ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Young Drivers, Read this, Silly insurance price inside (LOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  R5 GTT EFI Clio.
I got a quote from Adrian Flux, of 1095, Fully comp, on my 1.2 8V 2002 Clio, Thought this was good, considering i know some of my mates are paying 1500 and more for the same car!..

Mum had a chat with Admerial? (SP?)

Mum down as proposer, Me and dad as named drivers, all fully comp, was bang on 300 quid, including the charges ontop for paying monthly! thats with cover car, 13000 miles a year, and 300 Excess!

Well chuffed!

Well worth giving Admerial a ring!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
But your only a named driver, which means the policy is not in your name.

Which means your not generating NCB. so in turn will be out of pocket in the long run.

Also is the car your mams? does she drive it most?...Fronting much.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Yes it is hers. We all share it, and it dont matter about the NCB, it will drop and drop as my age goes up anyway, probs not alot, but il have a decient job so its not a worry then is it.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
So you dont own a car then, sure you mam likes modding her car.

So really the title should be "you look how cheap my mam can insure HER clio"

Well Done. :rolleyes:

Clio 172
and with admiral all drivers build admiral no claims so as long as you stay with admiral you are building no claims. If you are only using the car now and again then fair enough but it is fraud if its your daily driver!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Nah mum drives it more than all of us, at the mo anyway, haha, but thanks for telling me about the admiral no claim's building, i didnt know.

Turbos.
LOL at insurance fraud. Not being funny, but you've acted like you have invented the wheel. It is nothing new and is done by quite a few young drivers. As said though, you aren't building up NCB unless the insurance company specifically allows all named drivers to do so. In the long run then, it levels out.

Yes it is hers. We all share it, and it dont matter about the NCB, it will drop and drop as my age goes up anyway, probs not alot, but il have a decient job so its not a worry then is it.

How is it insurance Fraud if me mums not the named? its her car and she uses it too.

Hi Guys,

Would 1st off like to give you a little bit of information about myself then onto me car :), my name is Nick Harding, i am 16, nearly 17 so will be on the road soon.

You guys have pulled together a fantastic forum full of valuable information and am proud that i am now a part of it :).

When i pass my test in December/Jan, my parents are giving me a Renault Clio 1.2 8V 2002 model, I want to lower it, but am unsure if i can do it on the standard shocks/springs? and also, how much should i lower it by?, looking at the arches its pretty high, but looking at the bottom of the front bumper, its pretty low.

Nick.

:coffee:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
l_a526a5893c6a5fe37c9d3316c21057-1.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
"I want to lower it, but am unsure if i can do it on the standard shocks/springs? and also, how much should i lower it by?, looking at the arches its pretty high, but looking at the bottom of the front bumper, its pretty low."

Why bother? You cant afford to insure 'your mums' car, throwing money at a shopping trolley wont help matters

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Because its going to be my car, f**k sake, i regret making threads on this forum, Next year im going to RTOC.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
No one can be happy for anyone on here, i made a thread the other week about something, and everyone just slated me for anything i said, Pathetic.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What's rtoc?

Did you expect fronting insurance to get a positive response?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I actually work closely with Admiral I don't think they take kindly to frontin'!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You don't gain NCB means it costs more in the long run is a load of tosh

I did this in my 1st 3 years of driving

The entrire 3 years of me being a named driver cost me less than a grand.

If i'd had taken my own insurance out, granted i'd have 3 years no claims but it would have cost me about £4k to get it.

When i was 21, insurance on my 172 was £800ish with 0ncb

Now i'm 24 with 3 years NCB it's £550.

P.S had no idea it was fronting when i did it.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
What's rtoc?

Did you expect fronting insurance to get a positive response?

Its not fronting insurance though, Dad uses it, occasionally, mum uses it most, i use it occasionally (at the mo), thats how it is and thats what they know, everything is correct.

rtoc? www.rtoc.org

Renault Turbo Owners Club.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Bingo!

I started on my own insurance and i'm now reaping the benefits.

They will ask you how long you've been driving...
5 years, and how many no claims?

Only 2 years. Ah then they will rape you.

You don't own a Renault Turbo tho.

Oh and you're fronting so don't try and run away from the fact.
You drive the car about at night ect and anywhere else you want to go, it's your car.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Bingo!

I started on my own insurance and i'm now reaping the benefits.

They will ask you how long you've been driving...
5 years, and how many no claims?

Only 2 years. Ah then they will rape you.

You don't own a Renault Turbo tho.

Oh and you're fronting so don't try and run away from the fact.
You drive the car about at night ect and anywhere else you want to go, it's your car.

So the Renault 5 gt turbo track car aint a renault turbo?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Tbh i cant be bothered with this anymore, anything that ever gets said get ripped into, no matter what its about, and you can never get anywere when you suggest things.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Seriously, either f**k off to RTOC or stop winging.

Its boring.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You mention in that other thread aswell Nick about crap but come on.

It's fronting and it's frowned apon.

You have already admitted it's your car.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
And if you do have a crash, and a claim is made against you, doesnt this mean you mam will loose her NCB? (Guppy)

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Would highly recommend directline to anyone - can build your own NCB as a named driver.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Ok, i know you can check, Gally, Have a look at who owns PE02 GMU, My mother does, She uses it most, dad uses it occasionally, and so do i. There is nothing wrong with that. When the car becomes mine (when the trike's finished for Dad) the insurance will be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.