ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

y0z2aSport 172/182 Brake Kit

Quote: Originally posted by northy on 25 January 2005
do they need warming up before max bite is found then ?

The 172 ones dont need you to trail brake.

they bite very well as they are. I want the same compound for the willy / 16v but may have to get them made up

/y0z

dk

911 GTS Cab

what brake fluid is in the 182 as standard as i was told by my dealer to upgrade mine after the trackdays i did as i apparently ruined it?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 25 January 2005

what brake fluid is in the 182 as standard as i was told by my dealer to upgrade mine after the trackdays i did as i apparently ruined it?
DOT 4 dave. Dealers dont know sh*t, you dont need anything more than DOT 4 (which is what we run in our cars)

you know how hard Yoz drives (i drive as hard if not harder than him) we were trying as hard as we could to get the brakes to fade, and they just didnt!!!!

OK all,

Kits are very close to being for sale now, prices may fluctuate very slightly but only based on the postage costs.

Williams / 16v Kit I will be putting together finalised prices, and probably getting Northy to test at Oulton Park (he doesnt know about this yet, as I want to test a new pad out, which is almost an identical compound to the Performance Friction Pads).

Lines will be here for the middle of next week, Plenty of stock at the moment - 11 sets of Goodridge braided lines for the 172/182, 5 sets for the Williams / Clio 16V and others for other cars - Cooper S & Type-rs. All the lines are the full stainless steel versions, rather than the zinc plated lines - so they will not corrode / rust etc.

Will have a finalised price sometime at the start of next week, as I said, its just a matter of getting the postage sorted.

:)

/y0z

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

:D class.....

Well ive just bought some £10 lucas (GSF) pads for the track day yoz....was going to fit them this weekend to get them bed in but on my old disks. Wont bother now.

Just to let you know that I have tried Yozs car and they braking on his car was stupidly hard. I pressed down my usual amount that I would in the 172 and sent the car into power slide *I didnt tell him this tho :D*

I have put the discs and pads on my car and already the stopping power is coming through after about 25 miles.... I have been wearing them in by some left foot breaking!!

Cant wait til they are fully bedded in! Will vouch for the brake set up so far - will keep people updated with the results!

Have to post a big big thanks to Fred, Yozza and friend with the Copper Grease.

After the muppet garage decided to mess up the fitment of the brakes - these guys spent 4hrs correcting it from 10pm to 2am last night/this morning!

Very grateful for their efforts - Cheers guys! (y)

No worries Ceredig,

Braided hoses have arrived today, will bring a set along to Oulton Park as discussed.

So am just finalising the prices for shipping on 24hr delivery from order and we will be away.

Currently putting together other packages for the 16V / Williams, Civic Type R and Mini Coopers & (S)

Just getting more kits shipped out today.

Nic & Jon_r- you should get yours tomorrow :)

thanks,

/y0z

oh, and y0z2asport.co.uk will be live soon for online ordering with cards :)

Quote: Originally posted by NikC172 on 25 January 2005
Is that at the famous Freds Garage ? :p

all sent today mate on 24 hour delivery.

/y0z

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

so what disks and pads did you end up getting Nik

Y0z - im still intrested mate...need to get through this and next month then on the 15th of march ill be placing my order. :D

And fred...will u be able to fit me in for a alloy refurb aswell ?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 February 2005

Nic did you fit the small stainless steel pad guides?
Stainless steel pad guides? Do you mean the ones that come on the car as standard or was I missing something with my order? :confused:

The ones that are on there as standard, I had to remove in order to fit halfords pads as an emergency after the last track day. The halfords branded pads for the 172 / 182 wont fit without removing the guides.

Never even thought about putting them back on for these actually, but I doubt the pads would have fitted with them on.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Having been on a trackday with these brakes today I would like to make one comment.....

BUY THESE BRAKES! :eek::D

Full review to follow......

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by NikC172 on 05 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 February 2005

Nic did you fit the small stainless steel pad guides?
Stainless steel pad guides? Do you mean the ones that come on the car as standard or was I missing something with my order? :confused:

The ones that are on there as standard, I had to remove in order to fit halfords pads as an emergency after the last track day. The halfords branded pads for the 172 / 182 wont fit without removing the guides.

Never even thought about putting them back on for these actually, but I doubt the pads would have fitted with them on.

they dont do much IMO doent matter if you did or didnt

glad to see you liked them!!!!!!

Having been on a trackday with these brakes today I would like to make one comment.....

BUY THESE BRAKES!

Full review to follow......

Quite Good arent they? ;-)

Am very pleased that you like.

Northy - Got a Pagid Race Pad arrived on Friday for the 16v / Williams. Am sorting out Group N disks on monday.

:-D

/y0z

[Edited by y0z2a on 2/6/2005 8:12:41 PM]

Having sat next to Nik at various times of the day, I was amazed at the performance of these brakes.

Nik still could of braked at least 50 metres later on some parts of the circuit than he did.

I will be purchasing some of these myself in the near future judging by Saturdays performance :D

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Day172 on 07 February 2005

Having sat next to Nik at various times of the day, I was amazed at the performance of these brakes.

Nik still could of braked at least 50 metres later on some parts of the circuit than he did.

I will be purchasing some of these myself in the near future judging by Saturdays performance :D
I believe your comment was "These brakes are f**king excellent arent they!" :D

I agree, I could still have braked later for quite a few of the corners. After running with the standard brakes on previous days, it takes a bit of courage to brake that much later.

The problem I found was i having to brake earlier a lot of the time because the car in front was. Those damn GT3 RSs just brake to early ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Illusion on 07 February 2005
Yoz any more news on the 16V/Willy kits???

News On the Willy / 16V kits.

I am awaiting discs to fit the different ABS/non ABS variants, and then will be able to move I hope.

:)

/y0z

Lionel Richie

bump

(the "incident" at oulton park is unrelated to the brake kit before anyone asks!!! heavy rain + cut slicks + my right foot = ouch!!)

not a clio anymore

I have a dumb question still:
do ht ekit fit on 15s (I guess it does cos I seem to remember Yoz drives on 15s on track but just to make sure).

When are my disc going to wear out?... (I do need a good excuse to get budget approval ;) )

Yozza

Are these discs bigger than the stadard disc. If so by how much?

and how do they work with Ktec racing EBC Kevlar fast road pads?

and finally, how much for just the discs ?

Regards

Jonathan

as per conversation :-D

See you tonight with them fella.

Discs are standard size, They are Brembo Group N discs, should work fine with the EBCs but not as well as some of the performance pads like pagid and PF.

/y0z

yes good news - hoping to get all the stock for the middle of next week.

give me a bell in the middle of next week mate will be working on the website / online ordering to get it all live in the next 14 days hopefully.

Working on y0z2aSport BrakeKits for the following cars:

Clio 1.2/1.4/1.6/V6 (both MK1s/MK2s/MK3s)
BMW Mini One/Cooper/Cooper S/
Honda Civic/Integra

These are all going to be given a bean rating:

Full beans (fast road and track): 5/5 down to One Bean (pootling about/standard replacement for OEM parts) 1/5

Four Pot kits will be available from a very re-known manufacturer.

SeatKits we are working on as much as possible, with lots of interesting OEM relacements without going for full harnesses / full non-adjustable buckets)

So I am working very hard - especially on becoming the sole UK distributor/Importer for some VERY interesting engine modifications.

The long-term plan of what we are looking at doing is engine swaps with a funky replace it feature with the engines guarenteed for 12 months.

Menu Idea works as follows:

Engine - Basic Cost (TBC)
y0z2aSport Cams
Management
Loom
Headwork/Inlet/Exhaust work
Induction/Throttle Bodies etc.
Steel bottom end
flywheel
clutch
gearboxes

The engines will be set up and dynod so you will know exactly what you are getting - it will arrive on a pallet and will be fitted to your car by one of our "recommended garages" the reason being is - sure, you can fit it yourself, but how do we know you didnt wreck the engine putting it in. Also the warranty side will have conditions and all that, but we are confident in the whole thing, and think that it is what people want. IE, some people will want certain kit, others will want other brands - we aim to offer the customer the best of all worlds if that makes sense.

/y0z

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7957819757&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:UK:1Clio 172/182/Cup Brake Kit - Buy It

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

How do DS 2500 pads compare to the PF ones ? Also do you recommend the same kit for the rear or is it not necessary ?

The DS2500 pads are not as agressive as either the Pagid RS19/29 or the PF option. The idea of this kit is very very good stopping power. The DS2500 is a very good pad, but will be the pad on our 4 bean package.

rear is not necessary, standard discs and pads are what we have been using / playing with fancy (looking) discs.

/y0z

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Boooo

Wheres me abs ones.

Y0z...can you also look at a budget buy for the williams road / occasional track use pads aswell. Were talking mega money on them pads you showed me mate....lol