ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok I just checked all of my accounts and nothing has been taken / nothing is pending. Slightly worried now!

133T
Do you guys think there’ll be new controllers out for Christmas? There doesn’t seem to be any decent wireless ones available now. The cyberpunk one seems to be sold out everywhere for example. There’s not much to choose from as far as I can see at the mo.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Do you guys think there’ll be new controllers out for Christmas? There doesn’t seem to be any decent wireless ones available now. The cyberpunk one seems to be sold out everywhere for example. There’s not much to choose from as far as I can see at the mo.

Knowing Xbox they’ll release something - they always do lol.

Thought about the Elite Series II? Thats what I’m getting with the Series X launch to replace my Original Elite :)

133T
Knowing Xbox they’ll release something - they always do lol.

Thought about the Elite Series II? Thats what I’m getting with the Series X launch to replace my Original Elite :)
Hope so 👍🏼 Quite expensive DeeKay, those Elite ones eh. It’s for my 7 year old.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hope so 👍🏼 Quite expensive DeeKay, those Elite ones eh. It’s for my 7 year old.

Ahhh Ok !! In that case, you could do what I did and get your 7 year old to design his/her own controller and Xbox will make it custom for you with their name on it. Costs up to £80ish depending on the options you pick but they make great gifts and my nephew loves his.

Seems they’ve closed the design lab till 2021 - I guess they’re updating the controller to the newer designs etc. Worth keeping in mind,

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The Design lab controllers are awesome. I made one up a couple of years ago (The rubberised rear grips are essential imo) and to this day it still looks fudging awesome.

Dunno if I'd go for an Elite 2 tbh. Doesn't look like they learned from the OG Elite's reliability issues. One old dude I used to play Sea of Thieves with has had 4 of the new ones. 3 were various different buttons were dead of arrival.

For some reason, the Design labs ones don't suffer these problems.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Also, launch day is still a week away. Most online retailers wont take payment until dispatch (Amazon do this for example).

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I have an Elite 1, but I don't use any of the add on bits.. just really love the heft of it, and the rubberised grip, Might make a design lab controller once they come back in 2021 though

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Definitely a +1 for the Elite 2 controller, had it for a few months and as @Cookie says, the heft is nice!
Also nice touches like USB-C which the bundled controllers haven't had.

clio 16v
Ok I just checked all of my accounts and nothing has been taken / nothing is pending. Slightly worried now!

Just to let you know I contacted Microsoft again today - finally managed to get an agent who sounded like they knew what they were talking about. I was advised that the transaction yesterday was just a pre-authorisation and that there are no issues with my order with this having been declined. They will be putting through the actual charges to cards on 8th or 9th and if it fails you'll be notified by email and given the option to update payment details.

Honda. Tesla Someday
The Design lab controllers are awesome. I made one up a couple of years ago (The rubberised rear grips are essential imo) and to this day it still looks fudging awesome.

Dunno if I'd go for an Elite 2 tbh. Doesn't look like they learned from the OG Elite's reliability issues. One old dude I used to play Sea of Thieves with has had 4 of the new ones. 3 were various different buttons were dead of arrival.

For some reason, the Design labs ones don't suffer these problems.

Ah yes I have heard about the issues - even with the first Elite. I have had my original Elite since the day it came out and its still going strong - and I play a lot!! lol

Fingers crossed I have the same luck with the Series 2 - I also believe Microsoft extended the warranty to 2 years?

I have an Elite 1, but I don't use any of the add on bits.. just really love the heft of it, and the rubberised grip, Might make a design lab controller once they come back in 2021 though

Ahhhhh duuude you need to use the back paddles!! They are game changing (pun intended lol). I can't play with standard controllers any more; the rear paddles are just incredible once you get used to them. Give it a shot :)

Just to let you know I contacted Microsoft again today - finally managed to get an agent who sounded like they knew what they were talking about. I was advised that the transaction yesterday was just a pre-authorisation and that there are no issues with my order with this having been declined. They will be putting through the actual charges to cards on 8th or 9th and if it fails you'll be notified by email and given the option to update payment details.

Thank you for this, I feel a little better now lol. Glad you got to the bottom of it!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Seeing as this is an Xbox thread, I am assuming there are a good few Halo fans here too..

I made a video (Unboxing the Halo Infinite Master Chief) - it's my first time on camera. My wife assured me that I am beautiful so fingers crossed my face doesn't offend people LOL!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I made a video (Unboxing the Halo Infinite Master Chief) - it's my first time on camera. My wife assured me that I am beautiful so fingers crossed my face doesn't offend people LOL!
I am offended. Where is that report button? :ROFLMAO:

Halo is good, though none lately have been as good as Halo 3.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Some available now...

Be quick, even though I know you'll miss it again 😂

You legend, thanks!
D952E82E-BDF1-44DB-877E-0114245D9619.jpeg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I tried to get one but the MS website comes up as "Gaming" on work PCs and therefore blocked, so will no doubt miss out.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I am offended. Where is that report button? :ROFLMAO:

Halo is good, though none lately have been as good as Halo 3.

LOL oh no!! 😂 - probably one of the scariest things I’ve done lol!

Halo 3 was brilliant, I’ll give you that!! I did still enjoy Halo 4. Halo 5 not as much!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
LOL oh no!! 😂 - probably one of the scariest things I’ve done lol!

Halo 3 was brilliant, I’ll give you that!! I did still enjoy Halo 4. Halo 5 not as much!

Halo 4 was brilliant playing through the campaign on 4 player co-op!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I actually loved Halo 5 (for the multiplayer) the others feel so clunky and slow after getting used to it. Pure nostalgia for me would be Halo 1 and 2 though I'd love to revisit the campaign on those at some point.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I actually loved Halo 5 (for the multiplayer) the others feel so clunky and slow after getting used to it. Pure nostalgia for me would be Halo 1 and 2 though I'd love to revisit the campaign on those at some point.

Ah good point - Halo 5 multiplayer was amazing imo!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I still don't know which game(s) to buy at launch.. tempted by the next AC as I loved Odyssey (and need to finish the story one day)