ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You 'avin a laugh ...

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
..... quoted for a 24k service today at reg vardy, the place i bought the car...... wait for it...................... £289 !!i was nearly sick. She tried to justify it by stating it was all inclusive !! my eyes aswell i think!!!:eek: what a joke!!:mad: Independant for me from now on like

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
wish there was a macks in the northeast!!! I can't think of anywhere that will do it at a reasonable price around where i live!!!

Scirocco GT 210
I'm assuming a 24k service is the same as a 48k service (both minor)? I paid £90 for mine :approve: £289 is mad! That's more than I paid to have my cambelt changed!

i have got my 36k service due and renault quoted me £396.17, thata whitehouse maidstone, he very quickly heard the dial tone lol

Clio 172 mk2
24 should include the brake fluid and coolant change so I'd expect to pay a bit more than the 12.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Maz said:
I paid £140 iirc for my 24k service :) shopping around always gets you a better price.

Was that a renault dealer? or independant? I really need to shop around! lol

T

titch

me dad owns a garage an im a mechanic so i do it my self and just pay for parts at trade prices :D

£249 from Renault York (Clifton Moor) for a 10k service. Did I look like I was smoking crack?

Needless to say I wet myself, had a go in the 182 Racing Blue with stipes and buggered off down the road.

monaco blue 172 ..
crazycup said:
..... quoted for a 24k service today at reg vardy, the place i bought the car...... wait for it...................... £289 !!i was nearly sick. She tried to justify it by stating it was all inclusive !! my eyes aswell i think!!!:eek: what a joke!!:mad: Independant for me from now on like
Do the service yourself mate it will be alot cheaper. oil filter, air filter,pollen filter ,and oil ,45mins max and ya sorted ....which reg vardy was it by the way?

80MPG BEEZA
dont know why people dont do these things themselves any numpty can do an oil change-coolant change- i wouldnt advise newbs doing brake fluid change but its not hard

monaco blue 172 ..
suppose it depends on weather ya want a maindealer stamp in ya book, but i suppose it helps if ya dad works for renault:approve:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I paid £205 for 36k inc aux belt.

That was with me supplying my own oil.

If not it'd have been £281 (they charge £76 for oil!).

Benfield Renault - Heworth, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear.

Megane Mk4
I paid £50 for the first service and I paid £50 for the second

Mines had 2 oil changes already since new, (both mobil one excellium oil) had replacement filters (oil/Air/pollen) on both services and that included stamp in book from independant garage. Only reason why it's been so cheap is because the wife works for the company that service it, plus I get the oem renault parts at trade too.

Got it made ;)

monaco blue 172 ..
Andi-b said:

Mines had 2 oil changes already since new, (both mobil one excellium oil) had replacement filters (oil/Air/pollen) on both services and that included stamp in book from independant garage. Only reason why it's been so cheap is because the wife works for the company that service it. :D

Got it made ;)
paid £0, got all filters and the renault elf excellium oil,with a nice renault stamp in my book:rasp: lol

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
crazycup said:
Do the service yourself mate it will be alot cheaper. oil filter, air filter,pollen filter ,and oil ,45mins max and ya sorted ....which reg vardy was it by the way?

Was reg vardy in Sunderland .. certainly wont be going there!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
crazycup said:

you'll feel it when you sell it and it aint got a stamp!!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

Mines had 2 oil changes already since new, (both mobil one excellium oil) had replacement filters (oil/Air/pollen) on both services and that included stamp in book from independant garage. Only reason why it's been so cheap is because the wife works for the company that service it, plus I get the oem renault parts at trade too.

Got it made ;)

didn't think the air filter needed changing until something like 70k miles??

got quoted £230 from renault cardiff,£195 james and jenkins and £140 at Macks

Reno Swansea is the same franchise as Cardiff and they do a minor Service for £190. I have had issues with them in the past as they did not appear to have a clue, but I took the car in last week as the ESP and Service lights were coming on after about 20 motorway miles and the heat shield was rattling.

AMAZINGLY they fixed it, a new member of staff was pleasant to deal with explained what they had done, etc.

I thought I must have been somewhere else!!