ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote off my 1 week old williams

last night i wrote of my 1 week old williams

i went into a roundabout heard a clunk from underneath the car and it wouldnt steer or brake it just plughed through a bollard a road sign and in to a tree. the chassis is totally bent but the engine and all the interior is okay if anybody wants any of it just post it on here

unlucky mate! Did you buy it from a garage? car wouldnt steer or brake, sounds dodgy mate-if you got it from a garage i would be paying them a visit if i were you.

Bloody hell! Are you ok? Sounds quite dangerouse, I suppose your lucky you were going round a round about cos you wouldnt have been going to fast ( I hope).

Did you get the car checked out before you bought it? ie with the AA or anything?

Hope your ok

Paul

:eek:mailto:Cr@P">Cr@P news - sounds like your ok - dont know what could go to cause that - Hope you were Fully Comp insurance.

courseiave, my absolute deepest condolences mate...I am sooooo sorry for you.

Wait until you get a report before seling the parts :(.

Hope you were f/c insured

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Thats really bad and defo sounds like something went wrong with the car.

Hopefully it was from a dealer with some kind of warranty rather than a private sale. Luckily you wrent hurt but could have been far worse.

If you have got any kind of warranty and come back against the seller I would get it looked into what went wrong as surely a dealer cant sell a car in un roadworthy condition. Was a PDI done etc ???

Unless something just broke but that would have been very unlucky. Did you get it inspected before buying?

Really sorry to hear that. Suppose it makes Willys that bit more exclusive now :(. Are you going to get another one when you get the insurance money?

Rhys

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Oh my word !! My condolences mate !! Hope you are ok !!

Another one bites the dust !! That dont leave too many now then !!

That sounds nasty glad to hear all occupants are ok, surely you must have some come back sounds like a catastrophic mechanical failure!

There pretty cars and its a damn shame there is now 1 less

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8

Very sorry to hear mate.....Ive just blown up my 16v today 2!

How much would u want for that engine again for a quick cash sale?????

Thanx

Si

i bought it private sale and only had 3rd party insurance because i just topped up my old policy.

absolutely nothin i can do.

im gettin a cheap car to run around in until i save up for somethin else dunno what really.

im picking my new car up on friday and its a metro turbo. nice one.

and no its not a 6r4

mk2 172

oh my god! de ja vu or what,

im gonna check the dates.................

about this time last year i bought my williams, then smashed it up a week later, i was only third party fire and theft. ended up costing around 4k to fix, when originally believed to be 2k. was worst time of my life cos i was skint for months and months and depressed cos id just spent my life savings on me house a couple of weeks earlier.

genuinely gutted for you mate

mk2 172

collected 1st march

2nd march new brakes completely (oops i had a bald tyre :( )

8th march had doors repsrayed at extortionate cost of 250 quid

8th march 5 hours later i had a mad crash in the wet sliding for a long time at speed on a baldy tyre wrecking a few things:(

Zafira and GSXR

Quote: Originally posted by courseiave on 22 February 2003

last night i wrote of my 1 week old williams

i went into a roundabout heard a clunk from underneath the car and it wouldnt steer or brake it just plughed through a bollard a road sign and in to a tree. the chassis is totally bent but the engine and all the interior is okay if anybody wants any of it just post it on here

Were did it happen, my mate seen a Williams last night all smashed up on a roundabout in Titchfield, Fareham.

Willy2

Did u have the standard wheels, im interested i n them and poss interior. If you sell the salvageable parts you will make some of your cash back. From what you said it sounds like u are lucky to be ok. Mail me as soon as you know what you are going to sell at mailto:rajeshkripalani@hotmail.com">rajeshkripalani@hotmail.com or PM me

Raj

loadsa people want bits and pieces from my old williams but i really wanna sell the whole lot in one go.

its was only third party insured so it wont be on the total loss register or anythin like that if an hpi check is done so it could all be repaired but i just dont have the money.

Here is a list of what survived.

full interior front and rear seats absolutely mint with blue seat belts.

boot lid

boot spoiler

rear bumper

all badges

complete dasboard except for windscreen wiper control. that means all the blue dials the williams plaque the steering wheel etc is all complete.

the engine still starts first time every time and has a touch over 78000 on the clock

opening rear quater light windows

its definitely worth a look at if youve got a 16v already and wanna have all the williams touches. even the parcel shelf with the suit storage!

or even if you wanna repair it. theres quite a bit of front end damage and the chassis is bent.

if anyones interested in taking the whole lot. just post your offers ont this thread

Wait till you get an offer your happy with then i will make you a better offer assuming that they are genuine offers email me when you have a figure for the lot then i will give you my offer as i cant be bothered with bartering.

mailto:scribbler@totalise.co.uk">scribbler@totalise.co.uk