ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your favourite Detailing brand?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Whats your favourite brand of detailing/valeting products? Im a massive fan of Auto finesse, auto smary and autoglym (3 autos eh?).

GT. easily the game changer of 2011/12. C4/5/1 are still the go to products for semi perm wheel/plastic/paint protection, G1/3 for windows, Gwash is superb, C2V3 is exceptional by all accounts, i1 is the best fabric protector I've used... Need I go on?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The mrs uses the GT stuff and I have to agree that its pretty epic, the window stuff really is amazing, obviously ive seen stuff like rainx for about 20 years but how long the GT stuff lasts is mental by comparison, like literally a year at a time versus a fortnight for rainx, lol.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I was a Dodo juice person until i started using auto finesse

Much better

I have a mixture of AF DDJ & Meguiars

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Auto Finesse here, I've not yet found a product of theirs that doesn't meet my expectations and with the added bonus of being easy to use.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Anyone got a bad case of OCD feel free to detail my car, beer tokens supplied ;)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
DDJ is very overpriced i think
Im upgrading to AF now & have brought a couple of there products lately

Im wanting a few of their products

This s**t is going to get expensive

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Zaino range is still brilliant, even after all this time.

AF's range is comprehensive and effective, I haven't used a bad product from them yet.

With the exception of C1+ , GT is very good.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's funny how much branding/marketing can do for products. This thread is a great example of that.

You mean how many vids/how much presence AF and GT do/have? Clever, huh. You should see the recognition analytics we get through at work for someone like Barclaycard. Do a single ad once a year, people recall is about 11%. Do one a month, 87% recall. Quite fascinating actually.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very fascinating mate. Once you get involved in the ins and outs of the industry things sort of become clear. Looking at accounts like PB and Miracle Detail, all funny reading.

My point was more that AF are in essence basic products hence why other companies sell the same stuff, but I love their branding and bottles etc and the whole feel of it so most would buy it over autobrite who share similar products.

Packaging and brand sell, we both know that Esq!

Funny how if I'd try to launch one of our recent products with another publisher, I'd have been laughed out of the room.

With pink pages, SIMPLES. Brand powa.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
On the other hand, Autosmart are fairly dull and industrial yet I bet they make a lot of money from us lot who aren't into professional detailing/valeting. I prefer companies, who have small, effective ranges. Not loads of products, where it gets confusing as to which product to buy. I think Auto Finesse have hit the nail on the head with their range to be honest. AF also have do a lot of competitions, which are big on social media. I see my friends that haven't even got cars entering the competitions!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Packaging and brand sell, we both know that Esq!

Not just detailing either, its amazing the extent to which consumers fall for marketing nonsense.

Stick something in a black and gold box and writen luxury on it and people are queuing up to pay twice what its worth etc.

Trouble is, how else can the man on the street really decide what is the better product when faced with a shelf full? Its a crazy world we live in where we all make so many choices on a daily basis with nothing to really base that decision on but spin and hype and adverts!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I have to say its Autobrite Direct. Not one of their products ive used has underperformed, their back to basics sessions are brilliant and the sales they do are often mind blowing!

I have to say its Autobrite Direct. Not one of their products ive used has underperformed, their back to basics sessions are brilliant and the sales they do are often mind blowing!

I was gonna say AB as well. For wash and decontamination stages at least, their products are just right. Nothing fancy, just simple good working products.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
DDJ is very overpriced i think
Im upgrading to AF now & have brought a couple of there products lately

Im wanting a few of their products

This s**t is going to get expensive

I have a bit of AF stuff, so far ive spent around £500 and it looks like nothing....

I enjoy making stuff look good..