ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

www.fastchip.nl - RSTuner Review

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
^^ Its not so much about the BHP gains your getting as these will be marginal, and as Henk correctly stats will depend on the car in question.

What you will get is a much smoother power delivery, and utlise any mods which you have, such as the inlet, decat, system etc.

As I said the BB 182 had these mods on there already and there was a perfomance gain but this could only be put down to all of the above mods and the ECU.

For £100 this is well worth adding to the mods which you may have already done, but as said previously if you want the very best you will need to have a live map done, as this is a universal map not a dedicated one for you car/engine.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
My ph1 has a remap, the 5k jump has disappered and its been replaced with a smoother power delievery and extra low down torque.

There is a slight kick at 4.5k and another at 5.8k

Car just feels more driveable. Not sure if its worth it for the cash.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
i understand the above, but im trying to justify spending 100 pounds on a product that doesnt acutally benefit me in anyway other than "riasing rev limit" which i dont need and "smoothers power delivery". I find the power kick at 5k a good place for it to be...saves me petrol on my mornings to work....

Im not saying this is a bad thing, but 100£ on somethnig that doesnt actually benefit myself or the car in anyway, in terms of power.torque seems rather pointless?

Clio16VT
funny to read all the comments. I know Henk for many years and when its depending renault ecu's there's no better person to speak with. Last friday he mapped my 21 again with better results then most stand alone managments. The guy's in this topic that give a load off negative comments are traders, no more, no less. If you are so sure that it is crap and you can deliver that same crap for 80 quid...why dont you do it ????

Why didnt you give Henk you're opinion at FCS ? He was there with us to introduce the turbo conversion.

with best regards,

Jo,

Renault club Belgium

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I find it very hard to understand how the tuners in the UK justify upto £300 for a remap when it can be done for nearly a 1/3 of the price. Maybe they could come on here an explain.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Why are you guys not piling around to Dans and using his file? Slip him £20 et voila.

VaVa
I believe once you've used it for the first time it will be locked to the car. Most likely there's a way round it mind.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
The software either gets your VIN from the ECU or you need to enter it in before you can use it. Ive not tired it on another car but I wouldnt have thought it would work!

I so want this turbo conversion:

http://www.mbcarperformance.nl/catalog/index.php?cPath=680_927_1359_1360

Henk did the mapping for this also ;)

got a mail from maurice from mb today - he rekons about £2500 for turbo conversion. sodding tempted! Final testing soon - keep an eye on the web site for final results and prices

Clio16VT
The software either gets your VIN from the ECU or you need to enter it in before you can use it. Ive not tired it on another car but I wouldnt have thought it would work!

incorrect, Henk and Maurice (MBCP) worked this out togheter. Henk did all the electronics on the car and was with this car at FCS. If you want i can send flyers to promote the turbo conversion. Maurice and henk are veru good friends ;)

And also a good comment was: how is it possible that they ask 300 quid in the UK ? Matey, if i see the prices from Ktec , BBperformance and others...thats make me sick!

example: for the 21T's you pay between 200 and 300 £ for a chip that produce 225 bhp (175 std car). Henk do a remap on the dyno for less !!!!! My 21 runs 283 bhp on the wheels, 325 bhp flywheel, 345 lbft @ 1.25 bar boost (17 psi).

By the end off this month 3 UK cars are comming over just for a RR map with Henk. On off the owners is also a member here. He can confirm what i just said.

@Jesske: hallo daar ! :)

ps: sorry for my bad use off the language, i'm not that good at it.

Clio16VT
pics from FCS 2007

075.jpg

Clio16VT

got a mail from maurice from mb today - he rekons about £2500 for turbo conversion. sodding tempted! Final testing soon - keep an eye on the web site for final results and prices

that car is running like hell ! And reliable ! At 2500 rpm you get what a clio does at 5500/6000 rpm and it holding that power without any loses.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
I am one of the people going over at the end of the month with my 21Turbo Quadra track toy for Henk to map. He is very very good at what he does and very helpful into the bargain also.

That clio is truely awesome for what it is, fair play to him for achieving what he has.

Jo.....dont forget your video clips of Henk in action doing what he does best!!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=XHY93p2XuOo
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=3QAi014NeEA

I'll be happy to report how my car gets on after its been FastChipped, ok its not a Clio but it will further prove what Henk is capable of!! I do have a Clio 172 also so will be investing in one of these GrpN maps once its on the road!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have that flyer Jo, came with my RSTuner kit. Sorry I thought Henk mapped the turbo himself.

Whatever the case, it looks like a monster and for 2.5k thats alot of bang per buck.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I think he means for the RSTuner kit Jo, not the turbo kit.

Marco, I dont think anyone has an RR graph done yet. I have the kit fitted but I wont be going to an RR for a few months yet.

Clio 172, 2001
Sorry, that was a bit ambiguous, I was meaning the DIY map mod.

Looking forward to seeing your results in a few months then! Cheers.

MG ZS180 Mk2
I emailed them to ask about the 197 and got this:

Hi Gary,

RSTuner will support the 197 with our CAN VCI.
Can't give you a release date yet.

Best regards,
Henk Dijkstra

Sounds promising

Clio 172
Like someone else said above. Without before and after RR, we will never know how good this kit is.

You spend your money on the kit, so why not spend the money to confirm it works?

Prove to everyone how good good this kit is.

VaVa
Personally I value my own senses and the results on my private test track as a far better indication of gains.

For example a car on a rolling road with an open filter will most likely show a gain. On the road, bonnet down sucking in hot air and it loses you power.

I value a road test over any RR prinout telling me I've gained 3.7 bhp @ 6700 rpm. lol.

'03 172 Iceberg S
LeeJSA can you clear out your inbox and PM me please.
I can't contact you coz its full at the moment.
[Apologies this is irrelevant to this thread]