ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox Series X|S - OFFICIAL News!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Cold War is the only latest gen game I’ve bought so far. The problems have taken the shine off the experience tbh.
Just hoping that Cyberpunk saves the day.

Some of the free games seem so hit and miss too. Though I really enjoyed Fallen Order. I’ve also been bashing Halo quite a lot, and am looking forward to that next year.
This is my EXACT experience so far. I've enjoyed Astros thing on the PS5 (tech demo it comes bundled with).

BTW if you didnt see my post above, turn off Ray Tracing in the settings menu - it fixed mine.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cold War is the only latest gen game I’ve bought so far. The problems have taken the shine off the experience tbh.
Just hoping that Cyberpunk saves the day.

Some of the free games seem so hit and miss too. Though I really enjoyed Fallen Order. I’ve also been bashing Halo quite a lot, and am looking forward to that next year.

Hmmmm, a couple of schools of thought on this.

The publisher developing this are the company who don't (or didn't until it got very bad) force devs to work crazy hours (I think it's this company anyway), this kind of respect for the engineers could mean they also listen to their engineer's desire to write high quality software. And as such when/if it does ever come out it will be a high quality game.

OR......

It is so so so so buggy and incomplete that they keep having to delay it over and over again and just getting it to the standard of COD would be a miracle 😆

Honda. Tesla Someday
I refunded Watchdogs Legion on Xbox - got my £38.99 back!

Then I was browsing deals online for Black Friday... saw that CDKeys had Watchdogs Legion for Xbox (digital download) for £29.99.....

So I bought it again LOL!

FML what is wrong with me.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a sticky right trigger, I pulled the side off the controller and it's because the cushion pad the trigger hits at the limit is out of place so the edge of the trigger is going over the edge of the pad and sticking. Tried to relocate it but can't get enough purchase on the pad with my tweezers 😂

MS are a massive pain to get service with, you can't call them it just says go online, you go online and the website just doesn't really work. Proper s**t show tbh.

I managed to get an Xbox expert, some weird peer to peer support system, to put me through to support on live chat. They'll swap the controller but I have to send mine off first, I pointed out I'd be without a pad and why can't they send the replacement first but he wouldn't budge.

Luckily I have a spare pad, but still, what a s**t show.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've got a sticky right trigger, I pulled the side off the controller and it's because the cushion pad the trigger hits at the limit is out of place so the edge of the trigger is going over the edge of the pad and sticking. Tried to relocate it but can't get enough purchase on the pad with my tweezers 😂

MS are a massive pain to get service with, you can't call them it just says go online, you go online and the website just doesn't really work. Proper s**t show tbh.

I managed to get an Xbox expert, some weird peer to peer support system, to put me through to support on live chat. They'll swap the controller but I have to send mine off first, I pointed out I'd be without a pad and why can't they send the replacement first but he wouldn't budge.

Odd! When one of my Xbox consoles went bad they sent me a replacement within 3 days. I then put mine in the same box, which they then collected and shipped it to Germany. They repaired it, and had it back with me within a week!! They then collected the Xbox they had dropped off initially which was on loan whilst mine was being fixed.

I guess it depends who you end up speaking to. - But yeah, having to send a controller off without a replacement first is stupid.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Odd! When one of my Xbox consoles went bad they sent me a replacement within 3 days. I then put mine in the same box, which they then collected and shipped it to Germany. They repaired it, and had it back with me within a week!! They then collected the Xbox they had dropped off initially which was on loan whilst mine was being fixed.

I guess it depends who you end up speaking to. - But yeah, having to send a controller off without a replacement first is stupid.
I get why they won't send first, incase you are just trying to get a free controller. But other companies get around this by putting a hold on your card while waiting for the return.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I realised earlier on that I have 5 Xbox One/Elite/Series X pads in total.. it's very rare anyone but me even plays :ROFLMAO:
I've got so many 360 pads it's not even funny, and a couple of 360s.

That's why I sold my one as soon as I got the XSX, I don't need more dust collectors.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I get why they won't send first, incase you are just trying to get a free controller. But other companies get around this by putting a hold on your card while waiting for the return.

That’s what they did with me, it was a £300 ish hold on my Credit Card :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Back in 2006ish when everyone was having RROD, I managed to break a controller.

Back then phone support was good because, well, RROD saving face. However, same situation. Had to send the controller off first.

For every other accessory though, they didn’t ask for proof of purchase or anything! Just sent you it new. Hence why me and my friends had so many accessories....

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Why the hell can I only find cyberpunk available for preorder for Xbox one?! Helppppp

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Bought watchdogs on CDKeys.

The only issue with that website is you always feel like an absolute pirate. Or at least, Microsoft make you feel like one. There’s always a faff to get the key to work but it usually does... eventually 😂

Honda. Tesla Someday
Bought watchdogs on CDKeys.

The only issue with that website is you always feel like an absolute pirate. Or at least, Microsoft make you feel like one. There’s always a faff to get the key to work but it usually does... eventually 😂

lol why the faff?? TOU literally go to the Xbox Redeem website, paste it in and it’s done lol!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
lol why the faff?? TOU literally go to the Xbox Redeem website, paste it in and it’s done lol!!
Try to do it via Xbox, doesn’t work.

Go into the Microsoft website, it does work, but your console doesn’t see it until you restart it completely.

Either way it installed, I played for a few hours and lost it all. So far the Series X is a total dumpster fire purely due to these game developers just rushing out broken s**t. I’d rather they just delayed it and you know, tested the game works?

Btw watchdogs is only the second game I’ve bought too 😂

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I did laugh when you said you'd bought Watchdogs, the only game more well known than COD for having issues atm 😂

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I did laugh when you said you'd bought Watchdogs, the only game more well known than COD for having issues atm 😂

Sucker for a bargain! I like it so far, I’ll wait for the patch before I play again though.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Try to do it via Xbox, doesn’t work.

Go into the Microsoft website, it does work, but your console doesn’t see it until you restart it completely.

Either way it installed, I played for a few hours and lost it all. So far the Series X is a total dumpster fire purely due to these game developers just rushing out broken s**t. I’d rather they just delayed it and you know, tested the game works?

Btw watchdogs is only the second game I’ve bought too 😂

Here’s how I do it - go to CDKeys, buy game, get code, go to Xbox.com/redeemcode, paste code in, go to Xbox console, go to store, navigate to the game, click install. Lol

No biggie you’ve got it working lol.

Sucker for a bargain! I like it so far, I’ll wait for the patch before I play again though.

I feel your pain! I have the same issue. Patch is coming in a few days.

in the meantime, what I do is:

start game, play a mission (story or recruit mission), complete mission, fast travel somewhere using the in game map. Pause the game, quit to menu. Close the whole game and go to Xbox dashboard, hard close the game by pressing menu and quit on the game. Launch game again, and play some more. Repeat. Restarting the whole game takes about a minute because it loads fast.

Doing this you won’t lose any progress. You only lose progress when the game loses its “Ubisoft connection”, so when playing go to your pause menu (the one with the game options on top like tech, map etc), on the bottom right it should show Ubisoft stuff. IF it shows “NO SIGNAL” you have lost Everything you just did! Even trying to quit to menu when it says “NO SIGNAL” results in the game crashing.

As long as you quit to menu and close the game before it says “NO SIGNAL” you’re fine! Lol

edit: just want to add - the reason for fast travelling before quitting is to force the game to save.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Speaking of CDKeys which Xbox live should I be buying? Some are cheaper than others, I’m still rocking my Xbox One S I won at the CS Festival.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Here’s how I do it - go to CDKeys, buy game, get code, go to Xbox.com/redeemcode, paste code in, go to Xbox console, go to store, navigate to the game, click install. Lol

No biggie you’ve got it working lol.

I feel your pain! I have the same issue. Patch is coming in a few days.

in the meantime, what I do is:

start game, play a mission (story or recruit mission), complete mission, fast travel somewhere using the in game map. Pause the game, quit to menu. Close the whole game and go to Xbox dashboard, hard close the game by pressing menu and quit on the game. Launch game again, and play some more. Repeat. Restarting the whole game takes about a minute because it loads fast.

Doing this you won’t lose any progress. You only lose progress when the game loses its “Ubisoft connection”, so when playing go to your pause menu (the one with the game options on top like tech, map etc), on the bottom right it should show Ubisoft stuff. IF it shows “NO SIGNAL” you have lost Everything you just did! Even trying to quit to menu when it says “NO SIGNAL” results in the game crashing.

As long as you quit to menu and close the game before it says “NO SIGNAL” you’re fine! Lol

edit: just want to add - the reason for fast travelling before quitting is to force the game to save.

Yeah mine said No Signal and I read that’s it losing it’s Ubisoft connection, and what f***s the saving up. Tried to exit to menu as some people say that forces it to save but it just froze mine.

Apparently if you play offline it works too!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yeah mine said No Signal and I read that’s it losing it’s Ubisoft connection, and what f***s the saving up. Tried to exit to menu as some people say that forces it to save but it just froze mine.

Apparently if you play offline it works too!

Yeah - once it says “no signal” you can’t quit without crashing!

Honda. Tesla Someday

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just dropped my controller off at a UPS drop point, pretty sure I have covid now. Why are the drop off points always the most undesirable most awful corner shops in the dodgiest of areas. I didn't even know York had shops that nasty. MS didn't even offer collection for it, service is a bit s**t overall.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Amazon have just had a fairly big restock, all gone within 10 mins

Mine is due in the 19th and I'm gonna be a c**t and re sell it [emoji849][emoji28]

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yeah I got the notification of Amazon stock, my Series X is arriving Friday but I have a friend who actually wants one so just gonna sell it to him.

Anyone still after one, get Telegram and setup StockInformer alerts via Telegram, worked great for me earlier.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still in for the box.com raffle as well so if I get picked for that I'll buy one as well [emoji23]

Wouldn't normally contemplate buying to sell on, But im Furloughed again and the length of time is taking for the employer to actually get the money after a claim is a piss take so we are behind on wages

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Quick one, Say I get cyberpunk on release, will my game save etc transfer over to the Series X when I want to and will I have to buy the game again or will it show up on the new console?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Speaking of CDKeys which Xbox live should I be buying? Some are cheaper than others, I’m still rocking my Xbox One S I won at the CS Festival.

They will be cheaper depending on what region they are. You can just use a VPN to activate it.

Reactions: Ben

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
used my xbox one x as a media for local content (via kodi) on my nas. wouldn't play the HDR files in HDR but would play them nonetheless.

the xbox series x just quits out of kodi! having to use VLC as a workaround for now! :(

Honda. Tesla Someday
Seems to be no word out of Ubisoft yet on when they plan on fixing it, just "soon". I really wanna play it :(

Early December - so any day now.

Quick one, Say I get cyberpunk on release, will my game save etc transfer over to the Series X when I want to and will I have to buy the game again or will it show up on the new console?

If you buy on Xbox One / One X etc etc, it will also work on Series X (including all your game saves etc). Once CDPR release the next-gen update next year, you will get that as a free upgrade.

Honda. Tesla Someday
used my xbox one x as a media for local content (via kodi) on my nas. wouldn't play the HDR files in HDR but would play them nonetheless.

the xbox series x just quits out of kodi! having to use VLC as a workaround for now! :(

Kodi needs an update on Xbox. Its been a bit meh for a while now. Plex has been decent for me.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Kodi needs an update on Xbox. Its been a bit meh for a while now. Plex has been decent for me.
i've found it ok, other than the HDR support. But i've always found plex a little slow! whether I use my PC as the server or install it directly to the NAS. Don't you find?

Honda. Tesla Someday
i've found it ok, other than the HDR support. But i've always found plex a little slow! whether I use my PC as the server or install it directly to the NAS. Don't you find?

Plex has been fine for me (apart from for 4K content).

The BEST app I have found so far for streaming 4K from a server is Emby (the Fire Stick 4K app) or even the Samsung TV Emby app.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
i'd disagree and say the best for streaming 4k from my server on was an nvidia shield tv pro running kodi, but i sent it back as i needed the money and running kodi from the xbox one was just as quick IMO, just lacking the HDR support.

i'm guessing your server is all hard wired with ethernet as is my xbox with cat 6 cable. It's rapid, plus the server itself is running 7200rpm WD drives (albeit i've only got 200gb of space left, so may need to do some drastic buying or housekeeping!)

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Plex has been fine for me (apart from for 4K content).

The BEST app I have found so far for streaming 4K from a server is Emby (the Fire Stick 4K app) or even the Samsung TV Emby app.
rhe other problem is pretty much all my content is 4k and HDR. even if it plays now and isn't HDR... i'm future proofing it for when I can lol (wont bother collecting SDR 4k content unless it's the only option)

Honda. Tesla Someday
i'd disagree and say the best for streaming 4k from my server on was an nvidia shield tv pro running kodi, but i sent it back as i needed the money and running kodi from the xbox one was just as quick IMO, just lacking the HDR support.

i'm guessing your server is all hard wired with ethernet as is my xbox with cat 6 cable. It's rapid, plus the server itself is running 7200rpm WD drives (albeit i've only got 200gb of space left, so may need to do some drastic buying or housekeeping!)

Ah yes, certainly the best would be the Shield TV Pro - I haven’t used that though. All my stuff is hardwired yes through various network switches etc :)

rhe other problem is pretty much all my content is 4k and HDR. even if it plays now and isn't HDR... i'm future proofing it for when I can lol (wont bother collecting SDR 4k content unless it's the only option)

4K HDR is just so HawT. Just watched the new remastered 4K HDR Lord of the Rings and it was freaking gorgeous!

clio 16v
4K HDR is just so HawT. Just watched the new remastered 4K HDR Lord of the Rings and it was freaking gorgeous!

So the 4K version of LOTR is good? Does it support Dolby Vision or just HDR10?

The other half has got me the 4K box sets of LOTR and the Hobbit for Xmas. Can't wait!