ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet another spacer thread....

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I will keep this brief as I don't want to repeat others. I've searched loads on this and had many of my questions answered. I've fitted H&R spacers front and rear (10mm) non hub centric with longer bolts.

Now here's the issue I get wobble at speed and I've come to to find out it could be s**t between the spacer and wheel or that it might not be Aligned correctly? Which is fine, but what I wanted to know was what way do the spacers sit? With the lip towards the hub or the lip towards the wheel? I fitted mine with the lip towards the hub which I assume was correct? I didn't know wether that would effect the balance. Also I fitted longer bolts apart from my locking nut. Would that effect the balance?

Any help guys I'd really appreciate!

Rob.

182cup & 172 racecar
Lip? is this lip the same size as the center of the wheel, if so it should be out towards the wheel surely.

182cup & 172 racecar
410HR10264601.jpg

This lip goes to the outside, wheel side. You put it on the hub so this is how it faces you.

172 track car
If the spacer is flat one side this goes against the hub then as tony says the lip is to centralise the wheel

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
410HR10264601.jpg

This lip goes to the outside, wheel side. You put it on the hub so this is how it faces you.

Haha shite! Mine are around the wrong way then! The lip fits perfectly in the hub so that's why I assumed it went on that way.... Maybe that's why I'm getting the wobble?

Cheers Tony!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Now that I'm sat here pondering on it. (Blonde moment) I'm pretty sure I've fitted these with the lip facing out towards the wheel. Am I right in saying the hub has a lip anyway and the spacer sits over that? Not the other way round?

It's been a long bloody day, and I'm far too tired to be thinking about these things! Spacers.......

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Does the spacer fit flat to the hub?

Yeah Tony now I'm thinking about it I fitted the spacer over the lip of the hub (flat side to the hub) it's a nice snug fit.

I fitted these 3 weeks ago and have just come back from my bloody honey moon! So after driving the car today and feeling the wobble that's why I've started doubting what I had done!

No way anyone in their right mind would fit them the wrong way round (you'd have a on air gap for the bolts to go through lol!!)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
No way anyone in their right mind would fit them the wrong way round (you'd have a on air gap for the bolts to go through lol!!)

I've realised this now mate, cheers! Like I said after the time between me fitting the spacers and siring the car again, the wobbling made me doubt my fitment! Will try and remedy it this week.