ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

comparing the two graphs the torque curve on mine does look pretty good! Yours is sooo smooth, you can see the difference the cams make high up the rev range a lot

172 Race Car
Re: Dave.'s Trumpeted Engine Spec, Cammed Up Gunit, 2118'd Carbon Vagina Boob obsessi

Ours does drive amazingly well. But id expect nothing less considering who cal'd it. If only we could make it stay in the rollers.

Golf GTD Mk7
It does look much smoother torque wise. I wonder how much difference the rotating mass of aircon/power steering pump make

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
It does look much smoother torque wise. I wonder how much difference the rotating mass of aircon/power steering pump make

Matt reckons that its worth 5bhp, but it won't be happening, unless I do buy another run around and do track day trophy next year!

why do i have the exact same set up as you -cams but im still jealous haha cracking figures by the way!!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Had I have known the ITB's were this good, I'd have sacked off the cams. But glad there in now, it's just goes mad in last 3k :D

Golf GTD Mk7

Matt reckons that its worth 5bhp, but it won't be happening, unless I do buy another run around and do track day trophy next year!

5bhp gains is pretty good for that. Plus the engine will run more freely, so all good :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Really I didn't think you gain bhp but that's pretty good if I gain 5bhp

HBT 172 Cup

Im hacing mine rolling roaded on the 12th march, stock F4R with jenveys but run manual steering so its only running the alternator and water pump, will be good to comapre with Tonys graph.

ITB'd MK1

You can't moan for a throw in job! Wonder how much of that is the zolderbox compared with a setup like Dave's filter

Did a comparison with and without the airbox on Ronees mk1 (the first AT ITB'd car to run it) and it made 1bhp difference with it on of off

TrackCar & F30 330d

Im hacing mine rolling roaded on the 12th march, stock F4R with jenveys but run manual steering so its only running the alternator and water pump, will be good to comapre with Tonys graph.

That's interesting as my engine is standard with no pas or ac and I'm running jenveys. What RR is it going to be on? Mine produced 200.0bhp and 165ft/lb before I removed the ac and pas

HBT 172 Cup

Its a rolling road day in cornwall @ RK engineering, they have a Sun RAM 12 dyno. I think i will be lucky to hit 200bhp tbh.

Evo 5 RS

Did a comparison with and without the airbox on Ronees mk1 (the first AT ITB'd car to run it) and it made 1bhp difference with it on of off

The zolder65 box? impressive

I never had mine RR'd before the aircon was removed, would of been nice to see

ITB'd MK1

dont know if this image will work.....

pod1.jpg

Last edited:
  Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
A small update...

Picked these up today for a bargain price :D

4d59ad6d-f252-a6e4.jpg

Just got to get some r888's or something similar for them. Not bothered if the tyres are road legal, they will be just for track use.

Actually quite surprised how light they are

Evo 5 RS

nice find bud. OZ F1s are light they just buckle like Kurt Thomas on stilts in a traffic accident

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
These are all really straight, no major kerbing either. Was gonna paint them etc but will just leave them as they are and abuse them on track

right i have just sat and read all 27 pages and i must say after 30-40mins of reading i want your car, the figures are very imressive, bet this isnt a cheap project

182cup & 172 racecar

These are all really straight, no major kerbing either. Was gonna paint them etc but will just leave them as they are and abuse them on track

That what a lucky find.

BG 182

Met up with Dave yesterday to buy his inlets and airbox. Firstly, what a top bloke. Real nice guy who was more than willing to explain how to fit everything. Secondly, that car he owns - WTF!

Me and the missus waiting in the car park with windows open, every loud car that came near "is that him?" - no! This continued till we heard a noise only describable as 'p**n'. My missus was adamant it was not a car, and it was a motorbike. Nope, it was dave! Lol!

His car is clean from front to back. For 80,000 miles and under 2 years of ownership, I was shocked and beyond jealous. He then took us for a drive which made it even worse lol.

All in all, a top fella with a car to match - nice to meet you dave.

Golf GTD Mk7

so it made 210bhp with ITB and cams? Or am i not reading something right?

He's going somewhere with this surely ;)

r888s all the way Dave. Amazing tyres. Don't be put off if they don't have much left on them, they will grip until bald. Even in the wet they are better than PE2s from my experience. Just keep the heat and they're fine :approve:

He's going somewhere with this surely ;)

r888s all the way Dave. Amazing tyres. Don't be put off if they don't have much left on them, they will grip until bald. Even in the wet they are better than PE2s from my experience. Just keep the heat and they're fine :approve:

I'm running R1-Rs at the moment which I'm very impressed with, much better wet performance than an 888 with very decent dry grip.

172 Race Car

One of the Clios in Tintops ran them for the latter part of the season, was very quick on them

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

im after cheapies ;)

2007 MK3 Clio

Car is AWESOME!
WHERE did you get the carbon fibre to do your interior strips and that? Looks GREAT!

172 Race Car

ask Tony for our Dunlop rejects, binned several a few weeks back

major flatspotted tho,

Golf GTD Mk7

I'm running R1-Rs at the moment which I'm very impressed with, much better wet performance than an 888 with very decent dry grip.

Not tried them, but with the rate that r888s keep rising i'll be looking at other options in the future. What tyres is it the cup racers run? Not the slicks, but they michellins with a sort criss cross pattern.lol. (description fail)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Not tried them, but with the rate that r888s keep rising i'll be looking at other options in the future. What tyres is it the cup racers run? Not the slicks, but they michellins with a sort criss cross pattern.lol. (description fail)

I'm pretty impressed by my RS2's, less than half the price of 888's, not as much grip but certainly a lot more than a regular road tyre in both the wet and dry. Probably closer to a 888 level of grip than a road tyre, great compromise imo :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

ask Tony for our Dunlop rejects, binned several a few weeks back

major flatspotted tho,

I spoke to Tony earlier cheers jay, he said they are all shagged!

172 Race Car

yea thats what I said but u wanted cheap ;)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

hmm would they be usable? will the flatspots go with usage?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Dave I've sent you your videos of the Bwarrrrrrp

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

cheers chris, it sounds mad!

bwwwaaaap!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

That's interesting as my engine is standard with no pas or ac and I'm running jenveys. What RR is it going to be on? Mine produced 200.0bhp and 165ft/lb before I removed the ac and pas

mine is also jenvey's, but running pas and not ac...

so it made 210bhp with ITB and cams? Or am i not reading something right?

this seems the average i would say for itb's and cam's, i hope to push mine nearer 220 with the new exhaust

Evo 5 RS

210 is definitely about right, if you account a possible 6hp loss from my gammy exhaust valves and cylinder wall lol :(

although it made 210 on Combe rollers.... :rasp:

lol

Last edited: