ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
(On the PS5 you have to open the console, remove the M.2 SSD and replace it entirely).

I checked this as I thought I'd read different.
The PS5 comes with two slots. One is obviously in use, the second is for the expandable memory.
Granted you have to open the console but from what I've read, you don't need to replace the hard drive that comes with it.

"
The PS5 houses an 825 GB custom NVMe SSD that delivers unreal performance. It also has an expandable storage option, but there’s a catch. There is no first-party proprietary option announced by Sony for the same. There is an additional NVMe slot available for the users, but it’ll use third-party drives which will be much slower. Additionally, these third-party drives must fit into the PS5’s expansion slots.

According to VG24/7, Sony’s lead system architect, Mark Cerny said that Sony would reveal the PS5 compatible drives and their speeds later down the line. This definitely reassures the PlayStation fans a little, but there is absolutely no information regarding the availability of these drives. Also taking into account the Xbox Series S’ $299 price point, it gives an early edge to Microsoft. This is because fans can just by the cheaper console and expand their storage later."

Honda. Tesla Someday
I checked this as I thought I'd read different.
The PS5 comes with two slots. One is obviously in use, the second is for the expandable memory.
Granted you have to open the console but from what I've read, you don't need to replace the hard drive that comes with it.

"
The PS5 houses an 825 GB custom NVMe SSD that delivers unreal performance. It also has an expandable storage option, but there’s a catch. There is no first-party proprietary option announced by Sony for the same. There is an additional NVMe slot available for the users, but it’ll use third-party drives which will be much slower. Additionally, these third-party drives must fit into the PS5’s expansion slots.

According to VG24/7, Sony’s lead system architect, Mark Cerny said that Sony would reveal the PS5 compatible drives and their speeds later down the line. This definitely reassures the PlayStation fans a little, but there is absolutely no information regarding the availability of these drives. Also taking into account the Xbox Series S’ $299 price point, it gives an early edge to Microsoft. This is because fans can just by the cheaper console and expand their storage later."

Seems I missed that!! Man that isn’t widely known, even looking at a good few websites none mentioned this.

I finally found the info from an article back in March.

Good to know and thank you for the correction :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
Looks like we are already about to see the fruits of Microsoft purchasing Bethesda...

DOOM ETERNAL is coming to GamePass on October 1st!!!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Smyths have now sent emails out saying the order still stands.
But I need to go on and tell them they I still want it

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
6E3F3C01-FDB5-4FB9-B9DC-6969F8E08A90.jpeg

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Right. I’ve ‘re preordered’ 😂

They’ve offered a £20 gift card too. Which is fairly decent of them.
Think they’ve handled this c**k up pretty well tbh

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Will game saves move over to the series x?

i had gta v on the 360 but never got it on the one because the save didn’t transfer. Resulting in me not playing it for 6 years now. But I’ve just bought it again in the current rockstar sale, it said the game is series x compatible, but hope the save will transfer too.

Also, will sky go have an app at launch has anyone heard?

Honda. Tesla Someday

i had gta v on the 360 but never got it on the one because the save didn’t transfer. Resulting in me not playing it for 6 years now. But I’ve just bought it again in the current rockstar sale, it said the game is series x compatible, but hope the save will transfer too.

I had the same issue with GTAV not moving game saves over - and I also just bought it on the One last night LOL!! Third time I have bought this game (PC, 360 and now Xbox One X).
The save not transferring wasn’t down to Microsoft, it was a Rockstar decision.

Speaking of Series X now, YES - game saves for games you have one Xbox One etc will transfer over and work on Series X|S.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Right. I’ve ‘re preordered’ 😂

They’ve offered a £20 gift card too. Which is fairly decent of them.
Think they’ve handled this c**k up pretty well tbh

I hope game do something similar. I emailed them yesterday and they were looking into it. But I'm not holding my breath.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

I find it utterly crazy that gta v will be out on the ps5, ps4 and launched on the ps3

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yeah I watched the Digital Foundry look at BC on Series X and its damn impressive! Especially as the games automatically just perform and look so much better. Plus the developers can revisit games and patch them for Series X specifically, basically adding polish to your current library of games.

Amazing.

Here is the video in case anyone is interested:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Everyone is reviewing the same games, which is interesting. I want to know how GTA V performs, my day one one is slowwww.

Also Forza 7 comes to Game Pass next week (Oct 7th), pretty exciting news, obviously ready for the XSX. It's the only Forza I haven't purchased (except H4 but I play that on GP).

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Everyone is reviewing the same games, which is interesting. I want to know how GTA V performs, my day one one is slowwww.

Also Forza 7 comes to Game Pass next week (Oct 7th), pretty exciting news, obviously ready for the XSX. It's the only Forza I haven't purchased (except H4 but I play that on GP).

Crazy it's been out 3 years now surprised it's not already on game pass tbf. I Ihink they are limited to what games they are allowed to review currently as Microsoft are restricting it apparently.

Going from day one Xbox one to this has got to be a huge improvement. Honestly I'm not all that fussed about an extra 30 seconds on a load time I want to see if there's any noticeable difference in actual gameplay. Games will definitely be patched like they were for the One X when that came out. It really is a shame that there's not really any new games on release that excite me though tbh.

Honda. Tesla Someday
The embargo’s will be lifted in time. Let’s just be grateful that actual reviewers outside of Microsoft have their hands on actual Series X units. Remember, it is the ONLY next generation system that has been given out to reviewers and the media at this point, and the only system that we are constantly being given more and more information about.

The way the Series X performs with current gen / previous gen titles so far is outstanding - especially the resolution bumps and some games even supporting 2x frame rates. It’ll only get better and betteras we approach the official release :)

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Lol ffs again. Though game emailed me apologising. Saying hopefully I can't get one asap. Not holding my breath 🤣

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
@Davyy @Craig

Sign up for the stock notifications with Currys, it seems they did actually inform most people that stock was coming in.

Also these 2 threads on AVF are useful to keep an eye on, you'll have to sift through the 'OMG Argos took my money' posts though 😂

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Super hyped for cyberpunk in raw 4k shiz! Looks insane!

Honda. Tesla Someday
  Honda. Tesla Someday
I, and others in the world of “tech”, are astonished by this non story. I can not believe the general media is surprised that a machine capable of 12.1TF blows out warm air. Thats right, WARM. The GPU has only been running at 45c under load - for those of you who know about PC hardware, you would agree that 45c is NOTHING lol! Most PC GPU’s run at around 35-45c on idle depending on your set up, and then go all the way to 70-90c under load if your set up isn’t great for cooling. 45c is a non issue and the only reason this has become a “story” is because A: Media journalists don’t know wtf they are talking about, and B: Certain fanboys of a competing console have been pushing a narrative (as usual) like a smear campaign against superior hardware.

Mind blowing!

Edit: Also, the fact that the Series X blows out warm air just proves that the damn cooling system works lol!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I, and others in the world of “tech”, are astonished by this non story. I can not believe the general media is surprised that a machine capable of 12.1TF blows out warm air. Thats right, WARM. The GPU has only been running at 45c under load - for those of you who know about PC hardware, you would agree that 45c is NOTHING lol! Most PC GPU’s run at around 35-45c on idle depending on your set up, and then go all the way to 70-90c under load if your set up isn’t great for cooling. 45c is a non issue and the only reason this has become a “story” is because A: Media journalists don’t know wtf they are talking about, and B: Certain fanboys of a competing console have been pushing a narrative (as usual) like a smear campaign against superior hardware.

Mind blowing!

Edit: Also, the fact that the Series X blows out warm air just proves that the damn cooling system works lol!
Probably doing little else other than scaremongering.

Hoping that vast swathes of parents out there are switching to the Sony camp for Christmas because they are worried that their brood will be playing with something that could scald them. Or worse, EXPLODE due to the heat.... 🤣

Honda. Tesla Someday
Probably doing little else other than scaremongering.

Hoping that vast swathes of parents out there are switching to the Sony camp for Christmas because they are worried that their brood will be playing with something that could scald them. Or worse, EXPLODE due to the heat.... 🤣

Such a load of bs! Eurgh

Honda. Tesla Someday
BIG BIG BIG NEWS today!

It is FINALLY official, the rumours were true!

The Xbox Series X and Series S consoles are the ONLY NEXT-GEN CONSOLES to FULLY SUPPORT the AMD RDNA2 feature set! This is huge!!!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
BIG BIG BIG NEWS today!

It is FINALLY official, the rumours were true!

The Xbox Series X and Series S consoles are the ONLY NEXT-GEN CONSOLES to FULLY SUPPORT the AMD RDNA2 feature set! This is huge!!!

What is to suggest that Sony's own approach is less effective or better? That's right, none. Couldn't one suggest that Sony's bit part RDNA 2 bit part their own customisations will be better?

Nothing like sensationalist claims once again DK.