ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yellow Mk1 Clio After Trax....

Had a good play with you in the Corsa! Said you had it on vid? :)

Cant remember your forum name sorry! You certainly prooved that stripping your car of weight pays off! I had 3 peeps in and a boot reemed full of tools/trollyjack etc and when we both got side by side yuo were closer that I though you would get!

Fair play mate, top TOP car!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah was me, i didnt think you recognised me at the time! lol

but im sure youll know when you read this...!

The corsa is awesome, very fuking fast, believe it or not but not very many cars can easily beat the yellow beast, but 325bhp in a corsa is insane lol! I was prepared for a pasting when i saw the intercooler.

Iv got some footage, but only when you were in front from about l10 to my limiter which is l31. i need to get it off the cam, and i wasnt sure about putting it up doin silly speeds with ur plate in full view!

When you come to flog that car mate, let me know!!!! seriously!

Car stands me at less than £7,500 I think! But no way Id sell for less than £8,500. Too much fun! And Id need to replace it with something crackers!

I would reply in the other thread but Im not a member anymore (though I still have the Clio, maybe I should rejoin!) so its locked for me....

Would of been nice to race with just me and no crap in the car, even things up a bit!

Cars off the road for a short while now. Need to re-bleed the brakes, and find where there is a tiny leak of brake fluid. Putting a new fuel tank on. Ive done the syncro in second gear, so the box needs to come to bits. Got a new bottom end and bigger injectors to go in. After that when Ive run it round for a bit Im considering going for Cossie Management, should see me hit 350bhp with less boost than Im running now!

Had the car (not with me driving lol) to within about 200-300rpm of the limiter in 6th, which with 195/45/16s is 186mph! Fook. Reckon must of been 175-178mph. Think with a long enough stretch it would hit limiter, but were talking a good few miles!

Very impressed with yours matey! And thats a very good 1/4 mile time! A mate with a Punto with a Fiat Coupe Engine in can only get 14.0 @ 99mph, so your really doing well!

Please get the vids up, really would be good if you could hide the plates though LOL

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

ill work on the video mate!

if it had been a bit more even then ud have really battered me lol, altho how much do the corsas weigh in at?

mine hits the limiter at 131 in 5th which is a pain in the ass, altho i very very rarely go anywhere near that speed anyway so its not too bad lol

as for 1/4 miling, with the short gearing, iv got to change to 5th about 15 yards before the line costing valuable tenths of seconds hehe. I reckon its got it in it to better a 14.1 :p

mint car mate!

[Edited by Adams_16v on 07 September 2004 at 8:44am]

What box are you running then? Think without that gearchange you would hit the 13s!

My best is 13.5 @ 108mph, but I spin for ages, it just wont launch! If I had an LSD it would drop my times I think.

Think my car must be at least a tonne with an empty boot and nobody in.

When the vid is done, email it me to mailto:timrud@btinternet.com">timrud@btinternet.com if you can please?

Thanks again!

Tim

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

its a williams box, with standard rev limit at the mo, should top out 10mph quicker than it does though, only thing i can think of is 45 profile tyres!

altho im positive on the rolling road it hit 145 in 5th!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by timrud on 08 September 2004

Any other longer boxes you can stick in it? 1.9d maybe?

Any progress on the vids yet?
TheJesus had one of these boxes in his Willy and it killed the acceleration a bit...reallllly long gearing 137 in 4th IIRC.

But if you have enough power (or a lack of weight in Adams16v case), you can overcome that.

Im sure a diesel box is cheap as chips anyway, so you could try it, and if you dont like it bin it!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

well i very rarely wanna be doin them speeds anyway so im ok as it is at the mo, its how fast it gets there that interests me hehe

the car is 180bhp and weighs 880kg, so the power to weight is pretty good! well more than a mk2 V6, scooby T, S2000 hehe!

vid, im still finding and installing vid software! recently rebuilt my pc like, nowt on it!

Yes I do use MSN - mailto:timrud@hotmail.com">timrud@hotmail.com

Ill be on after work. What time will you be on?

Failing that email mailto:timrud@btinternet.com">timrud@btinternet.com that account should accept a file that size!

Cheers mate!