ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That's not an HDMI 2.1 TV, it's only a 50Hz panel...

Re updates, Samsungs and LGs have had 2.1 support for ages now, Sony have revoked their update as it was causing issues, expect it to be out in time for the PS5 though.

I wish I knew what those numbers meant. I only bought the TV a year ago ffs, so will have to do for now 😂

Honda. Tesla Someday
I think we figured my TV supports hdmi 2.1.. hopefully makes the most of a £450 console!

Thats a HDMI 2.0 panel matey :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
I wish I knew what those numbers meant. I only bought the TV a year ago ffs, so will have to do for now 😂

50hz means it has a refresh rate of 50. Meaning it is capable of 50fps.

HOWEVER that is according to RicherSounds - which is incorrect. The panel is actually capable of 60hz, so you are fine for 4K gaming at 60fps according to the Philips website (I had to look it was bugging me).

Unfortunately you can’t do 4K at120fps on that TV. Don’t worry though you will still have an amazing experience.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Doesn’t look like my Samsung qe55q6fam supports hdmi 2.1.... sad times.

As you say it will still look awesome. Just another excuse to upgrade the TV next year [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clio 16v
Literally checked just now after seeing your message - Amazon now says it has been Dispatched as of 6:53pm. Looks like they will have a few hundred at least to scan in as they are loaded on to vans so I think you should expect yours to be updated quite soon!!

Cheers. Still not dispatched, but then I live within an hour of a distribution centre so things frequently dispatched in the small hours. Just hoping my bank don't block payment as I won't be awake to rectify it!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Cheers. Still not dispatched, but then I live within an hour of a distribution centre so things frequently dispatched in the small hours. Just hoping my bank don't block payment as I won't be awake to rectify it!

Rock up there at midnight and demand they give it to you lol

clio 16v
I've just been hassling them on live chat :ROFLMAO:

I've been assured it will be with me and that stock is sitting in my local depot that's circa 30 miles away. Will dispatch overnight.

Not really helpful if my bank blocks the payment, but looks like I'll have to risk it.

My console is coming from Microsoft, so if the Amazon one doesn't arrive it's my brother who will miss out.

Serves him right for being on early shift when the pre-orders went live 🤷‍♂️

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've just been hassling them on live chat :ROFLMAO:

I've been assured it will be with me and that stock is sitting in my local depot that's circa 30 miles away. Will dispatch overnight.

Not really helpful if my bank blocks the payment, but looks like I'll have to risk it.

My console is coming from Microsoft, so if the Amazon one doesn't arrive it's my brother who will miss out.

Serves him right for being on early shift when the pre-orders went live 🤷‍♂️

LOL same here!! I have two coming and if one doesn’t arrive my nephew will have to wait !!

Just watched the London Xbox Launch Party and it was awesome! They had a huge Series X and had stuff being projected everywhere, like a mini firework display with holograms! Very very very cool!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Most HDMI 2.1 TVs were only released within the last year.

Yep I think you'll only really be seeing it on the latest models. I'm gutted really I got the LG C7 a few years back and it's really hard to justify getting the CX now just for an extra 60fps. Secretly hoping mine gives up the ghost seen as it's covered under a repair and support plan 😂

Honda. Tesla Someday
Xbox has launched in London with an AMAZING Hologram show on the Millennium Bridge!! I watched them do this on the Launch Celebration livestream and it was pretty special!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is at my local Amazon depot in Doncaster. Doubt I'll see it before early afternoon, sucks to live no where near the depots 😂

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_20201110_080444__01.jpg

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
All 3 of my (what I thought were good) TV’s have a refresh rate of 50/60hz, but all ‘4K’. Ffs.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Tbh you don't really need 120fps, a good HDR 4K TV will be enough to make the most out of these consoles for now.

Yeah hopefully.. it’s just planted a seed and now i’m looking. As long as Fifa and CoD looks good on my little Philips, i’ll be happy.

My Hisense was by far the best picture for gaming but it’s in my bedroom annoyingly.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It was satisfying setting the Xbox to 120hz tbf, but I doubt many games will make use of it. I know the LG panels are having issues with VRR at 60hz though, don't recall if they are having issues with it at 120hz

I'm just excited to finally have a 4K TV :ROFLMAO:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It was satisfying setting the Xbox to 120hz tbf, but I doubt many games will make use of it. I know the LG panels are having issues with VRR at 60hz though, don't recall if they are having issues with it at 120hz
No, it's only when using VRR and the frame rate drops. It's probably not going to be a huge issue, and will only effect grey areas.

Edit:

Update: Yes, we also noticed that with the LG CX you can measure a shift in the gamma curve when using the VRR. But we don’t want to spread panic now, we just want to answer the most important question, if this is bad:

It means that when you are using VRR, areas that are not black but very very dark (near blacks) will appear brighter than they should be. In OLEDs, this is only noticeable because of the almost perfect black level, which remains the same by the way. Nevertheless, LG OLEDs still follow the EOTF curve very closely, even with VRR enabled. Most users won’t notice this little flaw, especially if you aren’t looking for it. If your TV is not professionally calibrated it might even look worse without VRR. By the way, all LCD TVs with VRR look much worse in this regard.

Last edited:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Yeah hopefully.. it’s just planted a seed and now i’m looking. As long as Fifa and CoD looks good on my little Philips, i’ll be happy.

My Hisense was by far the best picture for gaming but it’s in my bedroom annoyingly.

120hz will be a smoother experience, but don't expect every game to be running at 120fps in 4k.

Most games will be aiming for 4k 60fps.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
No, it's only when using VRR and the frame rate drops. It's probably not going to be a huge issue, and will only effect grey areas.

Edit:

Update: Yes, we also noticed that with the LG CX you can measure a shift in the gamma curve when using the VRR. But we don’t want to spread panic now, we just want to answer the most important question, if this is bad:

It means that when you are using VRR, areas that are not black but very very dark (near blacks) will appear brighter than they should be. In OLEDs, this is only noticeable because of the almost perfect black level, which remains the same by the way. Nevertheless, LG OLEDs still follow the EOTF curve very closely, even with VRR enabled. Most users won’t notice this little flaw, especially if you aren’t looking for it. If your TV is not professionally calibrated it might even look worse without VRR. By the way, all LCD TVs with VRR look much worse in this regard.

Coming from a 7 year old LG LCD it's unlikely I will notice a drop in quality on the CX :ROFLMAO:

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Really considering getting a TV now. Any know the actual differences between the following:

I've had a look on the LG site, which essentially list no differences at all.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Really considering getting a TV now. Any know the actual differences between the following:

I've had a look on the LG site, which essentially list no differences at all.
The colour of the stand.

clio 16v
so my UPS order is on track for delivery by 13:30 if the tracking is accurate. However those f**kers at Amazon have completely screwed up on the 2nd console. Stuck on preparing for dispatch overnight, then email stating there's been a delay and they're dispatching now. More like you don't have stock you idiots.

Customer service drone reckons it will be here tomorrow. FFS