ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XXX help

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Q1:

when you people wash/ seal and wax your car is your paint like that of a car in a showroom. ( i use extreme washnwax/ M-seal and XXX)
Mine isnt it, if i touch it u can see my finger print, i tried using less XXX, and still get the same problem, i work my ass off to buff it out, but it always seems to have a slight layer on it??

Q2: if i washed car 3 weeks ago and m sealed it twice and i want to wash it tomw do u have to seal it again or can i just wax it?

106 GTi
Not sure what you mean in Q1, are you getting a haze left over after waxing?

Q2 - Just wash and quick detail, maybe throw a coat of wax on if you have time.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
sorry its not a haze it looks nice from a distance but when u go close up it feels like a greased baking tray

Q2: will Chemical guys synthetic detailer do?is there anything to use in between washes that gives a little more gloss but good protection?

106 GTi
Did you clay and polsih the car before sealant and wax?

The Chemical guys synthetic detailer is a great option to add gloss, to add some more protection and gloss, maybe look at the CG Speed Wipe.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
yeah i did, just seems to have a layer, maybe im not removing it properly, just hard to know how much is too much as its a big tub? if i run my finger along it ,, you can see where its been, really pissin me off

106 GTi
Hard to know if your using to much, a swipe of the tub should be enough to do a door/wing or half or quarter of the bonnet. Apply nice and thin.

Try buffing the car after the wax with a clean MF towel, and/or quick detail it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
not too thick but xxx is hard so it got into blobs on panels

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
when i dry the car i use synthetic detailer, if my car gets a little bit dusty, can you just wet the car and detail it?wont particles of grime scratch it?

106 GTi
when i dry the car i use synthetic detailer, if my car gets a little bit dusty, can you just wet the car and detail it?wont particles of grime scratch it?

No subsitute for a proper wash IMO. Ok on light dust.

Can be used while drying.

not too thick but xxx is hard so it got into blobs on panels

Use your fingers to warm the wax slightly.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
thank you, time to get my broken hand out of cast and wax my bith properly

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i think i can best describe it as a residue, i think maybe im using too much synth detailer??? ill try and take a photo of it tonite