ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your BHP guesstimates....

172 cup
  • Clio 172 cup
  • ITG panel filter
  • KTR 182 manifold
  • KTR Decat
  • Miltek Cat-back
  • Schrick Billet Cams
  • RSTuning Re-map
What would you estimate???

:S

TVR Cerbera
what spec are your cams?

don't forget you wouldn't have started with 172 in the first place! lol

is the remap bolt on or rolling road?

LY 182
we know rs tuning have an RR, he means was it mapped on the RR with your particular car or just a map that was saved

ValverInBits
  • Clio 172 cup
  • ITG panel filter
  • KTR 182 manifold
  • KTR Decat
  • Miltek Cat-back
  • Schrick Billet Cams
  • RSTuning Re-map

It's just a renault manifold mate ;)
Sorry, I'm sure you knew that.
Is this plans, or have you fitted this?
Doing any of the work yourself.
My guess is between 194 and 202bhp. Hows that?

172 cup
well if you ditched the panel filter and went ITB's you would have circa 225-230.

shrick cams are expensive, mine are catcams - much cheaper

Oh right. They are expensive tbh. Thanks, ill look at cat cams. What are your thoughts on them??

• Clio 172 cup
  • ITG panel filter
  • KTR 182 manifold
  • KTR Decat
  • Miltek Cat-back
  • Schrick Billet Cams
  • RSTuning Re-map

It's just a renault manifold mate ;)
Sorry, I'm sure you knew that.
Is this plans, or have you fitted this?
Doing any of the work yourself.
My guess is between 194 and 202bhp. Hows that?

Sorry, my mistake, i thought it was made by ktr. 194-202 sounds very good :)

a KTR decat is also just a decat...

I dont get it lol

Ok. Well i was just making that clear and im sure a decat is a decat. Does it really bother you that much? What is there to not get? :rolleyes:

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
even if u ported the inlet your still not gonna crack 200bhp with standard tb and injectors.... fact!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Sorry to hi-jack, what do you guys reckon my 172 should be putting out, the list!

Cat back powerflow sytem 2" with 2 straight through silencers
De-cat
RS tunner Group N map
ITG Pannel filter

was hoping for the 190hp figure, engine does feel great so one can hope lol :approve:

What do you reckon?

ValverInBits
not sure about 190 from breathing mods and a remap. If the RS tuner is setup for a decat then maybe your looking at 185.
Speculation is pretty futile tbh

VRS
Sorry to hi-jack, what do you guys reckon my 172 should be putting out, the list!

Cat back powerflow sytem 2" with 2 straight through silencers
De-cat
RS tunner Group N map
ITG Pannel filter

was hoping for the 190hp figure, engine does feel great so one can hope lol :approve:

What do you reckon?

if and i mean if your 172 is actually giving out 172bhp (most run anything between 160-170 then your looking at

1-3 ish bhp from the decat and exhaust
not much really from the panel filter
4-5 from the rstuner

so your most likely running low to mid 170's

the most importsnt thing is how the car drives though, the exhaust decat and panel filter will free up the revs and give it more low doen grunt and the rstuner should give it a smoother power curve with a slightly higher peak

:)

Meg 230 f1
you 172 is prob only producing 165 brake for starters and you dont really gain 10 bhp from an exhaust 10 from a cold air induction kit, the remap might get you that much if your lucky, you prob looking at 180-185 maybe, cams will get you closer to 185

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
What are you pushing with all that then mate? i have read that alot of people were getting the 170bhp mark from standards on the rollers, some with bad spark plugs, dirty filters or just very un-well 172's etc were still getting 160hp+

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thats gay, hoped to be putting down atleast 180hp... it aint easy making more power.. on with the matched inlets!:cool:

Meg 230 f1
its all down to the rollers as well some might say 180 some will say 175 and others will say 185 its hard to trust them fully all i know is its faster than standard and if it was just my seat it would be rapid

TVR Cerbera
Thats gay, hoped to be putting down atleast 180hp... it aint easy making more power.. on with the matched inlets!:cool:

It's also very expensive to get the power.....

I had 233bhp (more now) after spending in the region of £5k for parts alone (did a lot of the work myself)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
May get down to a scrap yard, weigh the car then use the Fast chip Perfomance analyzer, that should be a fairly good reading, how much can i expect to gain from some thing like angel works matched inlets?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Seriously James, SRR in Srpt. It's known for being very accurate for a RR

Surry Rolling Road Saturday 6th Sept

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I've put my name down on the maybe's saner :) , would only really wanna go if the ITG max was on with the 45degree bend + matched inlets

TVR Cerbera
I had 233bhp (more now)

Fook me your motor must move! what sort of 0-60 times does that pull?

5k, thats k-tec turbo right there :eek: .. 250bhp "supposedly"

5k +vat. but it's a turbo. loads of torque and broken gearboxes.

Mine's n/a, no lag, just goes like stink.

no idea what 0-60 is, 2 reasons why; traction and too busy changing gears

doing santa pod in 2 weeks, so i'll see then. 'should be mid 13's all going well'

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Fair enough mate, the sport box's are far from great like you say, hows yours coping with the 230 figure?

doing santa pod in 2 weeks, so i'll see then. 'should be mid 13's all going well'

That thing must be so much fun to drive :evil:

Ph1
Fook me your motor must move! what sort of 0-60 times does that pull?

5k, thats k-tec turbo right there :eek: .. 250bhp "supposedly"

I dont think anyones cracked 13's with a F4R running a N/A set up of any discription never mind mid 13's ?? :eek:

Mk2 172
Depends what the car is producing in standard trim. I bet its nowhere near 170 bhp. Omex dyno'd their 182 before they put the bodies on and it only produced 166 bhp. Proof is there but also depends on which dyno. The difference from one to another can be absolutely massive!!!!

TVR Cerbera

I dont think anyones cracked 13's with a F4R running a N/A set up of any discription never mind mid 13's ?? :eek:
I thought the fastest na clio run 13.2's . I did a 14.5 with a slipping clutch this year and loads of wheelspin!

Ph1
14.2's not 13's :)

Sure there was some sort of thrash a while back on these very pages and not even the TB'd up F4R's could get into the 13's where in contrast the hybrids did with ease

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i doubt a 233bhp Clio will do mid 13s, may break into the high 13s JUST.

Tuning a 172/182 is like throwing £50 notes onto a fire. Just enjoy it how it is standard, Its a more than capable car in stock form and doesnt need big power. Save the ££££'s you was going to spend on increasing power for a faster car when you can afford one.

Alternatively, Spend some money getting decent suspension/braking and tyre set up, And I garentee your car with 172bhp ish will be as fast as a 190bhp standard set up model around most tracks.

Personally, Enjoy them standard for what they are and save up for a faster car. If you like the modifying game, Go for something turbo'd/