ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

your first ever car how sh*t was it !

1984 Maestro 1.3! Got it in 1988 and had it nearly 3yrs - it was a pile of sh*t but it taught me how to work on a car etc as I spent most of my time with a haynes manual fixing it. I can still remember the reg: A754 JLT, god I feel old!

:oops:

C4 Grand Picasso

1986 Austin Metro, 1.0, White. Crappy tape player, felt fast as fook when I got it. Cost me the grand sum of £60. It lasted 6 months before I wanted something better and sold it for £100 :).

172, Tiguan

1986 Renault 5 1.1 TL.

Looked battered but lasted for years and took plenty of abuse! After my brother had it a guy came and bought it and took it to France!!

Amazingly got spotted by my Mum and Dad some 18 months after we sold it down in the Alps!

A black MkII Xr2 C Reg. It cost me £1900 to buy but £1300 to insure TP.

I couldnt go through a whole month without needing to fix something.

By the time I got rid of it I had more or less replaced the whole car with new bits.

Ahh those were the days.. not!

Volvo S60 D5

The first car I ever drove was my parents Volvo 850 T5 estate.

Learnt a bit in that, a 225bhp car with L plates :)

Also learnt in an MG Maestro Turbo & Fiesta Mk3 1.0 Bonus

A red Nissan Primera Mk 2 2.0i 16v LX 1996, bought in 1999. 40k and did 20k in the year I had. Bought off a family member for 4.5k. Insurance was £1400.

Very reliable, just needed pads and new tyres and 1 service in the very abusive 1 year. Sold it to a bloke I played footy with and it is now on 100k still going strong.

It did not look quick but when your mates had 1.1 Ax, saxo and astra 1.4 it was a rocket ship and a luxury crusier compared to their cars.

Swopped it for a fiesta zetec S and missed the primeras quality and overal package

Ziel Nurburgring

Mini cooper replica in BRC, stripes and white roof. Had 8" wella wheels and went like stink for a 998. In the end id upgraded most of the engine/gear box/cams and sold it for a little more than i paid for it (£700).

3 Series xdrive

10 years ago:eek:

Mk 1 fiesta 1.1 popular plus

Y plate only 70,000... steel rims(pencil tyres)

Ran on 4* petrol(god them were the days)

Mint condition, pants Motorola stereo(cassette deck)

Only 2 ownwers

No rust (yes a Ford with no rust....i was shocked too)

Pranged it 6 moths later :(

Octavia VRS

Red 1992 1.0 J reg Micra LS (well it was my mums!) - was amazing!

My first own car is still the same Im driving today

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

My first car was a Vauxhall Astra 5 door, GOLD in colour- 1.3l-was the slowest thing on the road back then. Top speed was about 80mph but it took about 2days to get there!!

Not a Clio

1995 M reg 1.2 8v Renault Clio "Les Routiers"
Manual windows and sunroof. Fancy seats.
1 lady owner, low millage cost £3000.

Dad bought it me for passing my test (5 years ago)

Traded it in for a Valver 2 years later.
Now on my 3rd car.

I had a 309 GTI

I bought it for £1400 at the local auction.

I then paid the same each year for insurance. It was such a great car to own at 18 :)

Quality response everybody,

The good old days !

You cant beat your 1st car can ya !

all paid for - no loans - easy..

You all seem to remember your reg numbers aswell !!

Might start a thread in the pics section with photos of you, all sitting on the bonnett ---proud as anything !! -----like derv above !! Ill dig some out of my 1 litre nova coup........!!!!!:cool:

Cheers all......

Shhh

I had a MG Metro given to me from my mum..

Followed by a XR2 that was a px and had its pepper pot alloys stolen on the forecourt, got it for £250 and bought a knackered XR2 for £50..so made one car out the two.

Took to the paintwork myself to repair the rust. Was not very nice.

Then bought a XR2i as i had all the spares in the shed. Cost me £2300 for a J reg in Dec 2000..was well smart, sold it for £800 in Aug 02

silver valver/hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by cutlercup on 20 January 2005

Might start a thread in the pics section with photos of you, all sitting on the bonnett ---proud as anything !! -----like derv
:oops:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

1.2 corsa l reg with 17s what a bag of w**k it took about a week to get to 60. then i sold it then i got a clio 1.6 mk2 phase 1 which ive still got

had a mk2 vauxhall astra 1.3L, with a huge webber carb k+n filter and some crap 5 spoke alloys complete with partworns on! quite quick but bloody scary!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

1st car was great - 1.25 16V Fiesta Zetec, which soon enough was wrotten off.

2nd Car, not so good - 1.2 Nova Diamond (yes I know). Cost £60 with alloys and a couple of months MOT. Taxed it for 6 months, put a new headlight in it, and sold it for £270.

3rd Car - Clio, still running fine, hopefully will continue to do so.

4th Car - Who knows?

LY 200

How sh*t was my first car???

Well apart from it bein sh*t slow (k plate 1.2 rl) it actually looked really nice, especially for a first car!!!

Lost loadsa money on that baby!!!:(

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio

i had a lovely beige nissan sunny 5dr hatchback (91), 1600cc though, so it was fairly nippy, just looked like a grandads car. A car I have happily forgot

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by clio-16-valver on 20 January 2005

My first car is a clio 16v :) at 17. Fantastic car ( I kno the title says how sh*t was your first car)
How the hell can you get insured on that?

managed to convince the folks to gimme a bit more of a deposit to put down (2.5k) and got a 2001 clio 1.4 16v priviliege with all the toys! Paid £7k on 0% for 5 years, 3 year warranty, it was on 24k miles.

Not bad I thought, LOVE IT!

A silver one

A red Nova SR 1.4, G445 APO

Had full Magnex exhaust and Calibra alloys. Thought it was the b****cks.

Wrote it off on a petrol station forecourt!

133/225/CLS AMG

I was pretty proud of my first car although slow served me proud.

Clio 1.2 Oasis, only had 49,000 miles when I bought her in 1999. Ended up with 15" TSW alloys, Pioneer install which some pikeys nicked and then I sold her.

Loved the car though and moved onto an 8 month old Clio Grande with 1500 miles on it. Loved that one too. :D

Megane 225 Arctic Blue

First car was a blue Hillman Imp!!
Very good condition for its age and wasnt actually that bad - quite fun in fact. Slow but handled quite well. Especially with a bag of sand in the front - it was rear engined :)

I sold that when I got my first job and they gave a min green Peugeot 306 XND....

Andrew

RB182cup&golf gti

Black AX GT mark 2 J reg, bought in 97 sold in 2002 as too many things went wrong, gearbox bearings were the last straw!! sold it to some chav who sold it on a week or so later :(

Had an 84 ford orion 1.4 in white (well, more orange/golden than white due to rust). Only cost £300 and ragged it to bits. Had quite a bit of mods on it, bodykit, lowered, 17s, etc, then I wrote it off, hit black ice on corner, lost control and smacked into the back of a parked car :(