ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xp Gen Key

ff 182
a few day's ago i decided to format my desktop pc..instaled windows evry thing ok ,started it up then it gave me 28 days to register.tried doing it but then realised i cant find the cd key all tho its a genuine copy i cant regester it.. is there any other way round this so i can get rid of the 28 days other wise my pc will lock ...or dose it mean buying a new copy..thx

dk

911 GTS Cab
zack40 said:
a few day's ago i decided to format my desktop pc..instaled windows evry thing ok ,started it up then it gave me 28 days to register.tried doing it but then realised i cant find the cd key all tho its a genuine copy i cant regester it.. is there any other way round this so i can get rid of the 28 days other wise my pc will lock ...or dose it mean buying a new copy..thx
if its an oem copy you will have a sticker on the pc/laptop, if the sticker isn't there with the code on then you aren't licensed.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
not always the case ^

i got "CD KEY REGISTERED TOO MANY TIMES" before but what do they expect when you have shitting viruses so constantly format your pc. I rang them up and didnt even tell them my code, just said where i lived and then gave me a phone activation code!GG MICROSOFT

dk

911 GTS Cab
b3nje said:
not always the case ^

i got "CD KEY REGISTERED TOO MANY TIMES" before but what do they expect when you have shitting viruses so constantly format your pc. I rang them up and didnt even tell them my code, just said where i lived and then gave me a phone activation code!GG MICROSOFT
without the license you are not licensed though, the sticker on OEM machines is the license and if it is it not present as say it was a company and you were audited you would not be licensed for the software installed on that PC.

As a home user you are not going to be audited but without the sticker or another type of license the installation on the pc means nothing.

I guess when the original copy was activated you may have supplied your address which is why they asked that and then were able to generate a new key but without the actualy license the copy is still not a legal copy.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
why not protect your pc from virus's. iv not had any problems in years with decent AV and firewall.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Adams_16v said:
why not protect your pc from virus's. iv not had any problems in years with decent AV and firewall.
exactly, norton internet security, as much as it can be a pain on the odd occasion has never let a virus through!

*touching wood*

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Agree with Ad. A good software firewall and software anti-virus is more than adequate to protect a PC. Whilst also entertaining the fact that obviously you have to be aware of what you're doing.

If you browse "warez & p**n" websites, then obviously it is more likely you will pick up a virus. People need to be more aware of the type of website the surf, the types of files they accept over instant messaging clients and they type of crap they download in their emails.

After all is said and done, you can comprehensively secure your machine for £0. Yes - for free. Nudda to pay. All you gotta do is ensure you keep it up to date.

Not a Clio
dave182 said:
exactly, norton internet security, as much as it can be a pain on the odd occasion has never let a virus through!

*touching wood*

They said decent!

love you dave ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
ViolentJ said:
They said decent!

love you dave ;)
LOL, i get it free through work so i can't be bothered to pay for another one, as much as it can be a pain though as i said, its very good at protection, especially with some of the sites i go to..........

;)