ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Bit of Xbox nostalgia for you all. Still have a fairly healthy collection of both consoles and games. Happened to open up a couple of after-school favs cases and they still have receipts !

Could be wrong but I think Halo 3 was out of stock a lot of places? And also Blockbuster had some deal on it hence it only being £35!

Gamestation receipt still has credit on. I remember trading in my original Xbox and pretty much all my games for it. What an idiot!

Attachments

• 85F48C4F-0F41-4B96-8A89-E0558D21196F.jpeg
    85F48C4F-0F41-4B96-8A89-E0558D21196F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 9387599E-7EA2-4C18-8AB1-2CF2C11433A7.jpeg
    9387599E-7EA2-4C18-8AB1-2CF2C11433A7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • 4257DF6B-D1C2-42C6-8044-D777205022D3.jpeg
    4257DF6B-D1C2-42C6-8044-D777205022D3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
They were in stock for like 30s [emoji1787]

No bueno for me, maybe I'll just wait til next year lol, hopefully all the Bugs and games with be fully optimised by then

Game had some stock today as well

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I just looked and the link shows it's had 82000 views in the last 24 hours so you'd have to be pretty lucky.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I bought Watchdogs Legion for £38.99 in the Black Friday Xbox sale. So far its working fine - hoping the game keeps saving my progress till the December patch lol!

Heres a question:

Who else here takes advantage of Microsoft Rewards??

I earn about £10 at least every month! You can then use what you earned to buy GamePass etc.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Trying another mission tonight on COD.

Just crashes the entire system now. Full Xbox turning itself off job. On my third attempt.... wish me luck!

Do Microsoft have any feature much like steam do where you can get a refund? It’s just not fit for purpose. It’s genuinely the Driver 3 of this generation.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought Watchdogs Legion for £38.99 in the Black Friday Xbox sale. So far its working fine - hoping the game keeps saving my progress till the December patch lol!

Heres a question:

Who else here takes advantage of Microsoft Rewards??

I earn about £10 at least every month! You can then use what you earned to buy GamePass etc.

£10 a month isn't bad. What's the catch?

Wonder how early Argos will be getting stock in the morning as I'm on nights so might have to check that a few times even though I'm still torn on buying one just yet.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
And it’s now stuck on another. section. Tried 4 times and now I give up.

Imagine if you asked someone to build you a kitchen and they just tile half the floor, charge you the full amount and say “yeah but maybe we will fix it in like, a year I dunno”

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Are these issues with Cold War?

I had it crash during a mission on PC the other day, but last night it didn't falter once.
Yeah all with Cold War.

Interesting article here:

Previously Treyarch have also said to run it in 1080p as well... a joke.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Yeah all with Cold War.

Interesting article here:

Previously Treyarch have also said to run it in 1080p as well... a joke.

So the Devs have admitted it's broken.

Surely it's about time they stopped releasing games that aren't ready. It happens far too often these days.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Yeah, zero issues for me. Only issue I've had with COD and the PS5 was the playstation CE-108262-9 error, which I managed to fix and had no issues since.

My only issue with COD now, is not playing it since 2012.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I’ve not played it much but can confirm I have had zero issues with COD on my series x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The multiplayer seems to have stopped crashing since the last update...

.... unless you try using split screen.

The split screen is in 4:3 aspect ratio, runs at no more than 10fps and on the two attempts we tried it, crashed mid game.

Main issue appears to be campaign. The other fix is to disable ray tracing. But I’m trying to play some free stuff on the PS5 for a bit, when they release some more 30GB updates I’ll go back to campaign on COD

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just a bit frustrating that devs get the blame despite having no real control over the release of their own game(s). The publishers decide that (they are, after all, the ones funding the development). Publishers would rather hit a deadline (such as holidays, Christmas, new console launch day) with a broken product and then look to patch it rather than delay the game until it is in a better state. The truth is that the flawed product released on time generally makes more money for them. Yet devs get the blame. Trust me, devs would rather delay and release a much better product but there aren't many development houses with the resources and power to be able to defy the publishing giants. I know it falls on deaf ears but the developers are equally (if not more so) pished that a substandard product is going to market when they've put one, two, three, more years of their life into a game. Just sayin'. :)

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I know it's the publishers pushing for the games to be released, it's just frustrating that they won't listen to people who know what they're on about.

Salesmen do my head in, they get told something needs more time and then blame someone else because they ignore everyone and make false promises.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I know it's the publishers pushing for the games to be released, it's just frustrating that they won't listen to people who know what they're on about.

Salesmen do my head in, they get told something needs more time and then blame someone else because they ignore everyone and make false promises.
Yup - very frustrating mate. It can be a real rollercoaster. You've just spent several years putting your all into a game and get a massive buzz knowing that - hopefully - thousands and thousands of players are going to enjoy the fruits of your labour. Then you feel absolutely sick to the pit of your stomach knowing that there are some issues that still need resolving and that gamers are going to rip you a new one having spent their hard-earned on 'your' game that hasn't delivered. But that's how it is and it won't change any time soon! :LOL:

Honda. Tesla Someday
.... you guys warned me not to buy Watchdogs Legion... I took the risk... just lost 4+ hours of gameplay. I lost all my amazing recruits... gutted! Absolutely f*cking gutted. Lol

Serves me right!

edit: Saying that, holy hell this game is fun for wondering around London! I have lived in London my whole life and I visited places in the game that I know really well IRL. It’s quite accurate, I even found the restaurants I eat at! Very very very cool!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just a bit frustrating that devs get the blame despite having no real control over the release of their own game(s). The publishers decide that (they are, after all, the ones funding the development). Publishers would rather hit a deadline (such as holidays, Christmas, new console launch day) with a broken product and then look to patch it rather than delay the game until it is in a better state. The truth is that the flawed product released on time generally makes more money for them. Yet devs get the blame. Trust me, devs would rather delay and release a much better product but there aren't many development houses with the resources and power to be able to defy the publishing giants. I know it falls on deaf ears but the developers are equally (if not more so) pished that a substandard product is going to market when they've put one, two, three, more years of their life into a game. Just sayin'. :)

Trust me, I know the pain of working on something that gets rushed out for the £ . We love you really.

Does need fixing though.

Just to add i completed Cold War campaign and played many many zombies games without a single hitch on the xb1x 😂
Was it in 4k with ray tracing on? Thats whats currently getting the brunt of the blame.

I'd also be interested in seeing peoples set ups. My Series X has twice the space around it my One X did (I took an extra shelf out to give it loads of head room too) and is laid on its side.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
.... you guys warned me not to buy Watchdogs Legion... I took the risk... just lost 4+ hours of gameplay. I lost all my amazing recruits... gutted! Absolutely f*cking gutted. Lol

Serves me right!

edit: Saying that, holy hell this game is fun for wondering around London! I have lived in London my whole life and I visited places in the game that I know really well IRL. It’s quite accurate, I even found the restaurants I eat at! Very very very cool!
Good to know for sure it's not just myths, but you must have known it was coming hehe.
The Watch Dogs franchise had so much potential before the first one but 1&2 have been let downs and sounds like Legion is following closely behind.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Serves me right!

I'm waiting for it to a) be fixed and b) go on an even deeper sale as it sounds like it gets really dull really fast with all the security minigames, but the representation of London looks amazing

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Any heads up today on stock that may be available? It's not for me it's for a colleague in work. Cheers

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Any heads up today on stock that may be available? It's not for me it's for a colleague in work. Cheers
It comes and goes so quickly with the bots you're as well waiting til supply is better, Unless you want to spend hours refreshing a Web page in the hope you get one [emoji23]

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't bothered about waiting but now my X has died im choking to get a new one now with Cyberpunk due [emoji23]
If it makes you feel better.. Cyberpunk isn't launching with an optimised for next gen version, that's supposed to arrive in an update in January (iirc, will probably change)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just turned ray tracing off and I got past the bit it kept crashing. Still has a bit of jitter going on but at least Campaign is now working!