ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

X and Y reg 172 drivers

Monblue bombay badboy!
Hi brought mine a week ago with 64k steering wheel abit worse for wear but gear stick and seats are mint!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
47k seats fine
gear knov fine
steering wheel replaced with a lower spec plastic one as it fell apart

Ph1 172
just turned 66k the seats are pretty much as new apart from a few cracks in the leather. The gearknobs got a few scratches but overall not bad and the steering wheel is in very good condition i am wondering if its been replaced at some stage or its a sign that it hasnt been abused!!!

Ph1
Y 2001. One owner from new (me) coming up for 92k on the clock.

Gear knob mint
Steering wheel is pretty mint apart from me getting a temper on and shoving the dash top in over it and gouging a few lines in it.
Seats mint apart from some of the blue leather colour wearing off the lower drivers bolster due to trackie bottom zips.
Door grab handles mint but have been resprayed although i bought some nearly new replacments with factory plastic coating on which im gonna fit when i have time.

insidea172001.jpg

insidea172005.jpg

insidea172004.jpg

insidea172003.jpg

I went to look at two mk1 vee's today, one on 22k (52 reg) & the other on 14k (02 reg)both of the steering wheels were f*cked:(
These wheels must be made of a poor quality, I also worked out that it's best if your buying a car from an owner who doesn't wear any rings !

Camel
I sold mine in December an X reg 75k leather minted gear knob scratched steering wheel fucked but I had a momo one onwhich I kept when i sold the car

Scirocco GT 210
I went to look at two mk1 vee's today, one on 22k (52 reg) & the other on 14k (02 reg)both of the steering wheels were f*cked:(
These wheels must be made of a poor quality, I also worked out that it's best if your buying a car from an owner who doesn't wear any rings !

Yeah the steering wheel quality is absolutely dreadful. I don't wear any rings and it's still in poor condition. Although it's not as bad as Andyman's wheel.

?
Mines not a 172, but clio grande Y reg, one of the last made.

its done 80k, and the interior is absolutely perfect, the wheel has only the slightest of wear at the bottom, you wouldnt notice it unless you were looking for it, and the gearknob is like new.

Mini Cooper S sport
Well the writing's already worn off my gearknob on my 182! Also the side of driver's seat has worn slightly and is a bit scratched. Bloody French crap!