ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

****YORK PICS****

MINI Cooper S
Went to York today with Guy in the vx, had a good day, caught the sun on my face! :) Was stood taking photo's most of the day, Guy did a few runs in the vx. Was a lad off here there with a black 172, didnt know your name or forum name though, identify yourself! Check the pics, comments welcome :)

http://www.d4nn3h.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=1690

mk4 golf gttdi180
you now on these meets do you get to race the same engine sizes eg get put in catagories with 1.0 upto 1.6 etc and how much was that

my first run of the day....
launched at about 2k and fried my clutch.

14.7 seconds at 80mph.. woop!! lol

so had 2 just start rolling normally, then floor it once going. still got clutch slip but managed to get 12.95, 12.98 and some low 13s
one run i just rolled over the line as the clutch was slippin that bad and still got a 13.8. lol

on the way there i did have the clutch slip once in 5th gear which worried me.
on way home i couldnt even put my foot down at all, in any gear, else it just slipped. got a new clutch sat at home waiting to go in but its a huge expensive job so not having it done just yet.

couldnt belive york have put their prices up AGAIN

25 quid to run
10 to get in. they musta made a fortune today. and none of it will be spent on the site itself. grrr.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
my first run of the day....
launched at about 2k and fried my clutch.

14.7 seconds at 80mph.. woop!! lol

so had 2 just start rolling normally, then floor it once going. still got clutch slip but managed to get 12.95, 12.98 and some low 13s

on the way there i did have the clutch slip once in 5th gear which worried me.
on way home i couldnt even put my foot down at all, in any gear, else it just slipped. got a new clutch sat at home waiting to go in but its a huge expensive job so not having it done just yet.

12s gotta be pleased with that eh? What 60ft times etc?

Oh and yeah they put the prices up last year to 25 to run...scandalous! imo

MINI Cooper S
Guy's vx hit 2x 12.9sec at 112mph, but his clutch was dieing so no burnout to warm tires, and a rolling start. Guy will probably fill you in on what the Scirrocco was hitting, i was hungover all day and wasnt taking much notice! haha (just had 2 hours sleep now). There was a mini + beatle shootout, some of them things were stupidly fast... i am sure i herd a few 10's mentioned.

christian ream, yes they organise the cars into category's, like 2lt engines, 2lt with turbo or nitrous (i dont know exactly how they work the category's out but its something like that!), 4wd. Its £10 to get in, and £25 to sign on for unlimited runs.

Glacier White 197 Cup
For a second there i thought someone had nicked my car!! Nice 172. He has some very good taste on his alloy option:

432996171_007275d9fd_b.jpg

i'll post full timing details tomorrow when am at home. i said before i left i was hoping for 12s.. after i did that first run i thought if i launch it easy.. high 13s was gonna be achieveable. but managed to dip into the 12s twice so was chuffed with that.

got a 2.1/2.2 ish i think which cant be very good for a rwd car as i wasnt launching at all

i was there yesterday too. the track surface was terrible for launching! i was on semi slicks and couldnt get better than a 2.3 60ft!!

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Cool pics. saw the Twin engined dark red old mini, jag xj and the yellow hillman last year :) did the jag drive home again with his slick dragster wheels on ;)

martin...

quickest 60foot time was 2.168

but my fastest run was

1.091 reaction (s**t but doesnt count)
2.226 60ft (must be s**t especially for rwd car?)
8.520 1/8 ET
85.92 1/8 mph
12.952 1/4 ET
112.28 1/4 MPH

Guy yea was mine with roll cage. Just been watchin our video footage, i have your fastest run on film, will post it up later.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
What power you running now mate....yours really has some pull over the last 1/8 looking at that....those are fwd 60 ft times I think most would be aiming for a 1.9 or so in a powerful rwd.
martin...

quickest 60foot time was 2.168

but my fastest run was

1.091 reaction (s**t but doesnt count)
2.226 60ft (must be s**t especially for rwd car?)
8.520 1/8 ET
85.92 1/8 mph
12.952 1/4 ET
112.28 1/4 MPH

its 259bhp

courtenaypower.jpg

but more importantly 270lbft of torque! and the torque curve is pretty flat

courtenaytorque.jpg

yeah i thought 2.2 was a typical good fwd launch, i had to basically roll it as if i was driving normally at normal rpm then get past the wee bit of lag and then go for it. (sure if anyone else was spectacting they can vouch for my granny launches ;))

got a clutch and billet flywheel sat here waiting to be fitted but gonna get it done at the same time as my chargecooler which is on order.

hoping for an 11 later on in the year with some r888's (due to arrive next week) and 295ishbhp/300+lbft??

Guy yea was mine with roll cage. Just been watchin our video footage, i have your fastest run on film, will post it up later.

awesome mate thanks! aslong as it wasnt one of the 13second runs with the fluffed gearchanges .. :eek:

what times was you running? car looked sweet

i did have my video camera but it stayed in my boot, shoulda took the bullet cam really but couldnt be arsed. lol

MINI Cooper S
Yea he said it was busy, he hasn't signed on in his 106 rallye though like he has been banging on about all week, i knew he wouldn't lol.

That bloke in the ibiza was sick when you beat him, could just tell when we was talking to him afterwords! haha

awesome mate thanks! aslong as it wasnt one of the 13second runs with the fluffed gearchanges .. :eek:

what times was you running? car looked sweet

i did have my video camera but it stayed in my boot, shoulda took the bullet cam really but couldnt be arsed. lol

fastest of the day was a 13.6 which is unbelievable that was the cars slowest time on road tyres, slippin clutch and only 1bar of boost at pod!!
All the starlet drivers got called into the tower coz they knew we werent happy with track etc etc.
Were going Shakespeare on 21st April hopefully break into the twelves fastest run so far was 13.4 at pod again on road tyres and 1bar of boost, now on semi slicks at front and 1.6 bar!
Will try upload vids tonight (it is your fastest time im sure) didnt get chance last night.

yeh in all fairness that mr2 was crazy! 11secs most of day and even usually he said its a ten sec car! york was bad for traction for the torquey cars!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
from that.. my 0-100mph time must be somehwere around 10 seconds id guess?
Just mashed together some figures to get close to your 1/4 time....if I put in the actual figures you should be doing 12.5

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 243.85
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.71
0 - 100 (Secs) : 10.69
60 - 100 (Secs) : 5.98
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.95
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 110.05
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.85
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 111.29

ah... just put the figures in that calculator. see what youve done there. pretty close using actual figures anyway!

my cars 930kg (heavy turbo engine)

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 282.97
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.24
0 - 100 (Secs) : 10.43
60 - 100 (Secs) : 6.19
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.58
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 109.82
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.48
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 111.11

i thought if i could launch right i woulda been 12.5's so seems about right!