ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrong springs fitted

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
Hi

I bought a set of lowering springs off ebay (apex) but when they arrived i noticed they were for a 05- clio whereas mine is an 03, I didn't think they would be much difference so I got the garage to fit them, they are ok but haved raised my car by about 10-20mm and they are rubbing off something every pothole/speedhump i go over. would it be ok to continue driving like this until I can afford the correct springs

Does anyone want to swap mk3 40mm springs for mk2ph2 springs

DazJ

Probably isn't a good idea to continue driving it with the incorrect springs fitted, just incase. You should get your original ones put back on, and maybe sell those and then get some new ones.

Obviously something wrong if they are rubbing.

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
hmm, just the only reason why i wanted it lowered was because my 2 front springs had snapped

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
the cars been raised?! if theyre for a mk2 then they should fit no worries, and lower the car, they did make mk2s past 05, (ph3 & ph4)

if theyre for a mk3 then id be worried,

either way theyre either the wrong springs, or theyve not been fitted properly, i would try to avoid driving in any case, can you not jack the car up and have a look??

a black one
the cars been raised?! if theyre for a mk2 then they should fit no worries, and lower the car, they did make mk2s past 05, (ph3 & ph4)

if theyre for a mk3 then id be worried,

either way theyre either the wrong springs, or theyve not been fitted properly, i would try to avoid driving in any case, can you not jack the car up and have a look??

I've got standard 182 springs if you want to make me an offer, pm me?

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
back street garage, I would sell them for £60 but I would need to put new ones on and I can't afford new ones until I sell the old ones so it's a bit complicated