ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

y0z2aSport 172/182 Brake Kit

Right, seeing as loads of people have been after my brakes recently, I decided to put the stuff together and make it into a kit.

After testing loads of different pads and disks (standard, and other kits) I have decided to put together a combination of all of the "best bits" The package is aimed at Track and fast road users. You can use standard Calipers, these are available seperately, as are all of the various components of the package. The improvement is immense, eliminating brake fade, and giving a vastly improved stopping time allowing later and heavier braking.

looks as though the Kit will consist of:

Performance Friction 97 Front Pads
Brembo Clio 172 Front Discs (not OEM Brembo Discs)
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines

Cost will be around £275 including delivery.

Any comments - positive and negative.

The Cobra seat packages will be available soon.

/y0z

E90

Looks good value to me, just a shame Im not allowed to fiddle with my car :(

P.S Not getting in with you at the ring, unless youve got a parachute fixed to the back. LOL

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Can you do a kit for the williams y0z ?

Me and gaztwo are in the market for a good setup.

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive driven the car with these and been driven in it many times.

To give you an idea of how good these are from 110mph (not on public roads) y0z was able to stomp the pedal and the speed just disappeared. Thank god for his harnesses. LOL

Quote: Originally posted by northy on 20 January 2005Can you do a kit for the williams y0z ?Me and gaztwo are in the market for a good setup.

I will certainly look at it next week.

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 1/20/2005 12:08:02 PM]

Lionel Richie

plain discs Little Newms, no need for drilled or grooved (ask yoz to show you pics of the grooved discs hes tested in the past LMAO!!!!)

Hitach were running just DOT4 fluid, again no need to go for anything else TBH

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

yes....front disks, rears disks (mines abs) pads, fluid and shiney hoses please.

Lionel Richie

price should be with you in the next 24hrs northy, but be warned, myself and yozza are out on a bender tonight, so forgive us if we forget, itll be due to a hangover

yeah cant fault the brembo discs and goodridge hoses im running these with the mintex 1144 pads , got no complaints

Yoz, need a set NOW... will phone tonight or can you ring when available as I need them asap for the 12th track day! Need to get them bedded in asap!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Hi all,

Just got back from Chris172Cups place, where he and his friend very very kindly have fitted the y0z2aSport Brake Kit to my Clio Cup 172.

Now running Brembo front disks and the Friction Performance "Gut Buster" pads.

The pads take some warming up when you first get them on, ask y0z for a guided info on how to do it. This is very important because until then you have to be very careful.

But once they have been thoroughly warmed up the stopping power is immense. 70mph to 0 is just insane, you can feel the pads bite and then its like they are hungry wolves and just bite bite bite. You can just feel your guts slam into the back of your ribs as velocity is lost like nothing youve felt before.

My Cup now stops stronger, harder and quicker than my old Golf that had ABS. I can safely say at 100mph I could stand on these brakes without a care in the world and they would stop me quicker than youd think.

Totally amazing!

***** (5 stars)

yes, will work on a 182, pmd my number call me tomorrow pm.

we were out testing them at bruntingthorpe yesterday with the kumho tryes, and they were amazing, I did 300 miles and fred did about 75 and neither of us got brake fade, and we were trying...

:)

/y0z

am sorting out fella.

will take a day or two as i dont have the bits for the williams yet ;-)

:-D

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 1/24/2005 11:18:08 AM]

[Edited by y0z2a on 1/24/2005 11:19:10 AM]

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 24 January 2005

neither of us got brake fade, and we were trying...
i was doing more than trying, i was driving your car as if id just nicked it!!!!!!!

Seriously, these brakes are AMAZING, they withstood 350miles of seriously HARD driving round Brunters (in 1 day!!!!!), not 1 slight hint of fade etc!!!!

ask Yozza for Video evidence!!!!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Ive ordered a kit, looking forward to finding out just how good they are for myself :D

seat package sounds interesting hope this includes and airbag fix ! if only instructions and not that you will do it.

Suspension package would be nice but you would have to set it up for me as installation is fine but the settings i would most probably find confusing.

what you really need to think about is a base of operations where people can come to get their stuff installed and setup.

--Phill--

Weeman sucks ****

Make sure the bearings and cog (teeth) bit are in the rear discs or you wont be able to fit them!

[Edited by CHRIS172CUP on 1/25/2005 9:53:40 AM]
If you get rears aswell that is.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Out of interest, how useable are these pads on the road? I dont necessarily intend to use them day to day, but are they ok for driving to / from a circuit?

What do you do y0z? Do you run them on the road too?

I do fella. They squeak a bit at low speed, but stopping power is immense. They are designed for track use, but I use them as a fast road application, so no problems for me.

I am awaiting pads to be delivered at the moment, will get them sorted and contact you over the next few days

:)

/y0z

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Cool, sounds good.

Not a problem if they squeak a bit, just reminds you they are there to be used :eek:)

What fluid are you using? Super DOT 4?

Lionel Richie

DOT 4, we found no need to go for anything else

350miles of serious track work in a day and not 1 bit of fade = it works

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 25 January 2005

what you really need to think about is a base of operations where people can come to get their stuff installed and setup.
Im the Yozzasport Technician, all fitting is done by me, Base is in Solihull (south of Birmingham)