ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

You when you crap yourself when you think somethings wrong with your car

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
and especially when your skint?

How nice is it when there isn't anything wrong! :)

Saw a little bit of liquid under the car when I moved out of a parking space today, Nooooo I thought not now what the hell?!?!

Did the old dip and lick test, hmm water, just water..

Well that rules out oil, waterpump, coolant leak, washer bottle, I'm puzzled.

Then I realised its warm, cars on auto climate, aircons been on for the first time in weeks...

Ahhhhh!

So to say I was relieved was an understatement - you gotta love condensation ;)

Alright for some, I've had mine about a month now and not even driven it :dapprove: coming out of the garage this week!

DB.

BMW 440i
Im trying to quickly get out my overdraft, have to pay £20 to sort out the CV joint tomorrow and my locking wheel nut won't budge on the back left, but that's staying until a tyre is punctured or i change wheels in a few months!

Lucky sod, but you may have jinxed yourself!

DCi 100
Not really, it's more a side of disapointment and let down.

I've pretty much always got enought spare cash to fix whatever happens, and don't need the car anyways so, not much fuss.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It does feel like someone is already inside your wallet getting money before you eevn know what's wrong!

White clique
The one that gets me is when you can smell burning and you are never sure if its from the outside or under your bonnet!

Nothing at the mo :(
The one that gets me is when you can smell burning and you are never sure if its from the outside or under your bonnet!

haha im not the only one

Who if i hear a creek/knock.. i know its french but im like "dam this is gonna costttt me loadsss" lol

53 Clio's & counting
Mines been in my garage for 2 weeks now, going out for a thrash tonight, listen to the noise only itbs can make :approve:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

lol!

Actually this is so true, especially in this weather, omfg whats that?! burning!?!?

The other is bad smells inside the car, omg is that the car or outside? window down sniff sniff sniff...

White clique
lol!

Actually this is so true, especially in this weather, omfg whats that?! burning!?!?

The other is bad smells inside the car, omg is that the car or outside? window down sniff sniff sniff...

tee hee, and when it happens there is always one unhelpful person in the car who says "can you smell burning?" and you have to play it casual so they dont think you have bought a dud car and say "no, can't smell anything" :cry:

I've not been able to drive my car for a week due to plugs/leads causing it to misfire :( I probably could get away with driving it if I needed to but I don't want to compound the problem any further. Couldn't get it booked in to be sorted until wednesday.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
The other day mine got very hot behind me and i smelt burning which was worrying!

Remembered after that i had just painted my de-cats with VHT paint so was just that...

None
About a month after i got my car i went out for a drive (which was last year now) and on the hottest day of the year too, came up to a corner in a country lane and put my foot on the brakes................nothing happened!, straight to the floor, after s**tting myself i took the car back to where i got it and they said it probably had the original brake fluid in and it had boiled in the caliper causing air bubbles......they bled it through and everything was fine :D

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Im coming up to 12 months of ownership now and bar the top gearbox mount its been faultless for 9k and it gets a good bit of s**t here and there. I can honestly say im amazed its been this good, before i bought the car i was on this site doing a little research and several times thought about buying something else.

Still makes me grin, but i need some bodies on it!
:D

I thought my house was on fire the other night. Could smell burning but no idea where from. Even went in the attic to investigate. I used my nose to follow the scent like a blood hound.

A bloody fly had landed on the lamp and was frying.

When I realised I was so releaved.

Edit. Gah not car related. Well, this is a car forum.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Again not car related, but got into work the other morning and could smell a weird electrical smell.

Couldn't worl out what it was for ages, then I'd worked it out.

The security guards stick all the desk fans on in the morning to shift the air about a bit. They hadn't noticed that on the desk infront of mine the guy who sits there had stuck a pencil through the cage around the fan stopping the blades from turning.

The smell was the motor burning itself out :p

e92 330i
lol!

So im not the only person who does the window down, sniff sniff.....must be the car infront (hopefully) thing!!

DB.

BMW 440i
Im trying to quickly get out my overdraft, have to pay £20 to sort out the CV joint tomorrow and my locking wheel nut won't budge on the back left, but that's staying until a tyre is punctured or i change wheels in a few months!

Lucky sod, but you may have jinxed yourself!

Got mine all sorted alot simpler than i thought and the locking wheel nut came out quickly with Fred's drill :)

Feel relieved now and just have to get the MOT out the way in 2 weeks, should pass tbf.