on the RR day :( kinda need to sort that i think!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Not sure of inlet temps, but there gonna be quite high, filter sits very close to rad. I'm thinking of buying a little bit of the zircotec heat shielding to fit between the filter and rad, although I think once moving it's irrelevant because of the amount of air flow. I'm borrowing an ecu dongle soon so I can check that out and also make sure that I'm reaching WOT when pedal is on the floor.

I'm sure if inlet temps were ever going to be a problem it would only be at low speed or on tick over tbh

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Cant wait to see how this goes at Donington!!

I just hope, for your sake, you leave the TroFail standing lol ;)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

its got nearly half the mileage of the trofail on it now dave!

ITB'd MK1

Cheers mate. Hmmm the cam cover wouldn't be coming off for obvious reasons, so would need to be done on the engine; means baking couldn't really happen :(

May need to have a re-think on that one then, but really liked the effect on yours!

When i did Daves with him, we painted it (and half my floor, sigh) pointed the fan heater at it, then went for chips. Came back and it had reacted, then when it'd been run on the car it darkened up nicely

Clio Sport 172 ITB

Main thing that made me say about inlet temps was coz of the RR at the weekend. Bloke said the inlet temps while the car was being roaded were high and I was getting a lot of heatsoak! Will have to look at that heatsheild idea then! After you have done it of course :p

ITB'd MK1

Main thing that made me say about inlet temps was coz of the RR at the weekend. Bloke said the inlet temps while the car was being roaded were high and I was getting a lot of heatsoak! Will have to look at that heatsheild idea then! After you have done it of course :p

I boshed a bit of cardboard on with some gaffatape to test effective placement. Made a fair improvement as i was getting a lot hotter air to 2 cylinders before, which was leading me into detonation for a short time, after sitting in traffic

Clio Sport 172 ITB

Where did you end up placing it Danny? :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
A bit of an update!

Went off to Donnington Park on Sunday and met quite a few of the CS lads there.

Was bit damp and slippery early on but soon dried out. When it was dry was great fun but I struggled all day with the brakes, the EBC Bluestuffs were awful again, and they have trashed the new discs AGAIN!!

As the weather warmed up getting quicker but brakes were too knackered to really fly round quickly.

Late in the Afternoon I had a bit of major problem, power steering pipe burst mid corner, and chucked fluid all over exhaust causing a s**t load of smoke. I binned the car in the grass and got recovered back to pits.
Eventually got to BTM where the car is now being sorted by Fred. Towed me to his from donny, and Tony followed and then ran me home. Great guys :)

I'll get some pics in here soon from the weekend

Lionel Richie
Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon obsession

what suspension is on it mate, i didnt bother looking LOL

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I'm doing RS day at bedford on 20th May if you're up for it!

Cro

Meg'd r27

Does PAS fluid strip paint like brake fluid does? Unfortunate dude

Lionel Richie

we passed ok at beford and we ran 112db at donnington LOL, we had to short shift all day though :(

Dynacup got on Bedford and that did 101db static, bang on the limit!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Tested it a few weeks ago and was 103 on drive by... Bedford is 87.5db I think...

Its only 84 on static lol

Golf GTD Mk7
Presumably most of that is zorst? It sucks they have lowered it. I'm not sure my setup would pass on that. It's geared more for standard cars now :(

Lionel Richie

f**k have they changed the limit? it was 101 static last year!

Lionel Richie

ah got ya!

just knock your limiter down to like 6K

or borrow that car from work you were on about with the disco lights, you can pretend everyone is a convict and chase after them, might make you quicker too ;)