ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrote my clio off this morning :<

Clio DCi 65
on way 2 my mates to pik him up to for a day out (his 18th)

skit out on a corner and flipd her.

luckily no1 was in as roof crushed in a bit passenger side,

luckily i came out with just sum stitches on my middle fingers,

Clio DCi 65
not too sure to be honest,

thinkin about 40ish wen i hit the corner bt road was slipppy!

Dont think i wood of crashed if i was in my new clio as brakes better n handles alot better,

Yaris Hybrid
Hmm yeah how fast??? Reminds me of an accident that occured near me at the weekend. 2.50am Saturday morning, 3 lads in a 306 collided with a wall and all were killed. Weird thing was the road is wide, smooth, straight and in a 30 zone....

Clio DCi 65
yeh my injuries wernt to bad,

no whiplash or nething,

the nurse naerly fainted whilst the doctor was pulling the glass out,

ive taken it at 40 with ease plenty of times in my blue clio,

Just aint really used to drivin it much so hmmmm

Clio DCi 65
its was a 60 so i wasnt speeding,

Just didnt really appreciate the road conditions/handling of the car!

Im v lucky no1 was with me coz of the way the room collided,

I duno what id do if sum1 had to have stitches coz of me, let alone die

BMW 328 Ci
Hmm yeah how fast??? Reminds me of an accident that occured near me at the weekend. 2.50am Saturday morning, 3 lads in a 306 collided with a wall and all were killed. Weird thing was the road is wide, smooth, straight and in a 30 zone....

Its wierd the way accidents happen though. I drove for years on fast twisty A roads to Brighton and Burgess Hill for years without so much as a "scare", but 6 months ago I rolled my BMW in the wet, on a 30 mph corner that I have driven 100s of times before in my town East Grinstead, just took my eye off the ball doing about 35, too much right foot, back kicked out clipped a bank and over she went. I read in the local paper "someone will be killed" after residents of that corner have complained as there has been 7 write offs there in the last 3 months, mostly single car ones too. But police say they will do nothing as only injuries count towards "points" for an area. No injuries in mine, just felt s**t I could have hurt my friends.

One thing though, is that CLIO written across the bonnet of your car? If so my perception of you will change lol.

I've got a mate that wrote off a new VW Passat earlier on in the year. He told me he was doing nigh on twice that when he lost it on a fairly straight bit of road in dampt conditions. Rolled it 4 times into a field but walked away. He told his mrs he was only doing 40.

Makes you think though. Hope your finger gets better.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

that would be the one in downend then....i was wondering how they did that..

i thinks thats now 3 flips this month alone........luckily all have been ok

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
yeah it still gets me how people roll too.... ive only seen em roll when theyve clipped a curb/post at superduper high speed..

just turning on ice at 30?! there would be cars flipping everywhere.

Gutted. And you'd just spent all that money on mods too;)

Audi TT 225
Unlucky son glad your ok.

First thing I did to my clio was lower it, way to bouncy and so much body roll through the twisties.
I can see how easy it would be to roll a clio Ive had a few lairy moments but that was a wee bit faster than 40 ;)
I put a puma sideways at about 40-50 so its easily done. The wrong combination of moves + conditions can get ya unawares...

Clio DCi 65
i cant realy remember the speed accurately,

my uncles college rote his car off there while back aswell,

I just remember hitin the bank, flippin, droppin outa my seatbelt and crawling out,

as soon i got out called dad to come n my mate i was spozed to pik up,

then stopped cars from comin and they called ambulance/police!

rents wont let me go out 2ni coz they think im guna get shock!!!

i didnt last time but i dnt wanna b in the house all night flaffing around!

Clio DCi 65

Gutted. And you'd just spent all that money on mods too;)

Noooo! i spent money on mods for my clio mk ph2 that is at the garage,

this was just my old n reg car that is used wen my bro comes home from uni or if mine in garage,

LUCKILY anyway

TT 225
Unlucky about the car but at least you're okay.

A MK1 clio I used to have rolled after hitting a kerb at under 10mph - i sh!t you not. Ask paddymph on here he was driving it!

mk5 Astra SRI

Thats happened 100yrds up the road from where I work. Apparently the police have worked out they were doing ~70mph when they clipped the kerb. I think theres a lesson to be learnt there.

Motorbikes
Reminds me of when I wrote off my Clio (in my pre CS days) after a month of ownership. Suprising how you forget what speed you're doing, I didnt think I was going that fast but must have been a good 50-60mph when I hit the kerb.

Live and learn, and glad your ok.

But I didn't roll it!! ;)

Nearly hit a lamp post though... by inches, if that :s

Yaris Hybrid

Thats happened 100yrds up the road from where I work. Apparently the police have worked out they were doing ~70mph when they clipped the kerb. I think theres a lesson to be learnt there.

Do you work at the Shell Garage or the Willy Wicket pub?

I'd say they must have been doing well over 100mph or the driver was so smashed on drink and drugs that he didn't brake! I have seen my mate spin his MR2 in the wet at about 40 and it didn't even hit the curb on the outside of the roundabout. To skid that distance and hit a wall so hard as to kill all three occupants they must have been near the cars absolute top speed in a 30 zone!

Still thats what happens if you put 3 dumb ass 17 year old lads in a car! Of course this will now result in a speed camera being installed and decent motorists getting nicked for doing 34mph when that had nothing to do with the deaths.

main thing is u have ur life sun now be prepared for the flash backs

as for flipping the car ??? at 40 hmmm ur not a fat bloke are u