ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I bet FH4 will look good, isn't that one of the games that's optimised to run at 4k120?

Honda. Tesla Someday
View attachment 1505235

It made it!

QUESTION for experts, so probably you @DeeKay86 : The graphical improvements on Xbox One Games that everyone is talking about above... is that compared to a standard Xbox One, or would I see an improvement from an Xbox One X ?

Every comparison by tech reviewers has been between the Xbox One X and the Series X. Yes, you will see a difference - especially with “Optimised for Series X” games like Gears 5. Even games which are not “optimised for Series X” will all play better, load way faster, have very stable Frame rates and a lot of them will also now have HDR (Auto HDR), meaning they will look far superior on a HDR Display. I hope this helps.

I’ve had a fiddle with the picture settings and can’t really figure it. There’s definitely an improvement over my Xbox one S, but I wouldnt say i’m blown away. It does load up quickly though.

Make sure your TV is calibrated for the Series X. Go to your Series X settings, TV, and then pick the Calibrate TV option. After you have done that, go to ”Calibrate HDR”. Work your way through the calibration and you should notice a good difference. Sure the best way to calibrate a TV is to get it done professionally, BUT you can get very good results by using the built in Series X HDR/TV Calibration tool. Let me know how you get on.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I’m doing a network transfer of almost a 1TB of data from my One X to the Series X lol. Transfer rate is flying at 600Mbps!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Every comparison by tech reviewers has been between the Xbox One X and the Series X. Yes, you will see a difference - especially with “Optimised for Series X” games like Gears 5. Even games which are not “optimised for Series X” will all play better, load way faster, have very stable Frame rates and a lot of them will also now have HDR (Auto HDR), meaning they will look far superior on a HDR Display. I hope this helps.

Make sure your TV is calibrated for the Series X. Go to your Series X settings, TV, and then pick the Calibrate TV option. After you have done that, go to ”Calibrate HDR”. Work your way through the calibration and you should notice a good difference. Sure the best way to calibrate a TV is to get it done professionally, BUT you can get very good results by using the built in Series X HDR/TV Calibration tool. Let me know how you get on.

yeah I did that, definitely made a difference, but some of the things it mentions, I dont have. I also could never see the ‘closed eye’ on the brightness or contrast bit.

Honda. Tesla Someday
yeah I did that, definitely made a difference, but some of the things it mentions, I dont have. I also could never see the ‘closed eye’ on the brightness or contrast bit.

That’ll be your black point / HDMI Black Level setting. Go back on Series X calibration, change the TV Black Point/HDMI Black Level setting and take it from there :)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That’ll be your black point / HDMI Black Level setting. Go back on Series X calibration, change the TV Black Point/HDMI Black Level setting and take it from there :)

i can’t see this on the xbox settings? Ive done the ‘calibrate HDR for games’ and ‘calibrate TV’ on xbox but that’s the bit I cant see the closed eye.

Honda. Tesla Someday
i can’t see this on the xbox settings? Ive done the ‘calibrate HDR for games’ and ‘calibrate TV’ on xbox but that’s the bit I cant see the closed eye.

HDMI Black Level / Black Point (its either of those two) is part of your TV’s settings :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
E5C6BADB-A625-47C8-B519-B9E165E015FA.jpeg

People ask me why I have all my old consoles I show them this s**t.

I had joked with friends I should be ready to play it some time next week, no longer a joke lol

If the PS5 makes me sit through less than 10 updates then Xbox is getting sold. And I’ve always preferred my Xbox. Then again PlayStation is probably the same. Sad you can’t play a game on launch day anymore!!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
View attachment 1505251

People ask me why I have all my old consoles I show them this s**t.

I had joked with friends I should be ready to play it some time next week, no longer a joke lol

If the PS5 makes me sit through less than 10 updates then Xbox is getting sold. And I’ve always preferred my Xbox. Then again PlayStation is probably the same. Sad you can’t play a game on launch day anymore!!
Playstation will be worse. Their download speeds are terribly slow. Much slower than MS.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Playstation will be worse. Their download speeds are terribly slow. Much slower than MS.
It’s never been a fair fight as I use either for different games.

But the combination of COD and my Xbox actually takes the piss.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Going wired internet connection and not playing games while stuff downloads helps. Also noticed that if I'm connected to WiFi with phone it slows it down. Console download speeds are s**t though it seems.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Going wired internet connection and not playing games while stuff downloads helps. Also noticed that if I'm connected to WiFi with phone it slows it down. Console download speeds are s**t though it seems.

It’s not my network. The servers are just sweating as everyone fires up their new Xbox. The console is wired along with everything else other than phones in my house.

It’s managed to jump up to 60mbps, which is just fine. Spent a long time at about 4 though lol

Honda. Tesla Someday
It’s not my network. The servers are just sweating as everyone fires up their new Xbox. The console is wired along with everything else other than phones in my house.

It’s managed to jump up to 60mbps, which is just fine. Spent a long time at about 4 though lol

Ah man, launch day server strain! Happens every time. Bare with it, I know its lame but this was to be expected. Glad to see its speeding up.

Good thing Microsoft owns Azure otherwise I am sure it would have all toppled over! LOL

EDIT: Just started a download on my Series X and its going at 300Mbps. Earlier it was definitely slower! Hopefully it’ll pick up for you too.

Also remember - lots of games have now been “Optimised” for Series X, so what you are downloading is large texture packs etc etc - hence the big download sizes.

Honda. Tesla Someday
A 14 DAY FREE Trial came with my Elite Series 2 Controller.

it is for New GamePass Ultimate customers ONLY.

If anyone on here needs it, please send me a private message!!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

I was getting 150mbs, then I noticed it dropped to 30mbs. All I had done was play the radio through Alexa. Turned it off and it instantly shot up again. I was shocked it made such a difference!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I was getting 150mbs, then I noticed it dropped to 30mbs. All I had done was play the radio through Alexa. Turned it off and it instantly shot up again. I was shocked it made such a difference!
Mine just picked up to usual speeds after about 10 minutes of gloom. I even went into my router and switched the Wi-fi off and it was still slow. Fine now though.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was downloading fairly quickly earlier, now it's crawling, and I'm also struggling to sign in. I guess the yanks are home from work now and hammering the new consoles.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I was downloading fairly quickly earlier, now it's crawling, and I'm also struggling to sign in. I guess the yanks are home from work now and hammering the new consoles.

Went down to 6.5Mbps for me for about 10 minutes, now back at 310Mbps! (I got the pic when it just dropped to 292Mbps lol - its up and down!)

56EC3217-07A1-47C6-9044-241EF68E8464.jpeg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
A7F2D169-20A4-4EBC-8CD5-D5A73B2818E9.jpeg

Are they taking the f**king piss? Another one? 23GBs of textures?

Id put my left nut on that 30GB one before being a random update.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Man, COD is notorious for being HUGE for no good reason - that’s kinda insane!

May fast broadband speeds be with you!!
Cod updates will be 30gb and the patch notes will be like

“We’ve made the MP5 less powerful, and fixed a typo in the end game credits”.

Luckily I’ve always had my One’s set to download while they’re off so don’t have to endure them, always seen my mates moan in the chat though.

Today is the day it’s all coming to me now though. Sigh.

I remember getting my 360 at launch and playing PGR3 online within about 10 mins

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Just spotted Jedi Fallen Order is available on game pass!

Today just keeps getting better [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
For reference, Ive gone from a One X to a Series X. They're both 4K and both enter HDR mode (Although, @DeeKay86 has mentioned the one x perhaps isnt actually HDR?)

Either way I can confirm: Yes, there is a marginal difference on the current COD. You do have to be a total nerd (like us) to notice maybe!

Excited to try properly optimised games for this now!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Just tried Gears 5 on Series X. HOLY HELL this game looks brand new! Wow!!
It was the first thing I downloaded. Even the missus said the picture looks good - though I’m certain that’s a bit of a placebo given my tv is 5 years old

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Can anyone buy games using their app? Used to be able to but seems to not be a feature anymore.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My internet has gone to s**t on the new Xbox playing cod.. constantly lagging, getting the poor connection sign on the screen. Any ideas?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Wifi. Xbox says my NAT type is open, but on Cod it says moderate.
Wifi will always cause you trouble anyway!

You need to go into your routers settings and open up some ports to sort that issue out however. You may have already done this to get Xbox live "Open", but a lot of games use their own/additional ports. I just googled "Call of duty port forwarding" and got what I needed.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Wifi will always cause you trouble anyway!

You need to go into your routers settings and open up some ports to sort that issue out however. You may have already done this to get Xbox live "Open", but a lot of games use their own/additional ports. I just googled "Call of duty port forwarding" and got what I needed.

Will give it a go tomorrow, ive rage quitted for today, thanks. Never had this issue with the old Xbox on Wifi.