ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Honda. Tesla Someday
These X Boxes sound shite, loads of people having issues with them.

You are clearly a child. Please ask permission from you parents before acting a fool again on an online forum.

Seriously though, if you have nothing productive to say, please don’t bother saying anything. This thread is not for “console wars” - grow up. I could say A LOT about PS5 hardware Failure rates - but I don’t. It’s called being an adult.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You are clearly a child. Please ask permission from you parents before acting a fool again on an online forum.

Seriously though, if you have nothing productive to say, please don’t bother saying anything. This thread is not for “console wars” - grow up. I could say A LOT about PS5 hardware Failure rates - but I don’t. It’s called being an adult.
Ha ha ha stop crying ffs. It's my opinion that they're suffering from issues which seemingly they are, all I've read is nothing but people moaning that things aren't working. Appreciate that PlayStation has issues but they're nowhere near as bad as what's happening with the X Box and BTW, I don't own either console.

I can tell you this much, the amount of faff they're seemingly causing has put me right off getting one.

Clio
Got my confirmation mine will be ready to pick up from Tesco on 3rd December.

Bit concerned as I went straight on a few weeks back ordered, no queue and confirmed. If I turn up and they say I haven't got one there will be selection boxes flying everywhere.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ha ha ha stop crying ffs. It's my opinion that they're suffering from issues which seemingly they are, all I've read is nothing but people moaning that things aren't working. Appreciate that PlayStation has issues but they're nowhere near as bad as what's happening with the X Box and BTW, I don't own either console.

I can tell you this much, the amount of faff they're seemingly causing has put me right off getting one.

Cool story bro. “Nowhere near as bad as what’s happening with the Xbox” - lol yeah ok mate you keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you happy. I am not here to argue like a child.

Have you finished with your tantrum? Can we get back on topic? Is that OK with you?

Cool.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cool story bro. “Nowhere near as bad as what’s happening with the Xbox” - lol yeah ok mate you keep telling yourself that. Whatever makes you happy. I am not here to argue like a child.

Have you finished with your tantrum? Can we get back on topic? Is that OK with you?

Cool.
I'm not arguing with you, I just said they're s**t and appear to be problematic which is a fact. I'm not the one throwing a tantrum, you're the one that's flipped out for no reason and is acting like a cry baby.

If anyone counter argues anything to do with X Box you lose your mind, get over it. If you're happy with then that's fine, I'm entitled to my opinion and felt where else better to put that opinion on said product than its own thread. Happy to be proved wrong.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member

Cool.
You're the one that's kicked off ffs [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Maybe see if you can get yourself a Microsoft dummy with your next game

clio 16v
I had no plans to buy a new TV specifically for the series X given the living room TV is only a year old.

However, I've been lusting after HDMI 2.1 support since the series X release date so just had a 65inch LG BX delivered yesterday (I couldn't quite stretch my budget for the CX unfortunately) and I have to say the picture quality is superb!

Honda. Tesla Someday
I had no plans to buy a new TV specifically for the series X given the living room TV is only a year old.

However, I've been lusting after HDMI 2.1 support since the series X release date so just had a 65inch LG BX delivered yesterday (I couldn't quite stretch my budget for the CX unfortunately) and I have to say the picture quality is superb!

NICE!!

I really really want a HDMI 2.1 screen too, but my current QLED 65inch is only 2 years old. How do I justify it lol!! Hmmm...

clio 16v
I'm not arguing with you, I just said they're s**t and appear to be problematic which is a fact. I'm not the one throwing a tantrum, you're the one that's flipped out for no reason and is acting like a cry baby.

If anyone counter argues anything to do with X Box you lose your mind, get over it. If you're happy with then that's fine, I'm entitled to my opinion and felt where else better to put that opinion on said product than its own thread. Happy to be proved wrong.

The thing is for every series X that is having issues there's probably 1000 that aren't. Mine has been flawless - completed the COD campaign without a single crash. Most of the issues genuinely appear to be game related - the non series X version of COD bricking series X consoles and save issues with watchdogs.

The solution is simple - buy the correct version of COD 😂 and wait for a patch to be released for watchdogs. My copy of watchdogs has been sitting in the cellophane for the past week. Now that it's been patched I might actually open it.

NICE!!

I really really want a HDMI 2.1 screen too, but my current QLED 65inch is only 2 years old. How do I justify it lol!! Hmmm...

Just do it. That's why I settled for the BX, £1599 from Curry's. I wanted the CX but couldn't justify £1799.

Honda. Tesla Someday
The thing is for every series X that is having issues there's probably 1000 that aren't. Mine has been flawless - completed the COD campaign without a single crash. Most of the issues genuinely appear to be game related - the non series X version of COD bricking series X consoles and save issues with watchdogs.

The solution is simple - buy the correct version of COD 😂 and wait for a patch to be released for watchdogs. My copy of watchdogs has been sitting in the cellophane for the past week. Now that it's been patched I might actually open it.

Just do it. That's why I settled for the BX, £1599 from Curry's. I wanted the CX but couldn't justify £1799.

Cheers for this!!

Btw - yes Watchdogs is patched BUT we still don’t know if the console version has fixed the “save bug”. I’m playing it now so I’ll let you know if its improved at least lol!

And about the new TV - stop tempting me dude lol!! The Mrs will hunt you down hahaha!!!

clio 16v
Cheers for this!!

Btw - yes Watchdogs is patched BUT we still don’t know if the console version has fixed the “save bug”. I’m playing it now so I’ll let you know if its improved at least lol!

And about the new TV - stop tempting me dude lol!! The Mrs will hunt you down hahaha!!!

I should also mention that the VRR, 120Hz and freesync support on the LG oleds makes the series X look rather nice. Not to mention those inky blacks 😂

Honda. Tesla Someday
it’s not quite that simple, as I’ve the right version but it’s still fucked.

There are many issues regarding COD which I will admit is a bit of a SH*TSHOW! The devs need to issue patches or refunds, as I think people are fed up now.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Ubisoft has issued a Patch for Watchdogs Legion. ALL PLATFORMS.

PC now has a manual save feature. Various bug fixes for consoles. Check out the patch notes :)
The consoles still have the save issue according to that thread

clio 16v
it’s not quite that simple, as I’ve the right version but it’s still fucked.

My mistake - I was under the impression the COD issues were solely in relation to non-series X games being run on the series X, but doesn't sound like that's the case.

Honda. Tesla Someday
The consoles still have the save issue according to that thread

I can now confirm - yep! Issue still persists.

I know this game was rushed out because of Publishers forcing devs etc... but damn... this really really really suuuucks. I’m having so much fun on this game but this just makes it unplayable.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You're the one that's kicked off ffs [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Maybe see if you can get yourself a Microsoft dummy with your next game

Tbf his initial post was obviously bait. I'm not fussed as I don't own one but there's clearly lots of people enjoying theirs and by saying they're all a load of shite seems kind of an obvious troll. I don't know why PS and Xbox fanboys always act so bitchy about it though could probably do with a break from consoles altogether if it riles them up that much 😂

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Tbf his initial post was obviously bait. I'm not fussed as I don't own one but there's clearly lots of people enjoying theirs and by saying they're all a load of shite seems kind of an obvious troll. I don't know why PS and Xbox fanboys always act so bitchy about it though could probably do with a break from consoles altogether if it riles them up that much [emoji23]
I genuinely wasn't trolling, perhaps I could have worded it differently instead of saying they're 'shite'. That's just the way I talk. I get notifications daily and nearly every single one is about how problematic the new system is. I imagine once they're all rectified it will be a far improved system but DeeKay did absolutely flip his lid, and not for the fist time.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf his initial post was obviously bait. I'm not fussed as I don't own one but there's clearly lots of people enjoying theirs and by saying they're all a load of shite seems kind of an obvious troll. I don't know why PS and Xbox fanboys always act so bitchy about it though could probably do with a break from consoles altogether if it riles them up that much [emoji23]
No need to act like someone has just posted a jobby through your door and pissed in your flowers though, It's a bit cringe getting upset about a console on a public forum [emoji23]

Honda. Tesla Someday
Tbf his initial post was obviously bait. I'm not fussed as I don't own one but there's clearly lots of people enjoying theirs and by saying they're all a load of shite seems kind of an obvious troll. I don't know why PS and Xbox fanboys always act so bitchy about it though could probably do with a break from consoles altogether if it riles them up that much 😂

I’m glad you understand why I thought it was just a troll. Honestly, I see so much of it on Twitter etc that it’s just constant noise. I am so sick of “console wars” that when I see someone say something as ridiculous as “its shite” my automatic response is to just shut it down. I thought I may as well respond about it now because it is clearly an issue online where “console fanboys” act like they do.

I’m going to say this once and for all - if you enjoy your games, no matter what platform, then that is amazing! You are allowed to prefer PS5 or PC or whatever, I truly couldn’t care less. However, this is a thread about the Xbox Series of consoles, so coming on here and simply saying “it is shite” is going to be seen as pointless and a troll post (especially seeing as console fanboys in general are super toxic and crazy). I actively avoid the PS5 thread on here because I know that if I go on there and start posting things like “omg its failure rate is mega high its shite” etc etc it’s going to annoy people and may trigger some people - and I don’t want that.

I didn’t make this thread to start a lame “console war” lol, it was made because I have a clear passion for the topic and helping people with their tech set ups was a nice bonus as I love helping.

Anyways, lets get back on topic please. :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
I genuinely wasn't trolling, perhaps I could have worded it differently instead of saying they're 'shite'. That's just the way I talk. I get notifications daily and nearly every single one is about how problematic the new system is. I imagine once they're all rectified it will be a far improved system but DeeKay did absolutely flip his lid, and not for the fist time.

Like I said mate, I could say a lot too but I won’t. I have already said let’s just get back on topic, so I am politely asking that you just stop now.

Have a nice day man :)

997.1, Caddy, e208
Given the time I've spent historically on the Xbox, game playing, hardware / software modification etc - I'd be considered more of an Xbox guy.

However, from what I'm reading online, this console launch is somewhat shambolic. It may be the games at fault, but don't think this isn't having a huge effect on Microsoft too, reputation, financial impact & market share will all take a hit the longer this goes on, minimised only by PS5 availability.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The worst part about this Xbox release for me is the lack of games. I don't play many so that might be part of it and I know Covid is partly to blame. I guess it still sold out everywhere anyway so the only thing holding them back on sales is themselves but the lack of launch titles is disappointing to say the least. If Forza Motorsport was out for example I'd be jumping all over it but I don't see the point to play the same games I'm currently happy playing right now with no issues.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Given the time I've spent historically on the Xbox, game playing, hardware / software modification etc - I'd be considered more of an Xbox guy.

However, from what I'm reading online, this console launch is somewhat shambolic. It may be the games at fault, but don't think this isn't having a huge effect on Microsoft too, reputation, financial impact & market share will all take a hit the longer this goes on, minimised only by PS5 availability.

We see this every generation tbh - no matter if its a new Xbox or PlayStation. The Xbox Series consoles - right now - are mainly having issues in a few titles due to the GDK being released to developers very recently (due to Microsoft waiting for AMD to finalise RDNA2), and developers rushing to release for launch day. Both of these issues have been seen before in previous generations. It is mainly a software thing, which is good as at least its not hardware issues.

On the flip side, most issue on the PlayStation side are hardware related (failing SSD’s/SSD corruption/GPU artefacts on screen etc etc etc). Again, no console launch is ever perfect, issues are expected and should be expected. (I only mention this as people are drawing comparisons on here in general recently so its best to be transparent so anyone reading his is fully informed).

I really don’t think this is affecting “market share” etc, both platforms have issues, both platforms were always expected to have issues. This is not a surprise to anyone. Plus lets not forget that Microsofts goal here is not to sell millions of consoles, their goal is to sell software (money is in software, not hardware), they have already openly stated this. GamePass being available on freaking almost everything already = tonnes of money via subscriptions + even more money via sales of games on PC. If you look at money as the goal, and as a business that is in business to make money, it makes perfect sense.

Honda. Tesla Someday
The worst part about this Xbox release for me is the lack of games. I don't play many so that might be part of it and I know Covid is partly to blame. I guess it still sold out everywhere anyway so the only thing holding them back on sales is themselves but the lack of launch titles is disappointing to say the least. If Forza Motorsport was out for example I'd be jumping all over it but I don't see the point to play the same games I'm currently happy playing right now with no issues.

True, the “Next-Gen” experience (true next gen games) is kinda of lacking no matter what platform you’re on. We’re in that funny transition phase lol. Saying that, it’s nice to have the best versions of all of my games working on the Series X right out of the box, and most of them now have Auto HDR, higher resolutions and amazing performance. I actually put off playing a good few games just so I could enjoy them on the Series X instead lol

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Cold War is the only latest gen game I’ve bought so far. The problems have taken the shine off the experience tbh.
Just hoping that Cyberpunk saves the day.

Some of the free games seem so hit and miss too. Though I really enjoyed Fallen Order. I’ve also been bashing Halo quite a lot, and am looking forward to that next year.

997.1, Caddy, e208
We see this every generation tbh - no matter if its a new Xbox or PlayStation. The Xbox Series consoles - right now - are mainly having issues in a few titles due to the GDK being released to developers very recently (due to Microsoft waiting for AMD to finalise RDNA2), and developers rushing to release for launch day. Both of these issues have been seen before in previous generations. It is mainly a software thing, which is good as at least its not hardware issues.

On the flip side, most issue on the PlayStation side are hardware related (failing SSD’s/SSD corruption/GPU artefacts on screen etc etc etc). Again, no console launch is ever perfect, issues are expected and should be expected. (I only mention this as people are drawing comparisons on here in general recently so its best to be transparent so anyone reading his is fully informed).

I really don’t think this is affecting “market share” etc, both platforms have issues, both platforms were always expected to have issues. This is not a surprise to anyone. Plus lets not forget that Microsofts goal here is not to sell millions of consoles, their goal is to sell software (money is in software, not hardware), they have already openly stated this. GamePass being available on freaking almost everything already = tonnes of money via subscriptions + even more money via sales of games on PC. If you look at money as the goal, and as a business that is in business to make money, it makes perfect sense.

Gamepass isn't good value if the games don't work.
That subscription is ticking away while people lose game saves, format hard drives / performing resets losing everything and having to redownload 500gb of games etc.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Gamepass isn't good value if the games don't work.
That subscription is ticking away while people lose game saves, format hard drives / performing resets losing everything and having to redownload 500gb of games etc.

GamePass is the best deal in gaming, this is a widely agreed opinion in the gaming industry. I have tried at least 70 games on GamePass and every single one works perfectly.

What gamepass games aren't working?

This.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I'm saying that people suffering the issues on games will not give a f**k about gamepass - people are getting e106 and having to wipe their data, redownload all their stuff and start again.

This isn't a glitch where you walk into an invisible wall and need a title update on a specific game.
People will be pissed at having these problems without a monthly agreement so I can only imagine those that are paying more on a monthly basis will be also be fucked off.

£450 console
£60 game (let's call it CoD)
£20/m game pass I think it costs?

You're talking £530 deep before you've touched the console, you install some game pass games, you play your CoD.
Error, console needs reset, all lost & you paid for the privilege.

We live in a world where people complain about free things having bugs, so to pay for it isn't exactly going to bring positive reviews, to have it effect something you've not only paid for, but you're actively paying for just magnifies that

Honda. Tesla Someday
I'm saying that people suffering the issues on games will not give a f**k about gamepass - people are getting e106 and having to wipe their data, redownload all their stuff and start again.

This isn't a glitch where you walk into an invisible wall and need a title update on a specific game.
People will be pissed at having these problems without a monthly agreement so I can only imagine those that are paying more on a monthly basis will be also be fucked off.

£450 console
£60 game (let's call it CoD)
£20/m game pass I think it costs?

You're talking £530 deep before you've touched the console, you install some game pass games, you play your CoD.
Error, console needs reset, all lost & you paid for the privilege.

We live in a world where people complain about free things having bugs, so to pay for it isn't exactly going to bring positive reviews, to have it effect something you've not only paid for, but you're actively paying for just magnifies that

I’m really not sure what you’ve been reading, but this really doesn’t make sense. The E106 code is not a Series X/S error code. Also, what you are describing is not something that seems to exist - it is not even listed on any official known issues list. Also you keep saying people have to “redownload their data”, never heard of this before. Also, if you have an external HDD you would never need to redownload anything, including Series X/S games which can also be stored externally.

Also, you said you think Gamepass costs £20 a month - it doesn’t. It is £7.99 for GamePass or £10.99 a month for GamePass Ultimate. It can also be found cheaper via other websites.

Do you have a source for the stuff you just said? Not being funny, serious question.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I had to post this, made me chuckle! - Especially when I imagine it with Clarksons voice and mannerisms lol!

7E32EC8B-5B6E-4880-8EAA-B1BAE6A29A3E.jpeg